Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Fri May 30, 2014 12:43 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Yep, which highlights my point that there is a lot of misinformation about the budget being published.

Much like with the carbon tax.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby bulldogproud2 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:54 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
dedja wrote:plus the Pope ... first Jesuit

Mebbe they all sat around the tea pot and carved up the world map like a couple of centuries ago

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/03/20/the-jesuits-take-over-the-nation/

Unfortunately the author of this article is somewhat delusional. He is the same man who spearheaded a campaign to discredit Barack Obama by stating that he was not from the US but born in Kenya.
You will find extremely little accuracy in his article you have provided a link to re Pope Francis. So far, Pope Francis has proven to be an excellent pope in the eyes of the vast majority. Quite rightly, he has tried to get the Church back to what it should be, a Church that puts the poor and outcast first.
There is also no truth about the Jesuits being anti-American, anti-British etc. This is backed up by the fact that the Jesuit order is actually the largest order in both the US and the UK. The Jesuit order is very much Catholic and their leader has never been known as the Black Pope.
Michael Shrimpton is also a climate-change denier and a believer that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction but moved them to Syria:

Michael Shrimpton was termed a ‘conspiracy theorist’ when introduced as a pundit on Sky News, but Crackpot Realist manqué would have been a better term. Nevertheless, he was given free rein to comment on climate change, which he believes does not exist, and particular license on Iraqi ‘weapons of mass destruction’, which (unlike Tony Blair, Colin Powell and David Kay) he believes did exist, but were moved to Syria. This geopolitical analysis was emphasised by a sneering: “that’s what Syria’s for…” Sky News viewers are normally anaesthetised by a small revolving team of seasoned commentators, such as jovial Al Scardino, who round up that which they deem ‘newsworthy’ before bedtime. But after 25 minutes of exposure to Shrimpton’s conspiracy theories, viewers may have been left thinking ‘that’s what Shrimpton’s for’
Cheers
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby bulldogproud2 » Fri May 30, 2014 1:19 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:I am the first one to say keep religion out of politics unless the churches start paying their taxes like every other corporation, but I couldn't help researching this following a conversation with a very proud jesuit last weekend

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/jesuit-old-boys-now-our-leaders/story-fn59niix-1226718806547#

Funny how the latest budget; so horrible to the poor and vulnerable, came from, and is almost exclusively defended by, the jesuits in power...........

Unfortunately I cannot get that article to open so cannot comment on its content. However, I can say the following. Yes, the Jesuits are proud of having educated Tony Abbott, Joe Hockey, Barnaby Joyce, Christopher Pyne and BILL SHORTEN but we are proudest of having educated Fr. Frank Brennan. As a Jesuit said to me last week, unfortunately it is clear that the Jesuit values deserted Tony and Joe in the Budget they handed down. It would appear that their upbringing in wealthy families provided them with values that have overridden what the school teaches them. I would love you to attend some classes here and let you see how the Jesuit education system definitely tries to instil values where concern for the poor and outcast are paramount. Join us on one of our Journeys of the Heart to India, Cambodia, East Timor or Daly River and see the students assist those in need in those communities.
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Postby bulldogproud2 » Fri May 30, 2014 1:32 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:I am beginning to see the problem now

So are most of the critics but there's no bonus in admitting the deception for the opposition.
Happy to debate several parts of this letter with any of you, but, obviously, it doesn't suit you to be honest....

When you published the post I thought you were being sympathetic rather than baiting up for a debate. What are your concerns with the letter?

Well, for a start, the concerned doctor doesn't have to charge the $7 co-payment, so although he is trying to convey his concerns, he is actually only trying to protect his own income which would reduce by $2 per visit.

Good to see that you are actually against the co-payment idea, Jimmy, and believe it should be combatted by doctors taking a pay cut of hundreds of dollars a week by foregoing $2 per patient visit. :D

Cheers
Last edited by bulldogproud2 on Fri May 30, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Postby gossipgirl » Fri May 30, 2014 1:36 pm

lets all start chanting :D

Kum bay ya, my Love, kum bay ya;
Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Someone's laughing, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's laughing, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's laughing, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Someone's crying, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's crying, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's crying, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Someone's praying, Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's praying, Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's praying, Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Someone's singing, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's singing, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's singing, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri May 30, 2014 1:44 pm

bulldogproud2 wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Well, for a start, the concerned doctor doesn't have to charge the $7 co-payment, so although he is trying to convey his concerns, he is actually only trying to protect his own income which would reduce by $2 per visit.

Good to see that you are actually against the co-payment idea, Jimmy, and believe it should be combatted by doctors taking a pay cut of hundreds of dollars a week by forgoing $2 per patient visit. :D

Cheers

I am against people like this who take advantage of the vulnerable by spreading blatant lies. The AMA sent out their advice to their members on 15th May and made it very clear that they don't have to charge it. I received a notice from the Norwood Medical Centre on 15th May saying they wont be charging it.

This doctor is either very badly read or making a blatantly incorrect and misleading claim for political purposes whilst making out to be benevolent.
Well, benevolent to the point where it hits his own pocket that is..........
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby bulldogproud2 » Fri May 30, 2014 2:06 pm

Very nice of doctors and medical centres to do this and take on some of the financial pain. It would even be better though if the co-payment idea was scrapped altogether though so that no one, not even these doctors, would have to suffer, would it not? Great to see them care for those in need though... as doctors pretty much always do.

Cheers
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Postby stan » Fri May 30, 2014 2:13 pm

This budget was just some lib basic politics. Right after the election hammer the budget to make sure the surplus is achieved by the next election. Maximum pain right after the election, then ease it right up to the next election, then run around saying look how good we are and hope that all is forgotten from 3 years ago, which in most cases it probably will be/

Also for the first budget just keep hammering home the debt crisis and do not, I repeat do not allow facts to be brought up at any point.

Its worke in the past and will work again. Not hard to see really.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby shoe boy » Fri May 30, 2014 2:41 pm

I am against people like this who take advantage of the vulnerable by spreading blatant lies. The AMA sent out their advice to their members on 15th May and made it very clear that they don't have to charge it. I received a notice from the Norwood Medical Centre on 15th May saying they wont be charging it.

This doctor is either very badly read or making a blatantly incorrect and misleading claim for political purposes whilst making out to be benevolent.
Well, benevolent to the point where it hits his own pocket that is..........[/quote]

So I take it Jimmy the nationals/liberals are really pissing you off!!!!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby bulldogproud2 » Fri May 30, 2014 2:50 pm

stan wrote:This budget was just some lib basic politics. Right after the election hammer the budget to make sure the surplus is achieved by the next election. Maximum pain right after the election, then ease it right up to the next election, then run around saying look how good we are and hope that all is forgotten from 3 years ago, which in most cases it probably will be/

Also for the first budget just keep hammering home the debt crisis and do not, I repeat do not allow facts to be brought up at any point.

Its worke in the past and will work again. Not hard to see really.

So true but it irks me as to the reasoning some Liberals have provided for why the pain has not been directed at the corporate sector: no matter how much profit they make they will find ways of avoiding tax so raising corporate taxes achieves nothing.

Heck, tighten up the taxation system so that corporations pay their share rather than inflict the pain on the less fortunate and vulnerable.

Additionally, don't be afraid to increase the rate of company tax. The two great industrial powers, the USA and Japan, have a much higher rate, with it being 40% in the US and 35% in Japan. Even a 1% increase in company tax should raise billions of dollars for the taxation office.

I know that the argument would be provided that some companies may move offshore but, at the cost of an increase of 1% in company tax, you will find that that won't occur.
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Fri May 30, 2014 3:09 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
bulldogproud2 wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Well, for a start, the concerned doctor doesn't have to charge the $7 co-payment, so although he is trying to convey his concerns, he is actually only trying to protect his own income which would reduce by $2 per visit.

Good to see that you are actually against the co-payment idea, Jimmy, and believe it should be combatted by doctors taking a pay cut of hundreds of dollars a week by forgoing $2 per patient visit. :D

Cheers

So some doctor wrote a poorly informed letter which was published in a hick newspaper somewhere, it's certainly not the first time and won't be the last that someone misinterprets or deliberately skews the facts. That shouldn't be the main discussion. The focus should be on the impact of the co-payment and other budget measures which unfairly disadvantage the poorest and most vulnerable in our society. And why should doctors have to subsidise the government, do you subsidise the government by rejecting potential income? The $2 to the doc and $5 to the medical research fund was simply an attempt at smooth the path. It failed. Doctors are pissed off, the AMA is pissed off, The Rural Doctors Association of Australia is pissed off, the Australian Council of Physicians is pissed off, and the majority of the general public are pissed off. The medicare co-payment is simply not resonating with most Australians as it goes against our collective values. It stinks and needs to be flushed down the shitter.
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri May 30, 2014 3:32 pm

shoe boy wrote:I am against people like this who take advantage of the vulnerable by spreading blatant lies. The AMA sent out their advice to their members on 15th May and made it very clear that they don't have to charge it. I received a notice from the Norwood Medical Centre on 15th May saying they wont be charging it.

So I take it Jimmy the nationals/liberals are really pissing you off!!!![/quote]

About lying about not going to do things and then do? Yes shoe boy. I think they are bloody stupid thinking people will forget.

Let's hope you have the same conviction when Koutsantonis starts the lies (which he has ready)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri May 30, 2014 4:08 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
bulldogproud2 wrote:

Cheers

So some doctor wrote a poorly informed letter which was published in a hick newspaper somewhere, it's certainly not the first time and won't be the last that someone misinterprets or deliberately skews the facts. That shouldn't be the main discussion. The focus should be on the impact of the co-payment and other budget measures which unfairly disadvantage the poorest and most vulnerable in our society. And why should doctors have to subsidise the government, do you subsidise the government by rejecting potential income? The $2 to the doc and $5 to the medical research fund was simply an attempt at smooth the path. It failed. Doctors are pissed off, the AMA is pissed off, The Rural Doctors Association of Australia is pissed off, the Australian Council of Physicians is pissed off, and the majority of the general public are pissed off. The medicare co-payment is simply not resonating with most Australians as it goes against our collective values. It stinks and needs to be flushed down the shitter.

Actually Dr. Hughes is quite the activist.....
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Fri May 30, 2014 5:28 pm

So some activist doctor wrote...............
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:05 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:It is probably a good time for all SA senators to stick up for SA and start demanding a reversal of the budget decision to cut education and health funding to the state.

Are they cutting funding?

Jimmy you really are showing your true colours.

I'm just dumb shoe boy
Are they cutting funding (that means what we are getting now) or cutting the promises made by a dying desperate previous government?

Here you go shoe boy - the truth!!!

http://www.budget.gov.au/2013-14/content/bp3/html/bp3_03_part_2b.htm
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Fri May 30, 2014 6:17 pm

should we change the name of this thread to 'Jimmy defends the budget in the face of undeniable evidence that it is a crock of shiser'?
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sat May 31, 2014 11:43 am

Undeniable evidence that, in fact, hospital funding is increasing?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby bulldogproud2 » Sat May 31, 2014 2:27 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Undeniable evidence that, in fact, hospital funding is increasing?

.. and here I always thought you were an educated man, Jimmy!
You should know that the Abbott government has slashed $50 billion funding of state hospital systems, starting from 2017.

'Hospital funding agreements, agreed with the states and territories under former Labor prime minister Kevin Rudd, will also be wound back from 2017, saving a massive $50 billion over eight years.'

This also goes hand-in-hand with $30 billion of Gonski reforms being slashed from spending on schools.

Please stop being a denier of the truth!!

Cheers
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sat May 31, 2014 2:34 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Undeniable evidence that, in fact, hospital funding is increasing?

How so?

the Majority of commentators and analysts are reporting exactly as BulldogProud2 has quoted. I can't see how this amounts to an increase in funding.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby bennymacca » Sat May 31, 2014 2:35 pm

Political doublespeak. It might be increasing but by nowhere near as much as it was slated to. Which is a cut in anyone's language, except jimmys.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics