Crows 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2014

Postby DOC » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:38 pm

kickinit wrote:Port have made a statement about the jumper. I think this quote sums up if they should or shouldn't wear it.

The Crows have stated they are wearing the guernsey “to celebrate South Australian football”. Port Adelaide finds this reasoning peculiar given that wearing it in a Showdown will actually divide the state. This guernsey is a symbol of South Australian football unification, not division.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... e-guernsey

Well the state is already divided (on football terms) so I find the PAFC statement to be more than perculiar in itself.

Ports statement also says "Our club’s current and former South Australian born players are disappointed by the Crows’ decision".

South Australian Born? There were plenty of non South Australian born players in the state sides, and plenty of them from Port.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby kickinit » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:50 pm

DOC wrote:
kickinit wrote:Port have made a statement about the jumper. I think this quote sums up if they should or shouldn't wear it.

The Crows have stated they are wearing the guernsey “to celebrate South Australian football”. Port Adelaide finds this reasoning peculiar given that wearing it in a Showdown will actually divide the state. This guernsey is a symbol of South Australian football unification, not division.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... e-guernsey

Well the state is already divided (on football terms) so I find the PAFC statement to be more than perculiar in itself.

Ports statement also says "Our club’s current and former South Australian born players are disappointed by the Crows’ decision".

South Australian Born? There were plenty of non South Australian born players in the state sides, and plenty of them from Port.

So your saying if there was astute of origin half of SA football fans would support Victoria?
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby DOC » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:06 pm

No. I'm saying "There were plenty of non South Australian born players in the state sides, and plenty of them from Port" which means that you did not have to be born here to have represented the state, such as Jimmy Mikeljohn, Bomber Clifford, Tim Evans, Stephen Curtis etec.
DOC
Coach

Postby kickinit » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:09 pm

DOC wrote:No. I'm saying "There were plenty of non South Australian born players in the state sides, and plenty of them from Port" which means that you did not have to be born here to have represented the state, such as Jimmy Mikeljohn, Bomber Clifford, Tim Evans, Stephen Curtis etec.

Port are actually talking about how a state game brings all of SA football fans together to support 1 team, which can't be done when you have 2 SA teams playing against each other
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby DOC » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:20 pm

I think you are missing my point but we move on.

You can't start division and then complain that others are devisive. Unless you are the leader of the Labor party..........
DOC
Coach

Postby kickinit » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:51 pm

This could be wrong but i'm pretty sure back in early 2000 the state game change to a league representative game. Meaning you didn't play for the state you were from, you played for the state you played in. It would be pretty hard to get part time footballers to travel interstate for training.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Ruben Carter » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:12 pm

I'm amazed the Cows want to risk firing up the Power even more than usual. They have real difficulties competing in Showdowns as it is... It'll make our first win there against them even more special :lol:
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby stan » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:14 pm

DOC wrote:I think you are missing my point but we move on.

You can't start division and then complain that others are devisive. Unless you are the leader of the Labor party..........

DOC wrote:No. I'm saying "There were plenty of non South Australian born players in the state sides, and plenty of them from Port" which means that you did not have to be born here to have represented the state, such as Jimmy Mikeljohn, Bomber Clifford, Tim Evans, Stephen Curtis etec.

scoob wrote:
Stumps wrote:
scoob wrote:
Stumps wrote:If the 'Adelaide' in Adelaide crows is truly because we come from the city can you please not use our oval this year. Ta

I know our crowds dont matter but If everyone hated the crows so much why do we get so many more to our games? You won't answer these questions so il end on saying the crows got in first, they are the most popular team in the state and they can do whatever they like.
Why is it any of ports business?!!

So Collingwood can wear the Big V as they are the most popular club in Victoria? What a stupid comment. Seriously you have got to be doing some serious trolling there.

Its not about popularity is about relevence - The State Jumpe has nothing to do with the crows. Its got nothing to do with Port either - its more to do with that the fact that State jumper represents all SA not a particular club - no matter how popular they are.

It actually reeks of a club clawing for a history or heritage they do not yet have.

Overreacting. The crows started out by taking mainly sanfl players from all clubs to represent Adelaide and the state. The fact the whole set up has changed in terms of drafting etc and port coming into the comp are irrelevant the crows began as the team south australia support and this is why the jumper is being worn. Port have a superb history and one that the crows may be jealous of in fact. As iv said your prison bars are your heritage. Ours is being the original south australian team- I seriously can't believe this

Disregarding all the Loyal supporters that have continued to support their team prior to the Crows coming into the AFL.

If you actually think the the Crows represent the State in the same way the SA state team does then you my friend are delusional.

Stumps wrote:
scoob wrote:
Stumps wrote:If the 'Adelaide' in Adelaide crows is truly because we come from the city can you please not use our oval this year. Ta

I know our crowds dont matter but If everyone hated the crows so much why do we get so many more to our games? You won't answer these questions so il end on saying the crows got in first, they are the most popular team in the state and they can do whatever they like.
Why is it any of ports business?!!

So Collingwood can wear the Big V as they are the most popular club in Victoria? What a stupid comment. Seriously you have got to be doing some serious trolling there.

Its not about popularity is about relevence - The State Jumpe has nothing to do with the crows. Its got nothing to do with Port either - its more to do with that the fact that State jumper represents all SA not a particular club - no matter how popular they are.

It actually reeks of a club clawing for a history or heritage they do not yet have.

Overreacting. The crows started out by taking mainly sanfl players from all clubs to represent Adelaide and the state. The fact the whole set up has changed in terms of drafting etc and port coming into the comp are irrelevant the crows began as the team south australia support and this is why the jumper is being worn. Port have a superb history and one that the crows may be jealous of in fact. As iv said your prison bars are your heritage. Ours is being the original south australian team- I seriously can't believe this

I live in adelaide and dont support the crows. Whem the crows came in I still didn't support them.

I assume ill be deported soon?

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Pag » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:47 pm

kickinit wrote:this also shows why the crows shouldn't be wearing a SA guernsey
The Adelaide Football Club, the club of all South Australians, captained by a Western Australian, being deputised by two Victorians, spearhaded by a bloke from country NSW.

Yep, SA through and through.

Give me a break.

Matthew Pavlich can't wear this jumper but Shaun McKernan might. Wowee.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby LBT » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:49 am

Well I've certainly had a gut full of being treated like a piece of shit by a lot of the posters on this site for daring to follow a team from my home town, that I have a connection to and who were formed when i was only a kid. no one questions someone who started following the hawks in the 80's simply because they won all the time, nor someone who follows Sydney because they have the same colours as north. But because I follow The Crows I'm treated like some sort of second class citizen. Get a grip People, I see my SANFL team play 15-20 times a year and I see my AFL team Play 10-15 times a year and my deep down allegience will always be with Glenelg, but i dont follow an AFL team just to blow my own trumpet every September like some on this site do.
LBT
League - Best 21

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby stan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:42 am

LBT wrote:Well I've certainly had a gut full of being treated like a piece of shit by a lot of the posters on this site for daring to follow a team from my home town, that I have a connection to and who were formed when i was only a kid. no one questions someone who started following the hawks in the 80's simply because they won all the time, nor someone who follows Sydney because they have the same colours as north. But because I follow The Crows I'm treated like some sort of second class citizen. Get a grip People, I see my SANFL team play 15-20 times a year and I see my AFL team Play 10-15 times a year and my deep down allegience will always be with Glenelg, but i dont follow an AFL team just to blow my own trumpet every September like some on this site do.

Could be worse mate. Could be a port supporter ;)
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Johno6 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:07 am

Can we please send a health worker around LBT's house please before he does something he will regret.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:08 am

LBT wrote:Well I've certainly had a gut full of being treated like a piece of shit by a lot of the posters on this site for daring to follow a team from my home town, that I have a connection to and who were formed when i was only a kid. no one questions someone who started following the hawks in the 80's simply because they won all the time, nor someone who follows Sydney because they have the same colours as north. But because I follow The Crows I'm treated like some sort of second class citizen. Get a grip People, I see my SANFL team play 15-20 times a year and I see my AFL team Play 10-15 times a year and my deep down allegience will always be with Glenelg, but i dont follow an AFL team just to blow my own trumpet every September like some on this site do.

so we can't have a go at the crows, for anything now, just in case it offends you????

Just so you know i follow the swans not because they are red and white, but because at the young age of 9 (1991) i thought everyone went for the crows, so i wanted someone different to support... Looked at the ladder and saw the swans were bottom, jumped on board...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Johno6 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:11 am

I go for the eagles because my dad does
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:25 am

I go for North Melbourne coz of I was born in a small town north of Melbourne. It was also 1996..... ;)

(I was 8 when I decided they were the team for me)
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Johno6 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:27 am

HH3 wrote:I go for North Melbourne coz of I was born in a small town north of Melbourne. It was also 1996..... ;)

altho nobody wants my life story
I was born in Adelaide but at around 2-3 months I think it was I moved to perth for 10 years.

struggled to support myself for a while, nobody wants to hire a new born baby, but here I am today stronger than ever
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:29 am

Johno6 wrote:
HH3 wrote:I go for North Melbourne coz of I was born in a small town north of Melbourne. It was also 1996..... ;)

I was born in Adelaide but at around 2-3 months I think it was I moved to perth for 10 years.

struggled to support myself for a while, nobody wants to hire a new born baby, but here I am today stronger than ever

Playskool help desk?

baby_wearing_headset.jpg
baby_wearing_headset.jpg (23.42 KiB) Viewed 4375 times
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Hefty » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:43 am

Johno6 wrote:

And South Australia is a much better place having you back.
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:44 am

Lived here all my life but followed Richmond since I was 5 years old - 1969 won't change and never will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After Sturt beat my Bays in the 69 GF I was so upset as a 5 y.o. but the following week another Tiger side wearing almost the same jumper came out and smashed them I was so happy and that's when I started following Richmond.

I am disgusted with the Cows wearing the State Jumper. It is reserved for people who have earned the right to wear it not just given out to people who don't deserve it.

I didn't get my 1st state jumper until I was 38 when I represented the state at Super Rules, one of the proudest moments in my life.
Palming the ball to All Australian & Brownlow Medallist John Platten was one of the biggest highlights of my football career. We won the National title that year and after the game players from other states wanted to swap their jumper for ours. Not one player in the room swapped as we were all that proud of what we have achieved as for 90% of the players had never represented SA before and for most of us it was our last ever game we played.

It is a State Jumper to be worn by players representing their State not their Club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE THE CROWS EVEN MORE NOW THAN EVER. SMART-ARSE BASTARDS
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Johno6 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:45 am

Hefty wrote:
Johno6 wrote:

And South Australia is a much better place having you back.

nawwwwww........

you just want me to play D grade this year don't you!
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL