Postby RustyCage » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:03 pm

Can't play one quarter and expect to win
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Re: Live scores

Postby Tech1 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:53 pm

Well done to Norwood, have played some really good footy in both games so far, quite entertaining games and good quality footy in all the games so far, really surprised less then 15,000 rocked up today, not a great lift compared to last week, take out the Eagles and add Port, Norwood would've gained supporters if anything after last week ditto South, perfect day for footy. Would be interested to know if the Port/Norwood crowd was close to 50/50, thought they should've got 20,000 today.
Tech1
Rookie

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:56 pm

Tech1 wrote:Well done to Norwood, have played some really good footy in both games so far, quite entertaining games and good quality footy in all the games so far, really surprised less then 15,000 rocked up today, not a great lift compared to last week, take out the Eagles and add Port, Norwood would've gained supporters if anything after last week ditto South, perfect day for footy. Would be interested to know if the Port/Norwood crowd was close to 50/50, thought they should've got 20,000 today.

Never going to get 20,000 when you go head to head with country footy finals and ammos. Also had a big crowd at the show today. Was surprised the crowd was that big, thought maybe 12-13k tops. Reckon the crowd was 60/40 our way
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby SDK » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:08 pm

Did not seem to be much noise for Port Reserves apart from the booing so just goes to show Power ( and Crows ) supporters are not real keen on supporting their reserves teams.
Very proud of Norwood for hanging in there and coming back for a gutsy win.
Go Panthers next week to make it a real GF.
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

Postby Douglas Mawson » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:28 pm

That was fun! After a scare in the third term. I'll be there next week on the Go Panthers bandwagon!!
Douglas Mawson
Rookie

Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:49 pm

As much as I hate to say it, you have to hand it to Ben Warren and the Norwood hierarchy. I hate Norwood, Port and the rest of the clubs bar my own, but geezus. He's taken over a team that's gone top 2 years in a row, lost a heap of players, had the competition change completely and still made a GF in his first year as a coach. That's just phenomenal.

I really hope South win the whole thing but only because it's their 50th year of no-flags. Other than that, I'd love to see Warren win it and that's with no love or hate of the bloke, just out of admiration for what he's been able to achieve after they started so badly.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby prowling panther » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:57 pm

gadj1976 wrote:As much as I hate to say it, you have to hand it to Ben Warren and the Norwood hierarchy. I hate Norwood, Port and the rest of the clubs bar my own, but geezus. He's taken over a team that's gone top 2 years in a row, lost a heap of players, had the competition change completely and still made a GF in his first year as a coach. That's just phenomenal.

I really hope South win the whole thing but only because it's their 50th year of no-flags. Other than that, I'd love to see Warren win it and that's with no love or hate of the bloke, just out of admiration for what he's been able to achieve after they started so badly.

Ben Warren is a really good bloke, I just wonder how he is going to feel after South win the flag this 2014 season. I am hoping Ben feels the same way lots of South supporters felt after he helped Norwood win a flag at Norwood
I wish my remembering was as good as my forgetting
prowling panther
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby dedja » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:58 pm

arrogance from a South supporter ... I like it! :lol:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby leggies » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:07 am

We got the job done, haven't been this proud of my team before. Unbelievable. South... Your turn to enjoy a win like that too! Smash em please! I'll be there next week supporting you
leggies
Under 16s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Grahaml » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:14 am

dedja wrote:arrogance from a South supporter ... I like it! :lol:

By gum it's been a while.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby topsywaldron » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:14 am

RustyCage wrote:Can't play one quarter and expect to win

Can't play players who aren't up to league standard because Ken and KT want it and win you mean.

Got some good pressured finals situation time into development players though. Buddha will be a happy man tonight.

A win for the One Club overall.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby JK » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:12 am

prowling panther wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:As much as I hate to say it, you have to hand it to Ben Warren and the Norwood hierarchy. I hate Norwood, Port and the rest of the clubs bar my own, but geezus. He's taken over a team that's gone top 2 years in a row, lost a heap of players, had the competition change completely and still made a GF in his first year as a coach. That's just phenomenal.

Ben Warren is a really good bloke, I just wonder how he is going to feel after South win the flag this 2014 season. I am hoping Ben feels the same way lots of South supporters felt after he helped Norwood win a flag at Norwood

2 flags mate
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby JK » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:14 am

topsywaldron wrote:
RustyCage wrote:Can't play one quarter and expect to win

Can't play players who aren't up to league standard because Ken and KT want it and win you mean.

Got some good pressured finals situation time into development players though. Buddha will be a happy man tonight.

A win for the One Club overall.

Best result for Port as a club .. After they roll the Tiges tomorrow they'll keep their undergrads in touch with footy, along with their A Grade. South obviously wont be an easy assignment though.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:37 am

dedja wrote:Faark off scum.

So eloquently articulated :lol:

Just hope the Panfers can replicate next weekend.

CMON PANFERS .
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby topsywaldron » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:13 pm

What was last year's corresponding crowd figure?

Would have thought they'd be bitterly disappointed with last night's figure given the weather, Port's involvement and Adelaide 'ooh shiny new ground' Oval.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby grant j » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:24 pm

topsywaldron wrote:What was last year's corresponding crowd figure?

Would have thought they'd be bitterly disappointed with last night's figure given the weather, Port's involvement and Adelaide 'ooh shiny new ground' Oval.

grant j
Reserves

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:29 pm

grant j wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:What was last year's corresponding crowd figure?

But this year you had Norwood, Port and Sturt who are traditionally the bigger drawing teams plus the South army.
Last year had only Norwood and North to pull a crowd as the Eagles and West usually only attract a handfull of supporters each.
Reckon the SANFL would of expected 15-20k yesterday but they didnt take into account the country and ammos
Jim05
Coach

Postby topsywaldron » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:37 pm

South army. :D

Crowd would have been bigger also if it was the traditional Magpies playing IMHO.

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:44 pm

topsywaldron wrote:South army. :D

Crowd would have been bigger also if it was the traditional Magpies playing IMHO.

Thought you would like that Topsy.
South do seem to be the Darlings of the comp at the moment and are starting to gather a few fans. Reckon they outnumbered the Sturt fans yesterday
Jim05
Coach

Postby RB » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:52 pm

South have seven sets of supporters behind them now.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL