Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby ol man emu » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:20 pm

not one Brighton player, official or supporter came in for a beer after the game. poor form I would have thought.

I see Noarlunga had three new recruits from the N.T how did they go?
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Oldman Munga » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:55 pm

ol man emu wrote:not one Brighton player, official or supporter came in for a beer after the game. poor form I would have thought.

For a first hitout they did extremely well the 3 lads are from the Tiwi Islands 2 played last season for Tiwi Bombers in NTFL while the other had a season in the island league after playing non stop for 2.5 years (5 seasons ) without a break , got 1 more to unveil this weekend a lightning mis fielder from the highly successfu St Marys club , club has been really welcoming to all the boys and we hope they will add some reAl bite to our season
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:32 am

Please be aware of the site rules

http://www.safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=254

Thanks
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby fiftympenalty » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:07 pm

Any word/news on the association team? who would be your definite inclusions? Your must haves? how do you rate SFL chances of winning matches against opponents such as GSFL or rmfl
fiftympenalty
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby ol man emu » Thu May 01, 2014 7:42 am

Oldman Munga wrote:
ol man emu wrote:not one Brighton player, official or supporter came in for a beer after the game. poor form I would have thought.

For a first hitout they did extremely well the 3 lads are from the Tiwi Islands 2 played last season for Tiwi Bombers in NTFL while the other had a season in the island league after playing non stop for 2.5 years (5 seasons ) without a break , got 1 more to unveil this weekend a lightning mis fielder from the highly successfu St Marys club , club has been really welcoming to all the boys and we hope they will add some reAl bite to our season

you guys must be struggling if you have to go to n.t. to get professional footballers.
must be costing a packet.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Postby ol man emu » Thu May 01, 2014 7:45 am

fiftympenalty wrote:Any word/news on the association team? who would be your definite inclusions? Your must haves? how do you rate SFL chances of winning matches against opponents such as GSFL or rmfl

Liam Green, Billy "the kid" Carroll standouts from M/Vale.
Henry Kerinaiua from Noarlunga.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Postby shoe boy » Thu May 01, 2014 11:27 am

ol man emu wrote:
fiftympenalty wrote:Any word/news on the association team? who would be your definite inclusions? Your must haves? how do you rate SFL chances of winning matches against opponents such as GSFL or rmfl

Liam Green Noarlunga :D
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri May 02, 2014 12:38 am

Esteban Vihaio wrote:I note the SAAFL's reaction to a situation in Div 6 where TTG C Grade were beat consecutively by 47 goals. Contrast this to the SFL action on resolving parity issues.

Afternoon all. I’m presuming you are well aware of the difficulties the Tea Tree Gully C grade are facing at the minute being best demonstrated by the magnitude of the losses from their first two matches. In Round 1 they were defeated by Mitchell Park by 47 goals and in Round 2 another 47 goal loss at the hands of Colonel Light Gardens.
Clearly this type of score line is not a good advertisement for The League or is it something we expect the players from the TTGFC who participate purely for enjoyment to endure so we are taking steps to allow for a more competitive match for all.
We accept changing course “mid-stream” is not ideal and it would be easy for some to suggest we could’ve or should’ve taken steps to address this concern earlier. That said, as a league we have tremendous faith in the promotion and relegation system that has served as so well for as long as our existence and regard it as the most objective platform to enable teams to be drawn in their most suited competition. However, we also accept that in the most extreme circumstances and in the best interests of football and The League, we may need to make some irregular decisions as we have now.
In turn we are removing Tea Tree Gully from the Division 6 competition and re-drawn in the Division 8 competition and make the following assertions.

1. Division 6: The competition will now be a 9 team competition with a bye

2. Division 6: The results from the first two rounds will be null and void and recorded as a bye

3. Division 6: Player statistics such as games played and goals kicked are retained by the individual player

4. Division 6: Goals kicked and association Best & Fairest votes will not be included in the final tally

5. Division 8: The competition will now be a 10 team competition

6. Division 8: The 2 teams in the competition who recorded a bye in the first 2 weeks will now be credited with a forfeit.

7. Adjustments are being made to Footyweb and will be completed by C.O.B Wednesday the 17th.

8. Golden Grove Division 8 team will play Tea Tree Gully at Golden Grove on Saturday the 20th of April

Clearly we are hoping you will understand and accept the reasoning we have taken these steps as being in the best interests of The League in general.

I find it amusing that this time last year there were people here applauding the SAAFL for shifting a C-Grade team between lower divisions and they were held up as the poster child of proactive football administration.

I clearly remember getting mocked when I pointed out it was only a C-Grade team.

Forward 12 months and that league has voted to do nothing about an A-Grade team that is worse shape than anything that has occurred in the SFL.

Sometimes the grass isn't always greener, eh?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri May 02, 2014 7:24 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:I note the SAAFL's reaction to a situation in Div 6 where TTG C Grade were beat consecutively by 47 goals. Contrast this to the SFL action on resolving parity issues.

Afternoon all. I’m presuming you are well aware of the difficulties the Tea Tree Gully C grade are facing at the minute being best demonstrated by the magnitude of the losses from their first two matches. In Round 1 they were defeated by Mitchell Park by 47 goals and in Round 2 another 47 goal loss at the hands of Colonel Light Gardens.
Clearly this type of score line is not a good advertisement for The League or is it something we expect the players from the TTGFC who participate purely for enjoyment to endure so we are taking steps to allow for a more competitive match for all.
We accept changing course “mid-stream” is not ideal and it would be easy for some to suggest we could’ve or should’ve taken steps to address this concern earlier. That said, as a league we have tremendous faith in the promotion and relegation system that has served as so well for as long as our existence and regard it as the most objective platform to enable teams to be drawn in their most suited competition. However, we also accept that in the most extreme circumstances and in the best interests of football and The League, we may need to make some irregular decisions as we have now.
In turn we are removing Tea Tree Gully from the Division 6 competition and re-drawn in the Division 8 competition and make the following assertions.

1. Division 6: The competition will now be a 9 team competition with a bye

2. Division 6: The results from the first two rounds will be null and void and recorded as a bye

3. Division 6: Player statistics such as games played and goals kicked are retained by the individual player

4. Division 6: Goals kicked and association Best & Fairest votes will not be included in the final tally

5. Division 8: The competition will now be a 10 team competition

6. Division 8: The 2 teams in the competition who recorded a bye in the first 2 weeks will now be credited with a forfeit.

7. Adjustments are being made to Footyweb and will be completed by C.O.B Wednesday the 17th.

8. Golden Grove Division 8 team will play Tea Tree Gully at Golden Grove on Saturday the 20th of April

Clearly we are hoping you will understand and accept the reasoning we have taken these steps as being in the best interests of The League in general.

I find it amusing that this time last year there were people here applauding the SAAFL for shifting a C-Grade team between lower divisions and they were held up as the poster child of proactive football administration.

I clearly remember getting mocked when I pointed out it was only a C-Grade team.

Forward 12 months and that league has voted to do nothing about an A-Grade team that is worse shape than anything that has occurred in the SFL.

Sometimes the grass isn't always greener, eh?

At the moment Kilburn has told the league they want to stay in D3... SAAFL have offered the a grade relocation but like i said Kilburn want none of it... One or two bad years of scores doesn't really match up to over a decade...
I think both leagues have pro's and cons...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri May 02, 2014 11:35 am

I would like to inform all posters of the passing of Noarlunga and SFL life member Clem Hurst.

RIP Clem.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby ol man emu » Fri May 02, 2014 1:49 pm

shoe boy wrote:I would like to inform all posters of the passing of Noarlunga and SFL life member Clem Hurst.

RIP Clem.

sad day.
r.i.p. Clem.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Postby fathersonsfl » Fri May 02, 2014 1:51 pm

Very sad news. I great stalwart of Noarlunga Football Club.

RIP Clem.
fathersonsfl
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby ol man emu » Fri May 02, 2014 1:58 pm

shoe boy wrote:
ol man emu wrote:

Liam Green Noarlunga :D

Pretty sure he plays for M/Vale.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Postby Oldman Munga » Fri May 02, 2014 5:35 pm

ol man emu wrote:
Oldman Munga wrote:

you guys must be struggling if you have to go to n.t. to get professional footballers.

Emu , on the contrary they collectively cost a tad more than Matt Golding did , we had over 15 players from our senior list depart NFC at the end of 2013 , the commitee and football dept decided to go outside the square to boost our playing stocks , So I called some contacts I had made during my 22 yrs of involvment in Territory Footy to see who was interested in coming down for the Southern Season , considering we had left our run late we got plenty of interest from the Tiwi Islands , So I travelled up in late March to Snake Bay on Melville Island for 2 days and came home with the Signatures of Moreen and the Daniels boys , young Henry Kerinaiua schooled with my son along with another lad we have from Darwin @ the club and asked if he could have a kick with his ol schoolmates and the island boys Henry will play on the MCG in 4 weeks time in the Curtain Raiser for the "Dreamtime At The G" game between Geelong and Essendon , Moreen and Nathan Daniels have previously done this and have imense pride for having been chosen for it ,
I'd hardly describe them as professional footballers but rather simple living islanders who have an incredible love of the game along with a decent amount of skill Nathan and Aaron Daniels both come from NTFL side Tiwi Bombers and Moreen via Palmerston Magpies ( my home club) Kerinaiua lives in Adel and has had 2 seasons with Port Adelaide u18's (2010/11) and has returned to Darwin for the Northern season to playLeague for perenial powerhouse St Marys
The lads have been here for around 3 weeks now living with me @ the moment , all have begun working with clubs sponsors and are undertaking vocational training in the construction industry while earning some pretty good $ along the way along with a few $ each for playing footy one can say they're pretty bloody wrapped with Life as a Shoeboy , Last Saturday Night after the Cove game I've been told by the boys was 'best night ever ' at any southern club they had had
NFC is proud to have these lads onboard for the season with a view to fostering a long term relationship with the people of the Tiwi Islands ,
Sorry about the long spiel but I wanted to put it out there before some of the B/S Artists on here throw there 2 bobs worth in .
SEE YOU @ THE FOOTY FOLKS
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Postby Oldman Munga » Fri May 02, 2014 5:40 pm

shoe boy wrote:I would like to inform all posters of the passing of Noarlunga and SFL life member Clem Hurst.

RIP Clem.

60 plus years @ NFC Clem personified what it means to be a SHOEBOY ....
R.I.P Old Fella
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Postby cracka » Fri May 02, 2014 6:42 pm

Oldman Munga wrote:
ol man emu wrote:
Oldman Munga wrote:

Emu , on the contrary they collectively cost a tad more than Matt Golding did , we had over 15 players from our senior list depart NFC at the end of 2013 , the commitee and football dept decided to go outside the square to boost our playing stocks , So I called some contacts I had made during my 22 yrs of involvment in Territory Footy to see who was interested in coming down for the Southern Season , considering we had left our run late we got plenty of interest from the Tiwi Islands , So I travelled up in late March to Snake Bay on Melville Island for 2 days and came home with the Signatures of Moreen and the Daniels boys , young Henry Kerinaiua schooled with my son along with another lad we have from Darwin @ the club and asked if he could have a kick with his ol schoolmates and the island boys Henry will play on the MCG in 4 weeks time in the Curtain Raiser for the "Dreamtime At The G" game between Geelong and Essendon , Moreen and Nathan Daniels have previously done this and have imense pride for having been chosen for it ,
I'd hardly describe them as professional footballers but rather simple living islanders who have an incredible love of the game along with a decent amount of skill Nathan and Aaron Daniels both come from NTFL side Tiwi Bombers and Moreen via Palmerston Magpies ( my home club) Kerinaiua lives in Adel and has had 2 seasons with Port Adelaide u18's (2010/11) and has returned to Darwin for the Northern season to playLeague for perenial powerhouse St Marys
The lads have been here for around 3 weeks now living with me @ the moment , all have begun working with clubs sponsors and are undertaking vocational training in the construction industry while earning some pretty good $ along the way along with a few $ each for playing footy one can say they're pretty bloody wrapped with Life as a Shoeboy , Last Saturday Night after the Cove game I've been told by the boys was 'best night ever ' at any southern club they had had
NFC is proud to have these lads onboard for the season with a view to fostering a long term relationship with the people of the Tiwi Islands ,
Sorry about the long spiel but I wanted to put it out there before some of the B/S Artists on here throw there 2 bobs worth in .

For the sake of the whole SFL could more guys be enticed to play, not just for NFC but for some other struggling clubs. Fantastic what you are doing IMO.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Broken Down Hack » Fri May 02, 2014 6:58 pm

[quote="shoe boy"]I would like to inform all posters of the passing of Noarlunga and SFL life member Clem Hurst.

RIP Clem.[/quote

The committee of the Morphettville Park Football Club would like to pass on their condolences to Clem's Family and the Noarlunga Football Club on his passing ..... R.I,P Clem..
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri May 02, 2014 8:17 pm

RIP Clem.

Very sad to hear, one of the gentlemen of the game and a stalwart of the Noarlunga FC and the SFL.
RIP Clem
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dazza44 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:55 pm

RIP Clem.

Very sorry to hear that news. My condolences to his family and the Noarlunga FC.

Clem was one of the traditional stalwarts of our great game and our great League. When I first met him he was League Treasurer, and probably well past retirement age but he loved the game so much he kept on going. I reckon he nodded off at most of the meetings that went past 8:30pm :)

I've always enjoyed seeing and speaking to Clem at Noarlunga whenever we played down there, still doing a job on the interchange after all these years. Will miss him.

R.I.P. Clem Hurst. One of the greats of the SFL.
Dazza44
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dazza44 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:07 am

Oldman Munga wrote:
ol man emu wrote:
Oldman Munga wrote:

Sounds like great recruiting to me !

From your first line, sounds like you should have done this before if you got 4 quality players for about the same cost as the big lug ..... obviously Golding was WAY overpaid for his value to the side :)
Dazza44
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL