Hogg Division IV 2014

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Hogg Division IV 2014

Postby zedman » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:59 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Semi Finals Results

ZedForce 2487
Adelaide Crows 2430

Daisys Duds 2315
Wigg Brothers 2187

ZedForce carded a sensational victory against the high scoring Adelaide Crows combination that sent the top scorer in the Hogg spiraling out of the finals. It was a typically high standard match and RKJ was the unlucky coach who ended up on the losing side. In the other Semi Daisys Duds got the job done against the Wigg Brothers who copped the brunt of the SuperCoach carnage as they recorded a much lower score than they normally do.

These results mean that ZedForce and Daisys Duds have earnt automatic promotion into Hogg Division III next season which is quite an achievement given the high standard of the premiership contenders in this league. All is not lost for the Crows or Wiggy though as their high scoring ways will have them in line for promotion to higher grades...unless not one Hogg coach drops out of Premier, Divvy I,II and III.

The winners of next week's Preliminary Final will represent Division IV in the 2015 Hogg Champions League. Daisy faces the might of league leader Duromine Dependent in what will be a massive challenge for the Duds. The other Prelim sees ZedForce up against The Willies and I'm sure brod will be worried about the sheer scoring power of Zed.

There are players going down like ninepins but it if all sides play to form I'd expect Duromine Dependent and ZedForce to win through to the Grand Final but you wouldn't want to have too many of Steve Johnson, Dane Beams, Josh Kennedy, Nat Ffye or Brent Harvey in your team.

regards,

REB

Duromine Dep will absolutely smash me this week,.

not confident over here either,..the carnage has hit me hard..be lucky to have 20 on the deck playing..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:28 pm

amazingly i enter sunday with a good chance of knocking off the great Duro Dep, 50/50 at this point
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:55 pm

daysofourlives wrote:amazingly i enter sunday with a good chance of knocking off the great Duro Dep, 50/50 at this point

went down by about 22 i think, Hanley getting Crowleyed killed me
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby PPLions » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:58 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:amazingly i enter sunday with a good chance of knocking off the great Duro Dep, 50/50 at this point

went down by about 22 i think, Hanley getting Crowleyed killed me

It was a great game mate
I thought you had me
Well played
PPLions
Under 18s

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: West Augusta

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:24 am

Preliminary Finals Results

Duromine Dependent 2466
Daisy's Duds 2444

The Willies 2402
ZedForce 2147

Due to week two of the SuperCoach Carnage Craptactular, plenty of the favoured sides fell down in a heap in the Preliminary Finals of other grades. On 'paper', this would have been a league in which you could have expected the top two sides to falter given the quality of the challengers. But that didn't happen as Duromine Dependent and The Willies won their way through to a massive Grand Final next week.

Of the four prelim teams in Divvy IV the mighty ZedForce appeared to be the most hobbled by the known and late outs. Zed had to weaken his forward line to cover Fyfe and Beams and when Dusty was a late out as well it was season over. The other three sides in the prelim all scored 2400 which makes you think they all had at least one trade going into Preliminary Final weekend.

The Duds put up a massive fight and nearly cleaned up the league leaders Duromine but the Duds had too many outs in Cloke, Beams and Ward to get the job done but an excellent effort all the same. So it's all four up to Division III with The Willies and Duromine into the Champions League next season.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby brod » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:48 am

Happy with the end result...and the total was a bit a pleasant surprise with donuts for Kennedy and Martin after having to trade for Fyfe and Beams
brod
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:51 am

brod wrote:Happy with the end result...and the total was a bit a pleasant surprise with donuts for Kennedy and Martin after having to trade for Fyfe and Beams

I just looked at the seedings spread sheet. You were the lowest scoring team in 2013 from Division IV this season. :shock: Have you borrowed Steven Dank from Duromine Dependent? :D

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby zedman » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Preliminary Finals Results

Duromine Dependent 2466
Daisy's Duds 2444

The Willies 2402
ZedForce 2147

Due to week two of the SuperCoach Carnage Craptactular, plenty of the favoured sides fell down in a heap in the Preliminary Finals of other grades. On 'paper', this would have been a league in which you could have expected the top two sides to falter given the quality of the challengers. But that didn't happen as Duromine Dependent and The Willies won their way through to a massive Grand Final next week.

Of the four prelim teams in Divvy IV the mighty ZedForce appeared to be the most hobbled by the known and late outs. Zed had to weaken his forward line to cover Fyfe and Beams and when Dusty was a late out as well it was season over. The other three sides in the prelim all scored 2400 which makes you think they all had at least one trade going into Preliminary Final weekend.

The Duds put up a massive fight and nearly cleaned up the league leaders Duromine but the Duds had too many outs in Cloke, Beams and Ward to get the job done but an excellent effort all the same. So it's all four up to Division III with The Willies and Duromine into the Champions League next season.

regards,

REB

used my last 2 trades taking adelaide crows down and didnt expect the utter carnage that occurred this week..always knew my lack of emergencies might hurt me but not to the level it would..master stroked gray with the captaincy which gave me a glimmer of hope but once crowley went to hanley and not rocky(willies captain) and he duly salutes with a 170 it was the nail in the coffin..well played to the willies..enjoyed the year a lot..bigger and better in 2015!
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy