End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Talk on the national game

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Postby Spargo » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:49 pm

Brodlach wrote:
dragonsphere wrote:My mail suggests Clarkson will coach the crows with an announcement late Wednesday afternoon!!!

Heard this today too

Also Jarrod Lyons in a trade for Levi Greenwood

Sounds fair, Greenwood had a breakout year for a club that played in a prelim who look to be on the up, the other couldn't get a game with a mob who finished in the bottom 8, don't have a coach & is on the nose in the industry.
I reckon North will jump at this deal whilst throwing in Goldstein as a sweetener...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5488 times
Been liked: 5126 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby stan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:54 pm

Brodlach wrote:
dragonsphere wrote:My mail suggests Clarkson will coach the crows with an announcement late Wednesday afternoon!!!

Heard this today too

Even if this was true the crows donr need another player like Greenwood. Whilst he had a good year they need some outside run and quality ball users. Greenwood is more of an inside player and tagger.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby kickinit » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:31 am

Red Rocket wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:I wouldn't rule Sydney out for Ryder just yet...

Freo is the other one who is going to have a crack at luring him home
I think he will end up at Port, just need them to offer a little bit more to get it done

If he isn't going to take a deal from ASADA he won't play football AFL again.

You seem to be in the know with all this kinda stuff kickinit, is it correct that if they appeal all the way to the CAS it could still be 2-3 years before players serve suspensions? Maybe some of the older players are willing to go down this path and hope they have retired by then.
Ryder is a decent player but not the star that everyone makes him out to be, pretty sure I heard he has only finished top 10 in Essendons B&F once or twice in his 8 years, hardly superstar stats especially in a side that has been mediocre over that period.

As soon as you are handed a sanction (which come directly after the show cause notice period) you start your suspension. So if these players don't have a good enough excuse with the sc notice they will serve at least 12months even if they are innocent and beat the charge. The players would be stupid not to do a deal with ASADA
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:15 am

Spargo wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Heard this today too

Sounds fair, Greenwood had a breakout year for a club that played in a prelim who look to be on the up, the other couldn't get a game with a mob who finished in the bottom 8, don't have a coach & is on the nose in the industry.
I reckon North will jump at this deal whilst throwing in Goldstein as a sweetener...

Not saying there is anything in it but I read this morning that Greenwood yet to sign with the Kangaroos
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Pup » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:09 am

Joel Patfull wants to move to a Sydney club, yet is still contracted next year.
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:17 am

Brodlach wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Heard this today too

Not saying there is anything in it but I read this morning that Greenwood yet to sign with the Kangaroos

Greenwood is a very good player, a potential captain in the making for a top 4 side. Lyons didn't play for a side who finished 10th.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7497 times
Been liked: 10784 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:20 am

I think Lyons will be a good afl footballer eventually, but I would certainly take a trade for greenwood in a heartbeat, especially given his form this season
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby dedja » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:25 am

Lyons looks similar to Douglas when he was trying to break into the Crows line up ... it may take him a while and there's some chance to become a regular AFL footballer, but he needs to get his skates on.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:28 am

bennymacca wrote:I think Lyons will be a good afl footballer eventually, but I would certainly take a trade for greenwood in a heartbeat, especially given his form this season

Benny, Lyons is a plodder. He is a dime a dozen type of player, he is slow has ok skills and reads the play ok. He's had enough chances to make the grade and hasnt done enough. The fact he played games this year shows our lack of depth and sando's errors. Grigg and Matt Crouch should have been played over him without a doubt.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:29 am

Brisbanes Joel Patfull's manager has confirmed the reliable lions defender is looking to move a sydney based club...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:44 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Brisbanes Joel Patfull's manager has confirmed the reliable lions defender is looking to move a sydney based club...

So he's got two choices.

He can get paid for playing football or go to the Swans. Up to him.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:59 am

Trade radio talking of butcher still having currency, a third rounder to a Melbourne club, though they have mentioned St Kilda geelong and carlton, so doesn't seem like anything concrete.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:00 am

Footy Smart wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I think Lyons will be a good afl footballer eventually, but I would certainly take a trade for greenwood in a heartbeat, especially given his form this season

Benny, Lyons is a plodder. He is a dime a dozen type of player, he is slow has ok skills and reads the play ok. He's had enough chances to make the grade and hasnt done enough. The fact he played games this year shows our lack of depth and sando's errors. Grigg and Matt Crouch should have been played over him without a doubt.

Ive always thought Lyons had the potential to be a more than handy AFL player, and Im not sure he's always received the opportunities he could have .. Regardless of where it is, it's D-day for him now at his age and stature.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby dedja » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:02 am

bennymacca wrote:Trade radio talking of butcher still having currency ...

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:33 am

Just a suggestion thrown out there by trade radio - picks 4,8, Goldsack to the crows for danger.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:06 pm

Nooooo! I don't want effing Danger.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby bennymacca » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Fox sports tweeting gorringe wants out and has nominated port Adelaide. Interesting given he would have better opportunities at the crows. Pretty significant indictment on the crows really.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:19 pm

bennymacca wrote:Fox sports tweeting gorringe wants out and has nominated port Adelaide. Interesting given he would have better opportunities at the crows. Pretty significant indictment on the crows really.

And he grew up an avid Crows supporter I believe
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby bennymacca » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:22 pm

Now trade radio are saying the crows right into him.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:25 pm

bennymacca wrote:Fox sports tweeting gorringe wants out and has nominated port Adelaide. Interesting given he would have better opportunities at the crows. Pretty significant indictment on the crows really.

Yes, it is. :lol:

However, he can see Lobbe and the returning Redden from a knee reconstruction and hip surgery. As such ,Redden is a long, long way off. Renouf delisted leaves only the young and raw Shaw and Harvey as KPP on the list outside the starting 22.

If Ryder does come to Port you would think Lobbe rucking, Ryder, Schulz and Westhoff forward / roaming with Trengove and Carlile down back would leave little room for Gorringe. However, if Ryder does not eventuate then there would be a forward/ruck role for the taking. Or he's happy to take a risk and earn a spot in a side looking to head further up the ladder in the coming 3-5 years.

Great to hear from a Port fans perspective. White, Polec, Ryder, Gorringe...excellent news for the club, players want to come to Alberton.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL