Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Postby heater31 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:14 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Got my first Eagle a couple of weeks ago at Berri on the Par 5 15th. Won 6 balls lol. Tight kents.

Stableford round?

Holed 2 eagles in my life time so far and both of them have been in a bloody par round....... 3 for a + doesn't sound as good as a 3 for 5 :oops:

yeah was stableford. managed only 35 points. Mind you, I had 4 wipeouts so i played well on the holes i scored on but the wipeout holes were terrible. On one par 5, I was 20 metres from the green after my second with a bunker in front of me. Tried to chip over and went straight in the pot and had 5 shots in the pot and couldn't get out. I was ******* spewing

Yep that shits me too. decent drive and 2nd shot is reasonable only for the short game to **** you over..... :oops:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:00 am

MatteeG wrote:Cove Golf Club game this Sunday at Echunga 7.30 am. Hope the weather is a little like today....

Played the Vines the other week and it tore me a new one. Had three 8's on way to a 96. Second up after a spell and I was useless, including I reckon at least 12 shots out of bunkers (including a few left in) which I usually pride myself on being OK at. Gees those greens are firm- will be lightning in the Summer I'd have thought. Course in good nick.

Played the Vines last Friday, they have cored and sanded the greens so wait a couple of weeks before heading out!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3566 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:17 am

so you were part of the trade day??? - it made for a frustratingly slow day!

they had the greens cored the week before also
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11915 times
Been liked: 3628 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:34 am

Went out last friday for a 43 and then 49

They had a trade day on but was able to get on between groups but had to play with another guy.

He has an airy off the tee.
then hooks it into the trees but only went about 100m

I managed a handy drive.

he then tops his 3rd shot to get just past my drive.

he said I could play through.
But there wasnt much point as it was busy.

I walked up towards my ball as he was hitting his.

I heard this clunk.....I didnt realise he had played his shot.
he hit a box in the trees.

I get to my ball and I see him heading through the trees back over the 18th towards the 3rd tee.
I then see a guy on the 18th fairway hitting to the 2nd green. - thats some hook, clearing the water.

Playing the 2nd and 3rd holes the guy that did the runner was on the practice area before going hpme.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby carey » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:17 pm

Played 2 person Ambrose this morning ended up with 64 and 1/4. We really didn't play that well so was surprised with that score.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:26 am

a mate of mine picked up a cheap round at the Vines from Scoopon so how could i knock it back!

hadnt played for at least 18 months before today so i knew i'd be rusty plus i bought some new drivers last year and still hadnt unearthed them so they were a bit of an unknown. hit 55 and 52 which im not too displeased about.

best part of my round was my driving and got onto a couple that travelled up and around the 270m mark AND they went straight!!!

course was good, greens ran quickly and fairways were in good nick (until i was done with them)
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:10 am

The thing that would have helped with distance on the drive is the hard fairways

they helped me at times
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:24 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The thing that would have helped with distance on the drive is the hard fairways

they helped me at times

certainly did, had some fair bounce to a few plus the downward slopes assisted with that extra bit of roll, but when you put in all the facts in doesnt seem as impressive!
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:37 am

Yes very true

but there are no pictures on the scorecard
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:38 am

Also 12 months with new clubs collecting dust is unforgivable
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:39 am

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby carey » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:53 am

Ended up with a net 66 yesterday very happy with that.
carey
Coach

Postby Big Phil » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:39 pm

Played a round with my brother yesterday, as a belated birthday present, up at Mount Compass...

Course is in pretty good nick, greens ran well and all in all, was an enjoyable round. Ben Hook was playing in the group in front of us. Can hit a long ball, Ben...

Left a few putts out there, particularly on 2 of the par 3's, but was happy with the 92 off the stick (out in 48 and in in 42)...

Getting my new set of TaylorMades' off layby next week so looking forward to getting out with the new set...
Last edited by Big Phil on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 273 times

Postby carey » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:41 pm

Played in the midweek comp this morning shot my best score ever for a 82 of the stick net 62. Very very happy with the way I played today although not looking forward to seeing my my handicap is tomorrow tho.
carey
Coach

Postby heater31 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:25 pm

carey wrote:Played in the midweek comp this morning shot my best score ever for a 82 of the stick net 62. Very very happy with the way I played today although not looking forward to seeing my my handicap is tomorrow tho.

Piss off you burglar[emoji6]
heater31

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:17 am

carey wrote:Played in the midweek comp this morning shot my best score ever for a 82 of the stick net 62. Very very happy with the way I played today although not looking forward to seeing my my handicap is tomorrow tho.

which par 3 is that on?
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby carey » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:52 am

heater31 wrote:

No Burglar here mate I'm playing off 19.6 at the moment. I think that's a fair indication of where I'm at especially, Going off my last 5-6 rounds that's about spot on. Just yesterday I was holing them 6 foot putts as opposed to 2 and sometimes even 3 putting them! My handicap on golf link hasn't updated as yet I'm hoping it doesn't come in to much.

I believe its based on your best 8 rounds? apart from the 82 yesterday my best 8 rounds read 87,88,86,89,88,89and 90. Hence why I think I should stay around the 18-19 mark....
carey
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:03 am

Well, with Friday's surprise "work from home day" turning into "sit and drink at The Palais all day" I didn't get to the course. The plan was for Monday at The Vines, Sunday's forecast for Monday put that to one side.

So I hit North Haven Sunday morning for a quick 9, and was it quick! Just over 1:10 and I was done. Had a 9 on a par 5 and finished with an even 50. Left at least 3 puts, two duffed chips and a stinker off the second tee out there.

Not the greatest course, but when I got there only 4 other cars were in the car park. Hence the 1 hour 10 minute 9 holes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:51 am

carey wrote:
heater31 wrote:

No Burglar here mate I'm playing off 19.6 at the moment. I think that's a fair indication of where I'm at especially, Going off my last 5-6 rounds that's about spot on. Just yesterday I was holing them 6 foot putts as opposed to 2 and sometimes even 3 putting them! My handicap on golf link hasn't updated as yet I'm hoping it doesn't come in to much.

I believe its based on your best 8 rounds? apart from the 82 yesterday my best 8 rounds read 87,88,86,89,88,89and 90. Hence why I think I should stay around the 18-19 mark....

best 8 of your last 20?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby heater31 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:07 am

bennymacca wrote:
carey wrote:
heater31 wrote:

best 8 of your last 20?

Correct that is how your handicap is calculated. The average of your best 8 scores from your last 20 rounds multiplied by 0.93.

Average 19.1 over the 8 scores gives you an official handicap of 17.7. With the latest rules your handicap can change depending on the daily conditions, what colour tee markers you hit off or what course you are playing at.
In my case I get an extra 2 shots for my daily handicap at my home course West Lakes if I play on a Saturday/Sunday off the blue tees. During the week off the white tees I only get 1 shot. Go to another course like Kooyonga (one of the harder rated courses in the state) I get an additional 4 shots on my daily handicap.

In Carey's case he shot 82 off the stick which depending on the scratch rating (use 70 for example) he played to a 12 handicap.
heater31

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Golf