PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby bennymacca » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:30 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Exactly. So...I wonder how their opponents will feel about it.

Remember, Uni already cops flak from other SAAFL clubs for not producing juniors and skiving off the rest of the competition - not my thoughts, by the way. However, I've read and heard it plenty of times over the years.

Not sure how a uni team could possibly have juniors, but I guess that is beside the point.

In fact if the crows were going to align with anyone in the ammos it probably makes sense that it is with uni, for that reason.

How the other ammos clubs feel about it? Interested to see. Would it mean they will always play div 1?
Last edited by bennymacca on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby bennymacca » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:34 am

Dutchy wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Attendances are UP. Ignore any facts you like but they are.

By letting in people for free, a fact you ignore.

Memberships are down and they are a clubs lifeblood. Will the Crows care when a couple of clubs fold because of their entry in the next couple of years?

The SANFL are not in the position to bail any clubs out.

Writing is on the wall and the financial reporting period later in the year will be fascinating.

I haven't ignored that fact at all. But I also think that whether or not a centrals supporter becomes a member has little to do with the crows entering the competition.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby heater31 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:36 am

bennymacca wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Memberships are down and they are a clubs lifeblood. Will the Crows care when a couple of clubs fold because of their entry in the next couple of years?

Writing is on the wall and the financial reporting period later in the year will be fascinating.

I haven't ignored that fact at all. But I also think that whether or not a centrals supporter becomes a member has little to do with the crows entering the competition.

But why would a Centrals supporter buy a membership to the CDFC when they can purchase an AFL club membership and get in for nothing?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:41 am

heater31 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

But why would a Centrals supporter buy a membership to the CDFC when they can purchase an AFL club membership and get in for nothing?

2 games a year?

Can't get into any game, just the Adelaide ones.

And I would contend that I would not have gone to the centrals crows game this year had I not had a free ticket. Say what you will about that but it was probably true. But I am not the sort of person that would have bought a centrals membership. Few would have both I would think. Good on you if you do

I did make up for it in super dry cans though :)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:41 am

bennymacca wrote:So crowds are down for a centrals west Adelaide game because of the crows and port Adelaide, and in no way related to the fact that they both suck this year.

Makes sense.

And here I was thinking we've performed quite admirably in the last few months.

But no we suck apparently.

Yes, I personally know many Central fans (long time fans, who before the mid-90's were very used to losing so don't use that claim) who stopped attending exactly because of the reserves issue.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:43 am

bennymacca wrote: I also think that whether or not a centrals supporter becomes a member has little to do with the crows entering the competition.

Throw a metaphorical stone on This August Forum and you could hit any number of posters who have not taken membership of their SANFL club because of the admission of garbage teams into the competition. Not little to do with it, but everything to do with it.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Pseudo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:48 am

bennymacca wrote:And I would contend that I would not have gone to the centrals crows game this year had I not had a free ticket.

And there it is in the proverbial nutshell, folks. The SANFL has sacrificed attendance and membership from dyed in the wool long term fans who would put their money behind their convictions, only to attract bludging freeloaders like our compatriot beenymacca here. Let them abuse first-order statistical measures as much as they like; nobody is being fooled.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby tipper » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:55 am

Pseudo wrote:
bennymacca wrote:And I would contend that I would not have gone to the centrals crows game this year had I not had a free ticket.

And there it is in the proverbial nutshell, folks. The SANFL has sacrificed attendance and membership from dyed in the wool long term fans who would put their money behind their convictions, only to attract bludging freeloaders like our compatriot beenymacca here. Let them abuse first-order statistical measures as much as they like; nobody is being fooled.

not sure i would have used the same terms, but i completely agree. they have driven away rusted on supporters in the interest of chasing some casual fans who might turn up once or twice a year........
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Rising Power » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:57 am

bennymacca wrote:

Remember, Uni already cops flak from other SAAFL clubs for not producing juniors and skiving off the rest of the competition - not my thoughts, by the way. However, I've read and heard it plenty of times over the years.

Not sure how a uni team could possibly have juniors, but I guess that is beside the point.

In fact if the crows were going to align with anyone in the ammos it probably makes sense that it is with uni, for that reason.

How the other ammos clubs feel about it? Interested to see. Would it mean they will always play div 1?

Seems they've always been in Div 1 anyway, although I think they might have dipped down to Div 2 for a season a few years ago then got promoted again. I would think the normal relegation/promotion rules would apply. If they're constantly having their best players pulled up into the SANFL it couldn't be good for team stability so they may well fall down the ladder and in to Div 2. The only argument against that is they may have an influx of new, good players (more than they normally get through lower fees, central location, etc) attracted by the prospect of playing SANFL.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby bennymacca » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:00 am

Pseudo wrote:
bennymacca wrote: I also think that whether or not a centrals supporter becomes a member has little to do with the crows entering the competition.

Throw a metaphorical stone on This August Forum and you could hit any number of posters who have not taken membership of their SANFL club because of the admission of garbage teams into the competition. Not little to do with it, but everything to do with it.

As I said, you can't be that "died in the wool" if you chuck a tantrum and leave when something doesn't go your way.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby heater31 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:00 am

bennymacca wrote:
heater31 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Dutchy wrote:[quote="bennymacca"]

2 games a year?

And I would contend that I would not have gone to the centrals crows game this year had I not had a free ticket. Say what you will about that but it was probably true. But I am not the sort of person that would have bought a centrals membership. Few would have both I would think. Good on you if you do

I did make up for it in super dry cans though :)[/quote]

Who said they would only attend Centrals games? Fairly certain the the Ravens play every week and therefore the original SANFL club misses out on a membership or match day gate takings because this person uses their AFL membership each week for AFL games or SANFL...
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby areaman » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:01 am

bennymacca wrote:This is a good post, and I agree with you to a certain extent. But I still don't quite know why the crows entering the comp stops you from attending the eagles presentation night.

If it does it may say more about you than the crows.

My club's administration's regrettable role in supporting this debacle is a significant factor.

I would feel different towards the club and administration if they had taken the choice made by South and Centrals.
areaman
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:03 am

bennymacca wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

As I said, you can't be that "died in the wool" if you chuck a tantrum and leave when something doesn't go your way.

chucking a tantrum you call it, others call it principles and clearly on this issue you have none
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:03 am

heater31 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
heater31 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:[quote="Dutchy"][quote="bennymacca"]

2 games a year?

I did make up for it in super dry cans though :)[/quote]

Who said they would only attend Centrals games? Fairly certain the the Ravens play every week and therefore the original SANFL club misses out on a membership or match day gate takings because this person uses their AFL membership each week for AFL games or SANFL...[/quote]

These are different markets imo. Casual sanfl fans might take this option for sure but I doubt they would have bought an sanfl membership.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:04 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

chucking a tantrum you call it, others call it principles and clearly on this issue you have none

Just because I differ in opinion doesn't mean I do to have principles. But all good, I'm not losing sleep over it
bennymacca
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:07 am

Rising Power wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Seems they've always been in Div 1 anyway, although I think they might have dipped down to Div 2 for a season a few years ago then got promoted again. I would think the normal relegation/promotion rules would apply. If they're constantly having their best players pulled up into the SANFL it couldn't be good for team stability so they may well fall down the ladder and in to Div 2. The only argument against that is they may have an influx of new, good players (more than they normally get through lower fees, central location, etc) attracted by the prospect of playing SANFL.

Uni would love this since voluntarily student unionism was brought in years back the uni sports teams money trough was smaller and hence the cash flow to the footy teams was reduced. Looking back at there successful history, well the money helped becuase no matter what it was always coming from the uni union.

How would this be seen. Simple typical Adel Uni really. Although in reality probably the perfect fit for both.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:09 am

Uni would love this since voluntarily student unionism was brought in years back the uni sports teams money trough was smaller and hence the cash flow to the footy teams was reduced. Looking back at there successful history, well the money helped becuase no matter what it was always coming from the uni union.

How would this be seen. Simple typical Adel Uni really. Although in reality probably the perfect fit for both. It would make then very competitive on div 1 wihw some additional players on the cusp of league selection.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby areaman » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:20 am

bennymacca wrote:As I said, you can't be that "died in the wool" if you chuck a tantrum and leave when something doesn't go your way.

I'd be pretty concerned about anyone who blindly accepts what happens and doesn't question and evaluate what their club does.

Dyed in the wool refers to support for the team and players no matter how poorly they are performing.

Dyed in the wool does not mean blind acceptance of the bad decisions and administration of the club.

Would you still support the Crows if they decided to relocate to Darwin or Hobart?
areaman
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:36 am

areaman wrote:
bennymacca wrote:As I said, you can't be that "died in the wool" if you chuck a tantrum and leave when something doesn't go your way.

I'd be pretty concerned about anyone who blindly accepts what happens and doesn't question and evaluate what their club does.

Dyed in the wool refers to support for the team and players no matter how poorly they are performing.

Dyed in the wool does not mean blind acceptance of the bad decisions and administration of the club.

Would you still support the Crows if they decided to relocate to Darwin or Hobart?

Yep I would support them. I would be pissed off no doubt but I don't think chucking in the towel is the appropriate response
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL