The Crows are good at Ainger Management. :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Round 9 - Eagles v Adelaide - POST MATCH

Postby fester69 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:49 am

If the Eagles had of played with 24 instead of 21 they would of won.
fester69
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:56 pm

Aerie wrote:
saintal wrote:I hope Kurt Slaven enjoyed the day.

Wundke and AInger being held to just 8 touches between them was obviously pivotal. Hartigan do another job on Ainger?

Ravens starting to get their act together. Was an indictment on their players and coaches that they were sitting bottom a fortnight ago.

Shaw destroyed Ainger and Hardigan beat Wundke. It was strange. Having three big targets, we started McGregor one out at Full Forward in the last quarter with Wundke on the bench. The ball landed on McGregor's head three times in that first 5 minutes and we got nothing from it. Nothing against McGregor, he is 4 foot nothing, but did Godden leave his coaching brain at whatever pub they were celebrating in Melbourne last weekend? Wundke was still probably recovering from a hangover.

Ainger can't mark a ball in his hands because every time he goes for it he doesn't line his body up with the ball. His hands are a foot either to the left or right of his shoulders. There are big question marks whether Ainger can perform when it matters against good opposition.

I don't think we can have all of Heinjus, Borholm, Grocke, Wundke and Ainger in the same team. One of the big forwards needs to 2nd Ruck or one of the ruckman have to play as the 3rd tall forward. Or one of them needs to be a key position back. Get another runner in there.

Grocke made a good return. One of the advantages of having Ainger and Wundke, he was on the 3rd defender.

The small backmen in Lloyd, Sumner, Raymond and Batley were very loose. The defence needs to tighten up.

Crouch brothers a class above this level. I noticed Matt Crouch more. Brad Crouch a little more dynamic. Both guns and should be in the Crows side next week and for the rest of their careers. I would expect Adelaide to sneak in to the 5 by the end of the season.

Aerie

I agree with virtually everything you said.

However, unlike the Power game where we busted our gut but were just smashed by a far superior team, I felt this time around the Crows were ok but more so we were just were terrible and this was the major cause of the loss. The way we completely gave up in the last quarter was embarrassing and the club should be ashamed. I still believe if we play them again we can beat them.

Our defence was absolutely glaringly pathetic and I think their performance was the main reason we lost. Our small defenders in particular allowed their direct opponents far too much space. Their disposal coming out of defence was also sub-standard. I counted at least 3 turnover goals that came about under zero pressure. How Sumner and Batley got named by The Advertiser as our best players is beyond me. Lloyd also had a shocker.

In the last few games its become increasingly clear that ruck is a big concern. If we can’t win the tap it is very difficult for our midfielders to get the clearance. In the last couple of games we’ve come up against some the best rucks in the competition – Baulderstone, Brooksby, McKernan – who are known for getting their hands to the ball and we’ve stuggled big time. Bornholm plays his heart out but gets dominated against these types. It’s a glaring weakness and might come to haunt us come finals time.

What’s the deal with Daniel Kirk? I know he ‘retired’ from injury but he is still at every game amongst the team at every quarter. Could he be an option of returning (as a ruckman) if he ever gets over his injuries?

Your comments against Ainger are valid. The guy is unable to take a mark in his hands. Even when he jumps high he tries to take a chest mark so it is very easy to spoil. Grocke is a much better prospect and had a good return. Wundke played ok given the lack of supply after the first quarter. I still think there is room for all three there. Our midfield and defence just needs to lift. Don’t forget, we’ve really been playing three tall forwards for the last 6 games. Grocke has just replaced Dunston.

Some changes that Godden needs to consider in the coming week. Sumner and Lewis dropped to the reserves. Bring in Sinor and Martyn.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:12 pm

Good posts lads.

I thought sumner was pretty good for you blokes, but your defence did look pretty leaky
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby the joker » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:56 pm

As soon as I saw both Crouch's playing I thought the crows will win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby eaglesfan » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:00 pm

I hope "Sellout Slaven" was satisfied with that... The SANFL competition has been wrecked.

Even less atmosphere at Woodville Oval than usual.

Another AFL thrashing coming up for the Eagles at Alberton next week...
eaglesfan
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby passionatelegsfan » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:06 pm

Why do there always have to be so many comments under crows and power reserves post match threads? People should be analysing Norwood v West, South vs Sturt etc. Forget these irrelavent AFL reserves games!
passionatelegsfan

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL