SAAFL Division 3 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 3 grand final?

Athelstone
8%
Kilburn
23%
Mitcham
10%
Modbury
12%
Old Ignatians
6%
Pembroke
3%
Plympton
12%
Salisbury
3%
Seaton
11%
Unley Mercedes Jets
12%

Total votes : 113

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Postby BurraBoys » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:34 am

@jetters EAD
Wise man say forgivness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza
BurraBoys
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby carey » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:08 am

Bad luck Jetters.

Maybe the karma bus ran your ass over for talking so much shit about every other club and not worrying about your own back yard. But hey I'm sure you'll go rape another clubs junior system and steal as many of there players as you can again.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby BigB » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:00 am

Carey.. what are you on about? That would be the dumbest and less accurate statement I have read on this blog all year. With our own juniors oversubscribed because people want their kids to play at Unley, tell me how we can go on the "raping" spree as you suggest. And I can guarantee all we talk about is how to make our club a better one - unlike some.

As for the game - we packaged up a premiership, tied a ribbon on it and handed it to The Hawks. If they had a sniff going into the last quarter they were always going to be hard to beat and after a third quarter of dominance by The Jets not enough to get them in front the Hawks found enough to hang on. A 2 goal 6 point last quarter summed up the match.

We're all pretty dissapointed but the party last night was in full swing - half of these lads have been playing together since they were juniors or gone to school with each other. They may not have the silverware this year but they are winners on so many other more important levels.

Our dissapointment is nothing compared to the troubles some people are facing in less fortunate parts of the world.
BigB

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Cohiba » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:02 pm

BigB wrote:Carey.. what are you on about? That would be the dumbest and less accurate statement I have read on this blog all year. With our own juniors oversubscribed because people want their kids to play at Unley, tell me how we can go on the "raping" spree as you suggest. And I can guarantee all we talk about is how to make our club a better one - unlike some.

As for the game - we packaged up a premiership, tied a ribbon on it and handed it to The Hawks. If they had a sniff going into the last quarter they were always going to be hard to beat and after a third quarter of dominance by The Jets not enough to get them in front the Hawks found enough to hang on. A 2 goal 6 point last quarter summed up the match.

We're all pretty dissapointed but the party last night was in full swing - half of these lads have been playing together since they were juniors or gone to school with each other. They may not have the silverware this year but they are winners on so many other more important levels.

Our dissapointment is nothing compared to the troubles some people are facing in less fortunate parts of the world.

Liked your post.....Carey I am guessing was giving Jetters a "smack" but I agree that his comment about Unley "raping" other clubs to bolster your junior ranks was unnecessarily judgemental....unless he can of course show some specific proof to the contrary. Perhaps you could ask him.....
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Jetters » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:49 pm

Well we ballsed that up, wasnt good enough when it mattered most. But overall a fantastic year from our boys. Very proud Jet.

Congrats to modbury, very consistent side all year and made most of their chances when it counted.

Must be tough to see a club on the up and busting its arse to improve when you run the most heinous outfit in the saafl.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times

Postby carey » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Cohiba is spot on. I PM'd BigB straight away.
carey
Coach

Postby Jetters » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:02 pm

Carey, how would you respond to being the most heinous club in the saafl, or is it uncontestable??

We were beaten by a better side on the day and we feel shit about it.

But you behave like ferrals that no one wants to play against because they fear cowardly violence or umpire because they fear abuse and grotesque bullshit. . <edited: Uncalled for>
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times

Postby Demon Juke » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:08 pm

Jetters wrote:Carey, how would you respond to being the most heinous club in the saafl, or is it uncontestable??

But you behave like ferrals that no one wants to play against because they fear cowardly violence or umpire because they fear abuse and grotesque bullshit. Youre a joke and youre in charge. <edited: Uncalled for>

maybe get your facts right before you shoot your mouth off, carey is only a player and not the coach this year.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:33 pm

Jetters continues to act like a 5 year old! You mouthed off all last week and now you can't take a bit of banter!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3015 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby the joker » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:46 pm

In the last 20 minutes of the game, the way a group of about ten modbury supporters was a disgrace. Throwing full cans of beer over the players race towards unley supporters.
The main culprit was a bloke with a dirty mustache and small dreads.
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby carey » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:03 pm

Jetters wrote:Carey, how would you respond to being the most heinous club in the saafl, or is it uncontestable??

But you behave like ferrals that no one wants to play against because they fear cowardly violence or umpire because they fear abuse and grotesque bullshit. . <edited: Uncalled for>

Poor Jetters are you ok? I'm a joke hey #potkettleblack

I see losing a GF hasn't stopped you shooting your big mouth off!
carey
Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:21 pm

bad kicking for goal cost you when it counted.

At least you can say that the club is now a Div 2 club compared to some others which are still stuck in div 6.

The way the juniors are coming through the club is helping to make them good senior players, I reckon there would have been a good handful of players that played in the GF that would have been in the under 16s team I coached in 2010.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Pag » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:33 am

the joker wrote:In the last 20 minutes of the game, the way a group of about ten modbury supporters was a disgrace. Throwing full cans of beer over the players race towards unley supporters.

Yeah he carried on like a twat that bloke, think he played in the twos so had been on the gas for a while i would think.

I did also hear an Unley supporter say that all the Modbury supporters were dole bludgers, which gave me a bit of a chuckle. Clearly never left the inner-eastern and southern suburbs, the TTG council area is as middle-class as you can get.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:41 pm

Pag wrote:
the joker wrote:In the last 20 minutes of the game, the way a group of about ten modbury supporters was a disgrace. Throwing full cans of beer over the players race towards unley supporters.

Yeah he carried on like a twat that bloke, think he played in the twos so had been on the gas for a while i would think.

I did also hear an Unley supporter say that all the Modbury supporters were dole bludgers, which gave me a bit of a chuckle. Clearly never left the inner-eastern and southern suburbs, the TTG council area is as middle-class as you can get.

I used to love the stereotypes the Unley supporters used to hurl at me leaving there ground while playing for a northern suburbs club, I wasn't rich but had a brand new car and lived beachfront at Largs Bay, not in the semi-detached that they had me penciled in as. I LOL'd.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:48 pm

In my experience some Unley Jets supporters are just as feral as those Northerners they are trying to hang shit on.

Never got projectiles thrown at me walking off a ground anywhere but Kingswood Oval....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby smac » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:32 pm

Maybe their aim is better?
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:32 pm

heater31 wrote:In my experience some Unley Jets supporters are just as feral as those Northerners they are trying to hang shit on.

Never got projectiles thrown at me walking off a ground anywhere but Kingswood Oval....

There's good and bad at every club. I don't judge nor do I let them hurt my feeling!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Pag » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 pm

Both Unley and Modbury are well run-clubs, and I've never had any issues with either, i just couldn't help but laugh at the comment.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:09 pm

A serious question to Jetters if I may;

Doods has done a ripping job whilst he's been at the club - is he staying on ?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Bulls forever » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Was away from this action, but the way I heard it was the opposite. So there you have it, two different stories. No arrests, no one thrown out, lots of security on, perhaps it was all a beat up.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League