Crows reserves supporters

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Crows reserves supporters

Postby PhilH » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:12 pm

This IS a major issue that needs to be addressed now by all 8 clubs.

Hopefully at the Eagles we are doing that with the junior promotional & educational pieces with have in place.
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby tipper » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:14 am

kickinit wrote:Pretty easy to get a couple of hours off work too, plus you will be paid for the time your at the school. Also doesn't have to be players could be a couple of the people that work full time for the club.

the players couldnt be paid for the time they appear at the school, i think you will find that something like that would need to be included in the salary cap. and once you add it up, a few players going to every school in the clubs zone for a couple of hours and all of a sudden the cap room for player payments is significantly diminished.

also i think that the players already get significant time off work to fit in training etc. asking to get time of to go to a school on top of that could be asking a bit too much of their employer, even if most of them are working for sanfl sympathetic bosses.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:21 am

kickinit wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:As someone who grew up in the country I always followed West Adelaide because that is our zone. We either wear the jumper for Westies juniors, or have good mates that go through the system. It is a logical choice. I might be naive but I would thing that juniors in our area will still think the same way.

Being a crows AFL supporter I have always checked the SANFL results on a Sunday to see how the guys went that didn't get a game for the Crows. I still do this but instead of looking across multiple stats sheets it's in one. I have enjoyed reading the passionate supporters going apeshit on here, but deep down I feel sorry for you guys because the league you have loved (a lot more than I) is slowly disintegrating into something else.

I'm not a Crows SANFL supporter, but like Benny I also find myself having an interest in them simply because of the level of dissent shown by some on here.

Anyone would think that way. But if clubs aren't going to put the time into the zones then there not going to get anywhere. My sister teaches at a northern school which would be less then a 10min drive to elizabeth oval. Centrals couldn't organise to get a few players out to spend a couple of hours at the school. They then organised for Port and because Central's couldn't be bothered they have setup for port to keep returning to the school. If the club's aren't going to put in the work to promote their footy club and get in touch with the kids, then they are going to keep losing a supporter base.

Bit easier for full time professional players to get to a school during school hours than SANFL players who have full time jobs.

Pretty easy to get a couple of hours off work too, plus you will be paid for the time your at the school. Also doesn't have to be players could be a couple of the people that work full time for the club.

who is your boss?? I could do with a few hours off work
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:22 am

Says the bloke who plays golf once(?) a week! ;) :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:23 am

Booney wrote:Says the bloke who plays golf once(?) a week! ;) :lol:

I usually play golf once a week too....just that its on Sundays and not Monday to Friday.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:03 am

kickinit wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:As someone who grew up in the country I always followed West Adelaide because that is our zone. We either wear the jumper for Westies juniors, or have good mates that go through the system. It is a logical choice. I might be naive but I would thing that juniors in our area will still think the same way.

Being a crows AFL supporter I have always checked the SANFL results on a Sunday to see how the guys went that didn't get a game for the Crows. I still do this but instead of looking across multiple stats sheets it's in one. I have enjoyed reading the passionate supporters going apeshit on here, but deep down I feel sorry for you guys because the league you have loved (a lot more than I) is slowly disintegrating into something else.

I'm not a Crows SANFL supporter, but like Benny I also find myself having an interest in them simply because of the level of dissent shown by some on here.

Anyone would think that way. But if clubs aren't going to put the time into the zones then there not going to get anywhere. My sister teaches at a northern school which would be less then a 10min drive to elizabeth oval. Centrals couldn't organise to get a few players out to spend a couple of hours at the school. They then organised for Port and because Central's couldn't be bothered they have setup for port to keep returning to the school. If the club's aren't going to put in the work to promote their footy club and get in touch with the kids, then they are going to keep losing a supporter base.

It's probably in Port's zone anyway ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:30 am

My wife teaches at a northern school, 15 minutes from Elizabeth Oval. Central organised a number of players to attend and run a coaching clinic. Being that the club would have limited employees in a junior development role, the school thought they were fortunate that they managed to get some players to attend.
Unlike the AFL teams, who would have a number of school appearances built into their contracts, SANFL clubs have no players whose sole job is to work at the club, except for those junior development players.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby maxyoz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:34 am

Then the SANFL clubs need to support and get involved with Auskick clinics, etc.

Glenelg do this very well.

And without being stereotypical, I would be surprised if all of the players on the CDFC list are 100% full time employed - I know they aren't at the Bay. Some of those players can go out to the schools and promote.
Punk Rooster wrote:I can't believe that a topic that is quite clearly trolling has elicited a 3 page response....
maxyoz
Under 18s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 36 times
Grassroots Team: Kimba Districts

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:38 am

maxyoz wrote: And without being stereotypical, I would be surprised if all of the players on the CDFC list are 100% full time employed - I know they aren't at the Bay. Some of those players can go out to the schools and promote.

If you're not being stereotypical, what exactly are you trying to say?
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby maxyoz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:40 am

That not every player at Central District would be Employed Full Time - I know there are players at Glenelg who aren't employed Full Time.

I was trying to avoid the Centrelink type comments that CDFC get lumbered with, but if you want to drag them in, go for it.
Punk Rooster wrote:I can't believe that a topic that is quite clearly trolling has elicited a 3 page response....
maxyoz
Under 18s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 36 times
Grassroots Team: Kimba Districts

Postby heater31 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:42 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
maxyoz wrote: And without being stereotypical, I would be surprised if all of the players on the CDFC list are 100% full time employed - I know they aren't at the Bay. Some of those players can go out to the schools and promote.

If you're not being stereotypical, what exactly are you trying to say?

Most clubs have a player in a trainee type role. However most are either in tertiary studies/part time jobs or apprentices and they certainly don't have the time to go to school clinics on a regular basis
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby dedja » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:45 am

and some are too thick to get a job ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby cennals05 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:47 am

maxyoz wrote:Then the SANFL clubs need to support and get involved with Auskick clinics, etc.

Glenelg do this very well.

And without being stereotypical, I would be surprised if all of the players on the CDFC list are 100% full time employed - I know they aren't at the Bay. Some of those players can go out to the schools and promote.

The SANFL clubs have at least one player that is employed by the SANFL for this. For Centrals it is Luke Habel and Jackson Potter also helps out, however I'm not sure if he is employed by the SANFL or Centrals . I know that they go out to schools all the time as my Mum does volunteer work at the club every week and they are always out at schools. Their roster of schools is up on a whiteboard in the offices.

They also have the schools play at half time of all SANFL matches. The AFL wanted this changed to Auskick but the clubs complained and it was reverted back to schools in the area.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:48 am

maxyoz wrote:That not every player at Central District would be Employed Full Time - I know there are players at Glenelg who aren't employed Full Time.

I was trying to avoid the Centrelink type comments that CDFC get lumbered with, but if you want to drag them in, go for it.

I'm not dragging them in, I sought clarification as to what you meant by employment.
Furthermore, if you didn't wish them to be dragged in, you'd have said what you meant from the start, instead of leaving a nice gap for others to guess at what you're saying.

As far as I'm aware, most blokes who are at senior level at SANFL clubs are either working or studying.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby cennals05 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:55 am

kickinit wrote:
Pretty easy to get a couple of hours off work too, plus you will be paid for the time your at the school. Also doesn't have to be players could be a couple of the people that work full time for the club.

How many people do you think work at SANFL clubs? They are running on a bare minimum and rely on volunteers to help them out. Do you expect the bar manager and the chef to head out to schools?

Players already get time off to make it to training and you expect them to then get another couple of hours off?

You seriously live in la la land.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby RB » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:28 pm

Benny Grieger didn't even get time off work to go to games on a couple of occasions, let alone visit schools.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby bennymacca » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:39 am

Hole shit the sky is falling in, reserves teams are too shit again after being too good last week
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby JK » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:47 am

bennymacca wrote:Hole shit the sky is falling in, reserves teams are too shit again after being too good last week

Port aren't, it's just your mob ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby kickinit » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:48 pm

bennymacca wrote:Hole shit the sky is falling in, reserves teams are too shit again after being too good last week

have you noticed how port win crows lose and all the talk stops? Think some posters don't not what to whinge about this week, too good or don't care. :lol:
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby LPH » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:51 pm

Not sure how often one needs to say that one doesn't want EITHER of them in the competition :?
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL