End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Talk on the national game

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Postby helicopterking » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:21 pm

valleys07 wrote:Travis Varcoe to West Coast gaining momentum...

God No. Why, oh why? X_X :-Q
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 676 times

Postby CoverKing » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Outside run for your mob is needed
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby valleys07 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Take your Port glasses off and tell me what do you think Ryder is worth honestly.
Hartlett I agree is a laughable proposition but considering Ryder will be in the top 5 money earners at Port surely he is worth a decent player.
To me pick 16(now 17) doesnt cut it as would pick 17 and a dud like Butcher. I think if Essendon got pick 17 plus a half decent player like Neade or Moore they would take it. I did hear them mention on SEN that two picks in the top 20 would also be acceptable, this obviously would need more clubs involved.

Rocket- lets look at things in scale for a second. Ryder is a top 10 pick, and is an important makeup of Essendon’s side, so yes, he wont come cheap. In my opinion, he is worth pick 17.

Ryder is 27 at the start of next season. Potentially he has a good 5 seasons left in the game. Lets not forget, that in Ryder’s tenure at Essendon, he has not finished top 3 in their Best & Fairest, and has not come close to AA selection. We are talking an important cog in a team, not a star of the competition.

With a potential ASADA sanction hanging over his head, if Essendon nail pick 17, they have a 12 year player in their squad. Huge win to Essendon long term. Conversely if they balls pick 17, then the trade becomes a clear win to Port in the short term, but no club wins in the long run, if Port fail to win a flag in their window. Precisely the reason Ryder is being targeted.

At the end of the day, if Cripps/Hinkley feel that a fringe player like a Moore, O/Shea, who declares a want to return to Victoria, is what it will take to get the deal across the line- then I have no problems including that player in the deal. Still a win to the Bombers in my opinion long term- but the blow will be softened if we win a flag between 15-17.

To suggest Wingard, Wines or Hartlett on top of our first pick, is an absolute insult to Port Adelaide, and is a pitiful attempt to cover an exodus, to fix a problem which was created by themselves.
Last edited by valleys07 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1174 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby carey » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:14 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:Take your Port glasses off and tell me what do you think Ryder is worth honestly.
Hartlett I agree is a laughable proposition but considering Ryder will be in the top 5 money earners at Port surely he is worth a decent player.
To me pick 16(now 17) doesnt cut it as would pick 17 and a dud like Butcher. I think if Essendon got pick 17 plus a half decent player like Neade or Moore they would take it. I did hear them mention on SEN that two picks in the top 20 would also be acceptable, this obviously would need more clubs involved.

Rocket- lets look at things in scale for a second. Ryder is a top 10 pick, and is an important makeup of Essendon’s side, so yes, he wont come cheap. In my opinion, he is worth pick 17.

Ryder is 27 at the start of next season. Potentially he has a good 5 seasons left in the game. Lets not forget, that in Ryder’s tenure at Essendon, he has not finished top 3 in their Best & Fairest, and has not come close to AA selection. We are talking an important cog in a team, not a star of the competition.

With a potential ASADA sanction hanging over his head, if Essendon nail pick 17, they have a 12 year player in their squad. Huge win to Essendon long term. Conversely if they balls pick 17, then the trade becomes a clear win to Port in the short term, but no club wins in the long run, if Port fail to win a flag in their window. Precisely the reason Ryder is being targeted.

At the end of the day, if Cripps/Hinkley feel that a fringe player like a Moore, O/Shea, who declares a want to return to Victoria, is what it will take to get the deal across the line- then I have no problems including that player in the deal. Still a win to the Bombers in my opinion long term- but the blow will be softened if we win a flag between 15-17.

To suggest Wingard, Wines or Hartlett on top of our first pick, is an absolute insult to Port Adelaide, and is a pitiful attempt to cover an exodus, to fix a problem, which was created by themselves.

^^^^^^^

This x2
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2813 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Pup » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:21 pm

CoverKing wrote:Outside run for your mob is needed

No we need quick outside skilful midfielders not a half forward flank who drifts in and out and in and out of games. We have Josh Hill for that.
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Pup » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:21 pm

helicopterking wrote:

Where are you getting this momentum from?
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:25 pm

Frawley is an absolute star of the game. A rock star, actually.
Definitely up there in comparison to Buddy Franklin, I can see where WUB is coming from.
All he wants is the fair WUB of the green when you blokes are bagging Sydney.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby valleys07 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:27 pm

Pup wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

Trade winds on FB, and from other forums.

Could be BS Pup- just posting what im reading/hearing.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1174 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby carey » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:39 pm

Phillip Walsh signed with Cows as head coach.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2813 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Pup » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:42 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Pup wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

Trade winds on FB, and from other forums.

Could be BS Pup- just posting what im reading/hearing.

Yeah i wasn't having a go at you just curious. Saw some yesterday but was hoping it was going cool off.
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:56 pm

carey wrote:Phillip Walsh signed with Cows as head coach.

Confirmed?
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3313 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Frawley is an absolute star of the game. A rock star, actually.
Definitely up there in comparison to Buddy Franklin, I can see where WUB is coming from.
All he wants is the fair WUB of the green when you blokes are bagging Sydney.

frawley pick 3. Franklin pick 16. With the compensation. As I stated people bagged the swans for r getting franklin after off loading 8 players.

Not comparing the 2 at all... Franklin can actually play.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3039 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:12 pm

Melbourne are the winners of this deal
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:12 pm

valleys07 wrote:

To suggest Wingard, Wines or Hartlett on top of our first pick, is an absolute insult to Port Adelaide, and is a pitiful attempt to cover an exodus, to fix a problem which was created by themselves.

I havnt seen us ask for Hartlett on top of a pick, think Rucci made that up.
Have never heard us even mention Hartlett.
I agree though its a ridiculous request if true.
Pick 17 alone wont get it done, will need other clubs involved
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3577 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby helicopterking » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:27 pm

Pup wrote:
CoverKing wrote:Outside run for your mob is needed

No we need quick outside skilful midfielders not a half forward flank who drifts in and out and in and out of games. We have Josh Hill for that.

This.
Hopefully nothing more then a 3rd round pick.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 676 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:40 pm

Sydneys Shane Biggs has aked to be traded back to Melbourne, i guess with the 3 1st round pick players Sydney were gifted by the AFL today he doesnt see much of a future there
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2439 times
Been liked: 1672 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:08 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Sydneys Shane Biggs has aked to be traded back to Melbourne, i guess with the 3 1st round pick players Sydney were gifted by the AFL today he doesnt see much of a future there

Average footballer. No real lose. Also fair chance won't be traded too
Last edited by woodublieve12 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby CoverKing » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:12 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Sydneys Shane Biggs has aked to be traded back to Melbourne, i guess with the 3 1st round pick players Sydney were gifted by the AFL today he doesnt see much of a future there

Average footballer. No real lose

Jumped off him pretty quickly
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:13 pm

CoverKing wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Average footballer. No real lose

Jumped off him pretty quickly

Never jumped on him.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:15 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

Average footballer. No real lose. Also fair chance won't be traded too

*loss
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2439 times
Been liked: 1672 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL