Postby marbles » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:55 pm

oh my god.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Postby X Runna » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:24 pm

i hope this week u realise that once a player plays in the higher div, throughout the major round, he is no by permitted to return back to the lower division

meaning once you play A's in the finals, by no way can you return to the bgrade

Incorrect
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby marbles » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:35 pm

blah - care factor

heard a rumour rosewater are playing 100 goal kicker williams in both the reserves and the agrade this week

but thats ok, theyre a bit short on numbers, so its fine
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby panthers » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:56 pm

marbles wrote:
panthers wrote:
marbles wrote:why is there no mention of a club putting its agrade players in the agrade as well as the bgrade on the same day just to help its bgrade to get the win

is completely unfair - to me its blatant cheating

"oh we'll just play jay shultz in the port reserves too, just so our SANFL team can have a win too, he can play 2 games this week"

Well Marbles its well documented that our under 18s stuffed up, about 4 weeks into the season we had 12 players not getting a run, since then it has been all down hill, long term injury's, people moving interstate and some just not wanting to play against "C" grade Superstars. Last Saturday we had 44 available players to fill 2 teams, it has been that way for quite a while.
At least we have only had players fill in, in the B Grade due to a shortage of people. And at 56 I would have played if needed but unfortunately I didn't play 4 games this year to qualify.
Changing the subject, thanks to the Houghton blokes - scores didn't reflect the game and always good to have a beer with ya's after the game.

yeah u gotta do what u gotta do

but when you see a player who has played 14 agrade games and kicked 40 goals playing in the last 4 bgrade matches as well as the agrade matches something becomes a little bit disturbing to me

i hope this week u realise that once a player plays in the higher div, throughout the major round, he is no by permitted to return back to the lower division

so the 3 agraders that played bgrade last week are no chance to play flinders park in the bgrade this week, and looks like you only got 19 players to choose from now

As I understand it that is correct, and if we only have 19 so be it, actually we may have 20, nope sorry the bloke I was thinking of is unavailable, had his fathers funeral last week. Try to deflect all you like about your D Grade the fact remains they would be a better side than your C Grade.
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:09 am

marbles wrote:
panthers wrote:
marbles wrote:why is there no mention of a club putting its agrade players in the agrade as well as the bgrade on the same day just to help its bgrade to get the win

is completely unfair - to me its blatant cheating

"oh we'll just play jay shultz in the port reserves too, just so our SANFL team can have a win too, he can play 2 games this week"

Well Marbles its well documented that our under 18s stuffed up, about 4 weeks into the season we had 12 players not getting a run, since then it has been all down hill, long term injury's, people moving interstate and some just not wanting to play against "C" grade Superstars. Last Saturday we had 44 available players to fill 2 teams, it has been that way for quite a while.
At least we have only had players fill in, in the B Grade due to a shortage of people. And at 56 I would have played if needed but unfortunately I didn't play 4 games this year to qualify.
Changing the subject, thanks to the Houghton blokes - scores didn't reflect the game and always good to have a beer with ya's after the game.

yeah u gotta do what u gotta do

but when you see a player who has played 14 agrade games and kicked 40 goals playing in the last 4 bgrade matches as well as the agrade matches something becomes a little bit disturbing to me

so the 3 agraders that played bgrade last week are no chance to play flinders park in the bgrade this week, and looks like you only got 19 players to choose from now

It's pretty obvious that the player that concerns you spent minimal time on the field in the A's as he only kicked one goal and is purely a forward line player.
You could be the newest caped cruisader "Captain Ammo".
It could be worse, they could play their better players in the lower grade.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby old farmer » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:18 pm

marbles wrote:blah - care factor

heard a rumour rosewater are playing 100 goal kicker williams in both the reserves and the agrade this week

but thats ok, theyre a bit short on numbers, so its fine

Are you serious? Why would you risk guys in your B Grade and the chance for them to get injured or not be at peak fitness for A grade if you didn't have to.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Freaky Tah » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:17 pm

let me start by saying im not a North Pinnes player, I know Ricky and a few guys that play at North Pines and they are well respected hardworking blokes who love to play footy on the weekend to socialize and keep fit, for Ricky to pull the team off on the 4th quarter things must have been pretty serious, i think with previous clubs like Kaurna Eagles and Glandore it seems to me North Pines has unfortunately been labeled as thugs because of previous indiscretions involving indigenous players which North Pines is predominately made up of, with some of the comments from "Q" one would think he feared for his life out on the field Saturday :evil: :roll: from the outside looking in and reading the previous comments it was more to do with the quality of umpiring or lack there of and seems its a repeat offender judging by previous comments, if an umpire is so one sided and continually holds grudges he/she SHOULD NOT BE UMPIRING, Definition of umpire in English: Umpire; noun "an official who watches a game or match closely to enforce the rules and arbitrate on matters arising from the play" so that means what happened 9 games ago stays at 9 games ago not retaliated upon when one next umpires them. I've seen and been apart of some very very ordinary umpiring in the APFL over the last 6-7 years but when its to do with finals i believe neutral umpires should be used to stamp out favoritism and grudges, and by neutral i mean league hopping!! for example Riverland Independant umpire the RFL and vice versa, BL&G umpire APFL finals and vice verser, SAAFL umpires to maybe swap with SFL or Hills Central umpires, this may never happen its just a suggestion but it would put an end to favoritism and one sided finals oh and umpires that hold grudges but that would have also meant Uni would have had mad Monday yesterday :lol:
When it comes to winning you need the skill and the will
Freaky Tah
Under 16s

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Loxton

Postby morell » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:35 pm

DO IT DO IT wrote:I have read a lot of comment over the last 6 months of the current state and future direction of div 7. C Grade only divs and bad behaviour etc, etc. Whilst it's nice for marbles to speak on SHOC's behalf they are often not aligned with our own opinions.
Firstly we are a long way away from having a D grade for next season so you should not be including us in your C grade super league calculations. As C1 or C2 seems to be our C grades destination next year. We could hardly fill a C grade this year.
Secondly it has nothing to do with the A graders v C graders debate that you put forward that we are struggling for numbers. We have won flags and been competitive in its current state and SHOC's do love the challenge of playing A grade sides. Yes we might retain of few more players if we were in an easier div. But it has more to do with the increase of the opposition dick head factor that has seen a decline in player numbers for SHOCs. We have a lot of blokes these days living the dream overseas or working interstate. More than before and we can't help that. But the dickhead factor has effected the interest in the train once a week, young family man and full time job player that cannot be bothered playing anymore that we could rely on in the past.
We can cop the floggings from Mitchell Park, Ingle Farm, Hougton, Smithfield 2014 as they play the game in the right spirits and respect the word amateur. We have given them out and now we are on the receiving end but that's ok. I have had beers after the game with all these clubs after some beltings and the blokes have been great. It has been the flogs from other clubs that has made our experience in div 7 disappointing and there total lack of any understanding of the word AMATEUR.
Some of the things that have happened in Div 7 over the last 2 years have been appalling for amateur football. Get rid of this and div 7 in its current state is fine. The quicker clubs stop making excuses and address their issues the better things will be for everyone. Look at Smithfield for example and you can see what can be done.

Post of the year nominee right here.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Q. » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:47 pm

^^^ I don't play for uni.

My comments came because I witnessed first hand North Pines players belting blokes of the ball. It's also not an isolated incident, if you bother to listen to what other clubs have to say about them this year. That same game, their players constantly argued and abused the umps... So you can see why I'm not surprised that a higher division umpire didn't put up with any of that shit.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby bickle » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:23 pm

X Runna wrote:

Incorrect

to my knowledge if both grades play on the same weekend, yeah he can play.
once you play in a losing A grade final you cant go back the following week to play B's.
if thats worth anything.
bickle
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby The Informer » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:33 pm

bickle wrote:
X Runna wrote:

Incorrect

to my knowledge if both grades play on the same weekend, yeah he can play.
once you play in a losing A grade final you cant go back the following week to play B's.
if thats worth anything.

Yes you can if you have played the majority of you games in the season in the B grade.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby Hefty » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:08 pm

Freaky Tah wrote:let me start by saying im not a North Pinnes player, I know Ricky and a few guys that play at North Pines and they are well respected hardworking blokes who love to play footy on the weekend to socialize and keep fit, for Ricky to pull the team off on the 4th quarter things must have been pretty serious, i think with previous clubs like Kaurna Eagles and Glandore it seems to me North Pines has unfortunately been labeled as thugs because of previous indiscretions involving indigenous players which North Pines is predominately made up of, with some of the comments from "Q" one would think he feared for his life out on the field Saturday :evil: :roll: from the outside looking in and reading the previous comments it was more to do with the quality of umpiring or lack there of and seems its a repeat offender judging by previous comments, if an umpire is so one sided and continually holds grudges he/she SHOULD NOT BE UMPIRING, Definition of umpire in English: Umpire; noun "an official who watches a game or match closely to enforce the rules and arbitrate on matters arising from the play" so that means what happened 9 games ago stays at 9 games ago not retaliated upon when one next umpires them. I've seen and been apart of some very very ordinary umpiring in the APFL over the last 6-7 years but when its to do with finals i believe neutral umpires should be used to stamp out favoritism and grudges, and by neutral i mean league hopping!! for example Riverland Independant umpire the RFL and vice versa, BL&G umpire APFL finals and vice verser, SAAFL umpires to maybe swap with SFL or Hills Central umpires, this may never happen its just a suggestion but it would put an end to favoritism and one sided finals oh and umpires that hold grudges but that would have also meant Uni would have had mad Monday yesterday :lol:

We've all been on the end of bias umpiring, especially in the lower grades with club umpries. I played in a final against Uni four years ago with said umpire and he was blatanlty favouring the Uni side but not once did either our captain or coach contemplate pulling our side off* the park.
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby tomo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:01 pm

Hefty wrote:
Freaky Tah wrote:let me start by saying im not a North Pinnes player, I know Ricky and a few guys that play at North Pines and they are well respected hardworking blokes who love to play footy on the weekend to socialize and keep fit, for Ricky to pull the team off on the 4th quarter things must have been pretty serious, i think with previous clubs like Kaurna Eagles and Glandore it seems to me North Pines has unfortunately been labeled as thugs because of previous indiscretions involving indigenous players which North Pines is predominately made up of, with some of the comments from "Q" one would think he feared for his life out on the field Saturday :evil: :roll: from the outside looking in and reading the previous comments it was more to do with the quality of umpiring or lack there of and seems its a repeat offender judging by previous comments, if an umpire is so one sided and continually holds grudges he/she SHOULD NOT BE UMPIRING, Definition of umpire in English: Umpire; noun "an official who watches a game or match closely to enforce the rules and arbitrate on matters arising from the play" so that means what happened 9 games ago stays at 9 games ago not retaliated upon when one next umpires them. I've seen and been apart of some very very ordinary umpiring in the APFL over the last 6-7 years but when its to do with finals i believe neutral umpires should be used to stamp out favoritism and grudges, and by neutral i mean league hopping!! for example Riverland Independant umpire the RFL and vice versa, BL&G umpire APFL finals and vice verser, SAAFL umpires to maybe swap with SFL or Hills Central umpires, this may never happen its just a suggestion but it would put an end to favoritism and one sided finals oh and umpires that hold grudges but that would have also meant Uni would have had mad Monday yesterday :lol:

We've all been on the end of bias umpiring, especially in the lower grades with club umpries. I played in a final against Uni four years ago with said umpire and he was blatanlty favouring the Uni side but not once did either our captain or coach contemplate pulling our side off* the park.

Bet you they wouldnt have walked off if they were winning!!!
tomo
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby jo172 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Only situation I could ever envision being supportive of a walk off is where a game had gotten so dangerous that player, umpire and/or spectator safety became an overwhelming concern.

I can't accept that even the worst, most blameworthy, biggest cheats of umpires in the game (which I have no reason to believe the Umpires on Saturday were) excuses walking off a football field.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby zedman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:40 am

congratulations to Q on his win..fantastic club man for the HDFC and an excellent player..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Q. » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:58 am

Thanks Zed. Sorry to ruin your Taylor bet ;)
Q.
Coach

Been liked: 2396 times

Postby zedman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:24 pm

Q. wrote:Thanks Zed. Sorry to ruin your Taylor bet ;)

7 Res
Muecke Tom Adelaide University 14
Burgess Tom Houghton Districts 12
Chiswell Scott Flinders Park 12

the coach nearly gave you the double..well done tomo!
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby tomo » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:51 pm

zedman wrote:

7 Res

Thanks Zedman I should have played some last Quarters!!!!
tomo
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby Bluedemon » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:55 pm

tomo wrote:
zedman wrote:

7 Res

Thanks Zedman I should have played some last Quarters!!!!

all the best for Saturday tomo and Q, hope you guys get the win and play in the Grand Final
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby Q. » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:06 pm

32 game suspension :shock:

Q.
Coach