Diary of some pregnant blokes

Anything!

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Have had confirmation today that, unless the little guy arrives early, my wife will be induced Tuesday morning next week.

We are visiting the clinic next Monday to attempt to bring on labour, and its straight to the hospital from there. If labour hasn't happened by Tuesday morning, she will have her waters broken.

At least there is a deadline which will appease my wife, the poor thing has well and truly had enough!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:21 pm

valleys07 wrote:Have had confirmation today that, unless the little guy arrives early, my wife will be induced Tuesday morning next week.

We are visiting the clinic next Monday to attempt to bring on labour, and its straight to the hospital from there. If labour hasn't happened by Tuesday morning, she will have her waters broken.

At least there is a deadline which will appease my wife, the poor thing has well and truly had enough!

Goodluck mate...
my wife was exactly the same the first time round (9 days late) she was due to be induced on the wednesday, but to my little girls credit she came on her own the day before...

How long are your days going at the moment???? My wifes at 38 weeks!!!! Days are dragging!!! You are almost disapointed everytime the phone rings and it's not your wife telling you to come home and prepare!!!

I can't recall, is this your first?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Cheers WUB.

It is our first, correct. The days aren't dragging for me. I'm not trying to sound selfish, as we found out around the 32 week mark that his head was quite large, and to prepare for the likelihood that my wife will need to be induced with the realistic possibility of a C-Section.

Through that news its sort of become ingrained that he will be here on his due date and with that i'm not expecting a phone call as such!

As I said, I cant speak for my wife though- her days are dragging and 6 days feels like an eternity.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:42 pm

Time to take a real deep breathe here lads.

Time to focus on what you've got in your mind, check that it is suitable for sending out of your mouth BEFORE you send it out. Extremely important, check it BEFORE it leaves your mind.

Having said that, I wish you all the best for the coming days.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7497 times
Been liked: 10784 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:43 pm

valleys07 wrote:Cheers WUB.

It is our first, correct. The days aren't dragging for me. I'm not trying to sound selfish, as we found out around the 32 week mark that his head was quite large, and to prepare for the likelihood that my wife will need to be induced with the realistic possibility of a C-Section.

Through that news its sort of become ingrained that he will be here on his due date and with that i'm not expecting a phone call as such!

As I said, I cant speak for my wife though- her days are dragging and 6 days feels like an eternity.

not selfish at all mate... Seeing your wife go through what she is about to do is pretty confronting!! Not trying to scare you (well it was for me)...
I personally was more relieved for my wife when our daughter was born then i was happy to meet my little girl... i was obviously rapt...
And we had a very normal birth, drug free though to my wifes disgust!!!

ps
be prepared after child is born to hear about it for the rest of your marriage :lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby heater31 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:44 pm

Booney wrote:Time to take a real deep breathe here lads.

Time to focus on what you've got in your mind, check that it is suitable for sending out of your mouth BEFORE you send it out. Extremely important, check it BEFORE it leaves your mind.

Another tale from the Boon's book of life experiences ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:45 pm

i thought it was going to be go time today, but no go...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:51 pm

heater31 wrote:

sometimes i tend to act a little immaturely, and i thought i'd lighten the mood in relatively early stages of labor... So my wife could still speak...

my wife was leaning over the kitchen bench, i decided a back rub was good thing to do, and as a JOKE i thought i'd replecate some "moves" you may see in grown up films... Obviously with no actual intent, thought it may lighten the mood..... it certainly wasn't my best ideas. however it was the last time i saw my wife smile that night until the birth....

it's a risky move and i certainly don't recomend it
Last edited by woodublieve12 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:51 pm

heater31 wrote:

My lad turned 18 yesterday, the books next chapter will be just as interesting!!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby heater31 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:

My lad turned 18 yesterday, the books next chapter will be just as interesting!!

Could even be better :lol:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:58 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
heater31 wrote:

sometimes i tend to act a little immaturely, and i thought i'd lighten the mood in relatively early stages of labor... So my wife could still speak...
my wife was leaning over the kitchen bench, i decided a back rub was good thing to do, and as a JOKE i thought i'd replecate some "moves" you may see in grown up films... Obviously with no actual intent, thought it may lighten the mood..... it certainly wasn't my best ideas. however it was the last time i saw my wife smile that night until the birth....
it's a risky move and i certainly don't recomend it

Oh man oh man..... :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:00 pm

tipper wrote:Image
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:25 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
valleys07 wrote:Cheers WUB.

not selfish at all mate... Seeing your wife go through what she is about to do is pretty confronting!! Not trying to scare you (well it was for me)...
I personally was more relieved for my wife when our daughter was born then i was happy to meet my little girl... i was obviously rapt...
And we had a very normal birth, drug free though to my wifes disgust!!!

ps
be prepared after child is born to hear about it for the rest of your marriage :lol:

Mate i'll be exactly the same- relief for her that its all done will be the biggest thing.

valleys07
Coach

Postby Ron Burgundy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:30 pm

I've got 12 weeks to go.

Cant believe I got my timing so wrong. Was really looking forward to a month off, watching test cricket.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:37 pm

valleys07 wrote:Have had confirmation today that, unless the little guy arrives early, my wife will be induced Tuesday morning next week.

That should give you more than enough time before the Carlton game. ;) :lol:
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:42 pm

Failed Creation wrote:

:lol:

Absolutely, as long as no Audi corporate suites or social outings at red square get in the way ;)

valleys07
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:44 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:

:lol:

Absolutely, as long as no Audi corporate suites or social outings at red square get in the way ;)

Hell, I'd even snub myself for an Audi corporate suite... :lol:
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:48 pm

Cant argue with that!

valleys07
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:14 am

my poor wife has been struck down with a cold again!!! The past 10 weeks have been tough on her... From sickness to general soreness... Bit different from the last pregnancy... Hopefully a sign we are having a boy ;) ....

Hopefully she goes into labor this weekend after 230pm saturday :D
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:56 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:I've got 12 weeks to go.

Cant believe I got my timing so wrong. Was really looking forward to a month off, watching test cricket.

My wife is over half way now; due last week of November. I will be taking 2 weeks off at the start of December which will enable me to enjoy the first 2 tests of the summer. Not that I am rubbing it in or anything, but getting on the nest in late Feb has worked a charm 8)
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion