Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm

norm11 wrote:
scud wrote:Ok so after 2 matches I think premiership betting would look something like this

Freeling $2.50
Sandy creek $3.50
Angaston $5.00
Gilbert Valley $7.00
Nuri $15.00
Kapunda / Gawler Central $19.00
South Gawler $25.00

I still think there are some juicy odds here and all 8 teams could still win it.

I'll put a pineapple on Ango at $5's though ;)

Ango are my $1.50 favs

I'd be snapping up the $3.50 for Sandy Creek, wont be at those juicy odds for long.
Did you leave a zero of the Nuri odds, should be 150/1, wont win a game
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby scud » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:27 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
norm11 wrote:
scud wrote:Ok so after 2 matches I think premiership betting would look something like this

Freeling $2.50
Sandy creek $3.50
Angaston $5.00
Gilbert Valley $7.00
Nuri $15.00
Kapunda / Gawler Central $19.00
South Gawler $25.00

I still think there are some juicy odds here and all 8 teams could still win it.

I'll put a pineapple on Ango at $5's though ;)

Ango are my $1.50 favs

I'd be snapping up the $3.50 for Sandy Creek, wont be at those juicy odds for long.
Did you leave a zero of the Nuri odds, should be 150/1, wont win a game

Yep , Sandy right now are the big market movers , coming in from $7's at the start of the year. Freeling have firmed from $3 and ango on the back of the start of the other two sides have just gone out to $5's from their $3.50 early price.

As for nuri they are 5th favourite for flag but are $2.00 to be the relegated team this year.
scud
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Red Rocket » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:41 pm

Reckon Days is on the money about Nuri.
Would have to be short priced favourites to go down, doubtful they will win more than a game or two tops, might save South from the drop.
Only early I know but looks to be 3 teams a notch above, Nuri and South should comfortably bring up the rear. Hard to guage the other 3 sides, Kapunda will win their fair share and look to have a good mix of youth and seniors, GV on paper still look strong and would expect them to start hitting their straps, as for Centrals who knows, depends on how long King misses and if the skipper can call on any ring ins to play for them
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby happyhawk » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:28 pm

I agree with rocket I reckon ango, sandy and freeling are clearly the best three sides with the rest to fight it out for fourth. Ango were excellent yesterday and with Bain and rathjen back it strengthens their batting massively. If Brett 'Heath streak' burgess can keep up his good all round form they will be tough to stop. Freeling will get a few back and hit their straps when it counts as usual. It might be a long year for the bulls with weddings, footy trips etc coming up over the next month.
happyhawk
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: RSMU

Postby scud » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:42 pm

happyhawk wrote:I agree with rocket I reckon ango, sandy and freeling are clearly the best three sides with the rest to fight it out for fourth. Ango were excellent yesterday and with Bain and rathjen back it strengthens their batting massively. If Brett 'Heath streak' burgess can keep up his good all round form they will be tough to stop. Freeling will get a few back and hit their straps when it counts as usual. It might be a long year for the bulls with weddings, footy trips etc coming up over the next month.

Correct Happy Hawk , certainly sandy are the big improvers this year , pretty handy to get a mosey medallist back and a couple other recruits, will look forward to seeing them first hand this week.
Freeling will be the bench mark again and they know how to win the big matches.
Don't write off the Bulls just yet, you can't keep class down for two long and they have a bloke named Craig Mullins who oooozzess Class!! When he fires their almost unbeatable...
scud
Under 16s

Postby Slowey » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:40 am

scud wrote:
happyhawk wrote:I agree with rocket I reckon ango, sandy and freeling are clearly the best three sides with the rest to fight it out for fourth. Ango were excellent yesterday and with Bain and rathjen back it strengthens their batting massively. If Brett 'Heath streak' burgess can keep up his good all round form they will be tough to stop. Freeling will get a few back and hit their straps when it counts as usual. It might be a long year for the bulls with weddings, footy trips etc coming up over the next month.

Correct Happy Hawk , certainly sandy are the big improvers this year , pretty handy to get a mosey medallist back and a couple other recruits, will look forward to seeing them first hand this week.
Don't write off the Bulls just yet, you can't keep class down for two long and they have a bloke named Craig Mullins who oooozzess Class!! When he fires their almost unbeatable...

Who is the Mosey Medallist they have got back? Any news on the recruits where from ect?
Slowey

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby norm11 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:54 am

Hahaha. Angaston doing well to play a straight bat here. But we all know if they don't at least make the gf this year it's been a dissapointing season for them. Been up and about for so long. With the inclusion of Bain and the youth they have mixed with experience they will be hard to beat.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Red Rocket » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:51 am

Slowey wrote:
scud wrote:

Who is the Mosey Medallist they have got back? Any news on the recruits where from ect?

Presuming the Mosey medallist is Fuller?
Looking through the scorecards it seems the only other new recruit is this Gebauer bloke that was talked about on here a few pages back.
Also is a D Koch who took a few wickets and made a few runs but think he might be a young colt from the club.
Have they got any other recruits?
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:11 am

Yep young Daniel Koch is a 14 year old up from our Under 14's last year. Quality young kid who loves his cricket. Gebauer is another young bat who has been around the PDCA traps for the past few years. For those that may know the long serving Craigmore great Rob Howe, it's his lad. Has showed some really good stuff in the first two games.
As for the odds, Angaston are surely even money with Freeling at $1.20
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby bennymacca » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:15 am

Freeling won their first game of the T20 champs yesterday, against Lower North. Made 184 i think, with Sam Carmy making 80 odd, and LN made 136 in reply
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby scud » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:05 am

cokadonkeytoo wrote:Yep young Daniel Koch is a 14 year old up from our Under 14's last year. Quality young kid who loves his cricket. Gebauer is another young bat who has been around the PDCA traps for the past few years. For those that may know the long serving Craigmore great Rob Howe, it's his lad. Has showed some really good stuff in the first two games.

Hats off to sandy for playing a kid and developing him, even if he doesn't continue to play A1s for the next year or two at least you know when he is completely ready (if he isn't already), he has the confidence that he's been there before.. We have noticed that with the kids we have been playing throughout the last couple years that even though they aren't always in our 1's team that when they are they slip in unnoticed now, which is really great. - by unnoticed I mean they just do their job and I don't have to worry. I trust that they can bat anywhere or open the bowling if needed.

I love seeing young kids get a go, even though I might still give them a hard time while standing in the slips, but that's just part of their development to put up with dicks like me telling them their no good. it's good to see the young talent around though.
scud
Under 16s

Postby scud » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:09 am

bennymacca wrote:Freeling won their first game of the T20 champs yesterday, against Lower North. Made 184 i think, with Sam Carmy making 80 odd, and LN made 136 in reply

Well done to freeling, this should be a cake walk again this year. I hear other teams aren't quiet as serious as the freeling boys but I don't know why you wouldn't be, the chance to play on Adelaide oval and the money you can win for club would be incentive enough, surely.

Good luck for rest of series.
scud
Under 16s

Postby Slowey » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:35 am

cokadonkeytoo wrote:Yep young Daniel Koch is a 14 year old up from our Under 14's last year. Quality young kid who loves his cricket. Gebauer is another young bat who has been around the PDCA traps for the past few years. For those that may know the long serving Craigmore great Rob Howe, it's his lad. Has showed some really good stuff in the first two games.

Hard to make teams clear favourites after round 2.
Maybe at the half way point of the year once everyone has played one another is the time.
With alot of other leagues ill assume that players will miss games with weddings functions and christmas shows, stating the obvious but how important is it to win games early in the year.

Must say haven't heard of too many 14 year olds playing A1 cricket, the kid must have some ability. I look forward to seeing his results throughout the year. Well done too Sandy Creek for giving him a go.
Slowey

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Shoot it » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:09 pm

I remember a young Shannon Hurn terrorising bowlers as a 14 year old playing A grade. If I remember he played in a grand Final.
Shoot it

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Shoot it wrote:I remember a young Shannon Hurn terrorising bowlers as a 14 year old playing A grade. If I remember he played in a grand Final.

Opened the batting and made 50 odd in a premiership
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Homer J » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:01 pm

cokadonkeytoo wrote:Yep young Daniel Koch is a 14 year old up from our Under 14's last year. Quality young kid who loves his cricket

Pity he didn't stick with the Jets juniors, has the talent to play 16reds this year and go on to seniors there if he stuck at it.

Not sure why it's so hard for some Barossa juniors to commit to the higher standard of cricket?
Homer J
Rookie

Been liked: 43 times

Postby scud » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:38 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Shoot it wrote:I remember a young Shannon Hurn terrorising bowlers as a 14 year old playing A grade. If I remember he played in a grand Final.

Funny you mention Bunga, He was there Saturday cheering the Ango boys on like he is every time he is back in the off season. Like every year i asked him the question of playing a game or two while he was back, normally get a no pretty quickly but to my suprise he did say if the WCE give him the green light then he will play... i thought yeah ok ill believe when i see it. But he said he would ring the powers to be on monday(today) and let me know..

to my suprise at 5:30 tonight my phone rings and its Bunga letting me know he will be at training this week. should be exciting for a couple of the young lads that only know him as the AFL footballer
scud
Under 16s

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Homer J, he was giving the Jets a miss this year as he wanted to have a crack at Basketball which fell on Jets training nights. Don't write him off, he may very well be back there next year, having a season against adults will do him the world of good
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:41 pm

scud wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Funny you mention Bunga, He was there Saturday cheering the Ango boys on like he is every time he is back in the off season. Like every year i asked him the question of playing a game or two while he was back, normally get a no pretty quickly but to my suprise he did say if the WCE give him the green light then he will play... i thought yeah ok ill believe when i see it. But he said he would ring the powers to be on monday(today) and let me know..

to my suprise at 5:30 tonight my phone rings and its Bunga letting me know he will be at training this week. should be exciting for a couple of the young lads that only know him as the AFL footballer

And no doubt will line up against Sandy this week :-)
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:18 pm

Homer J wrote:
cokadonkeytoo wrote:Yep young Daniel Koch is a 14 year old up from our Under 14's last year. Quality young kid who loves his cricket

Pity he didn't stick with the Jets juniors, has the talent to play 16reds this year and go on to seniors there if he stuck at it.

Not sure why it's so hard for some Barossa juniors to commit to the higher standard of cricket?

He'll learn far more playing A Grade cricket here than 16s at the Jets.
Maybe some juniors dont want to commit to the travel at such a young age. No harm done if they only go down to the jets at 16 or 17 yrs of age
daysofourlives
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps