AFL Finals - week # 3.

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Finals - week # 3.

Postby heater31 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:30 pm

carey wrote:
smac wrote:Without that late gift to Monfries, Port never start their run and it's a cruise home for Hawthorn.

Should be more discussion on Carey's accommodation arrangements!

Concrete bed and everything. Victoria police have no sense of humor

:shock: and not a red tin in sight :lol:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby carey » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:56 am

heater31 wrote:
carey wrote:
smac wrote:Without that late gift to Monfries, Port never start their run and it's a cruise home for Hawthorn.

:shock: and not a red tin in sight :lol:

Not after the 60 I took over were terminated......
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:00 am

Jim05 wrote:
carey wrote:

Maccas for brekky?

Toast :twisted:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:33 am

Port Adelaides mantra of never, ever giving up was evident on Saturday. It would have been so easy to have rolled over when down by 23 points with 15 minutes to go, but this young group simply does not give up.

The best two clubs, Hawthorn and Sydney, are set for some years at the top, many expect Fremantle and Geelong to be there or thereabouts, but perhaps not in a position to challenge next year.

Then there are a heap stuck in a holding pattern, "hopeful" of better things. Collingwood, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Richmond. All hopeful of more.

Then there is Port Adelaide and North Melbourne. Two clubs who are "coming". Many expected North to be in Ports spot last year, in a semi final and growing as a group. Close losses last year kept them out the 8. but this year they took a step forward.

So while Saturdays loss hurts, on the back of last years semi-final departure and many "experts" suggesting Port over achieved last year and wouldn't make the 8 this year we push the Hawks in a Prelim. We are coming*, we are building.

Come round 1 next year Adelaide Oval will be packed full, membership in the high 50,000's and the club in better shape than any time in the last 6 years. I can't be anything but optimistic, proud and super keen for the 2015 season. With some savvy recruiting ( we must go after Ryder with everything ) Port supporters can now expect, not hope, for a top 4 finish.

On Hawthorn, for a bloke with stumpy legs, a bit of soft belly and not a lot of pace, Sam Mitchell is an absolute gun. His ability to find time and space in traffic, win the ball, direct traffic when Hawthorn don't have the ball ( I watched him off the ball for a bit on Saturday, he marshals the Hawthorn press ) is as good as any. Ablett, Fyfe, Gray all get the plaudits this year, but on his day Mitchell is every bit the best player in the comp.

No shame in saying we had nobody to go with Roughead, he's almost impossible to have someone run with him when he goes into the middle and the star key forwards in the form he is in are hard to stop, very hard to stop.

One last thing on Port for now, Ken Hinkley. In Ken we trust.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7513 times
Been liked: 10808 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:05 am

Wearing my Yes We Ken shirt around. What a **** waste of material that was.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 531 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby MatteeG » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:52 pm

Nice post Booney.

The Mrs was shaking her head when I was screaming for us to kick one more goal with 14 mins left. I knew you'd keep coming.

I love how Hinkley coaches to win- the last 2 centre bounces if we could have won one centre clearance you were done, all the defenders were flowing through the centre.

So long as your playing group dont just expect to improve next year, you'll be right. Oh and Ryder or someone of that ilk will help massively.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:32 pm

Port are laughing. Sydney still in the box seat but how much longer can Sewell, Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Lake continue? Bloody Hodge and Mitchell. FFS retire already. While I've sledged the Hawks with their umpy blow job and the Porties are crying over spilt shots there is one main reason why Port lost.

His name is Robert Paulsen...i mean Jarrad Roughead. What a performance by the big Rough what a footballer. I reckon that Port should have done a head count...how many ******* Rougheads did the Hawks have on the field? Clutch goal needed, there's Rough. Ball up in the centre, well **** me there's Rough again. Port surging forward and is that ******* Roughie again in the backline? Best game I've ever seen him play and despite his boorish antics in the first quarter my respect for him grew enormously. Magnificent effort, Jarrod Roughead.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:35 pm

Booney wrote:Sydney - 53 points
Hawthorn - 3 points in an over time block buster after a 103 point a piece draw.

X_X
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7513 times
Been liked: 10808 times

Postby valleys07 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:29 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Port are laughing. Sydney still in the box seat but how much longer can Sewell, Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Lake continue? Bloody Hodge and Mitchell. FFS retire already. While I've sledged the Hawks with their umpy blow job and the Porties are crying over spilt shots there is one main reason why Port lost.

His name is Robert Paulsen...i mean Jarrad Roughead. What a performance by the big Rough what a footballer. I reckon that Port should have done a head count...how many ******* Rougheads did the Hawks have on the field? Clutch goal needed, there's Rough. Ball up in the centre, well **** me there's Rough again. Port surging forward and is that ******* Roughie again in the backline? Best game I've ever seen him play and despite his boorish antics in the first quarter my respect for him grew enormously. Magnificent effort, Jarrod Roughead.

regards,

REB

Yep good call.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL