River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby anzacspirit » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:25 pm

kickittome wrote:Heard today that Aaron davey is heading to mannum this year? It was from a meningie local so not sure how true.
Who are the gsfl lads that are reportedly heading to mypolonga?
Meningie have got a good pick up in warmington from yank he will enjoy the bigger ground.

With mannum's current point situation they will have to play one or two under 17's each game, Davey will be more points, I doubt we would be looking at him but then again who knows what the Great Hally is planning.
anzacspirit
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mannum

Postby grasshopper22 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:41 pm

words of wisdom wrote:River Murray teams making a huge raid on the gsfl! Some very good pick ups to go along with a few ordinary ones...

Who are the ordinary ones wow?
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:24 pm

kickittome wrote:Heard today that Aaron davey is heading to mannum this year? It was from a meningie local so not sure how true.
Who are the gsfl lads that are reportedly heading to mypolonga?
Meningie have got a good pick up in warmington from yank he will enjoy the bigger ground.

I reckon Davey is playing for Richmond's VFL side http://www.richmondfc.com.au/vfl/vfl-playing-list
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby P.B » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:09 am

Yeah Im certain Mannum have 0 points to recruit.
P.B
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby biffboy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:41 am

Ruben Carter wrote:Imps 5th?? What are you smoking? :shock:

You could be right Ruben, talked recently to someone in the know & Imps will be stronger than I was thinking.

I had heard Wait, Harrowfield, Hall, Smyth, Kenny, Tyler & Seyers were all leaving but it should only be Wait, Harrowfield & Seyers while Smyth is a bit unknown. They will also regain Jordan Hollit, Altschwager (spelling?), Dwayne Wilson + have points to spare as well as the best bunch of kids around. Hopefully Sumner wont be to scared to use the kids as the great man Collo was
biffboy
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby From The Outer » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:28 pm

Only is a big word Biffboy. Smith won't be there and between the losses are 10 B&Fs, 4 Mail Medals and a heap of leading goal kicking awards. No club can replace that. The mighty blues will be under the pump. The kids may be good but they can never replace experienced smart footballers.
From The Outer
Under 16s

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Ruben Carter » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:43 pm

Sumner is a smart guy & will be a good coach. He will play the young kids and they'll finish top 3 this year. I think that 2-3 years down the track, they'll once again dominate the competition.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby P.B » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:53 am

Ruben Carter wrote:Sumner is a smart guy & will be a good coach. He will play the young kids and they'll finish top 3 this year. I think that 2-3 years down the track, they'll once again dominate the competition.

You'll get no argument from me in the other grades. But 3 flags in 13 years is hardly dominating the competition for all their might and resources!!! Dominating the minor round .... I'll give you that.

I've heard Tailem have picked up Ryan Lewis who formerly coached Yank in GSFL ... as well Matt Lokan and Nick Stevens when they're commitments at Glenelg allow them?
P.B
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:36 pm

P.B wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote:Sumner is a smart guy & will be a good coach. He will play the young kids and they'll finish top 3 this year. I think that 2-3 years down the track, they'll once again dominate the competition.

You'll get no argument from me in the other grades. But 3 flags in 13 years is hardly dominating the competition for all their might and resources!!! Dominating the minor round .... I'll give you that
I've heard Tailem have picked up Ryan Lewis who formerly coached Yank in GSFL ... as well Matt Lokan and Nick Stevens when they're commitments at Glenelg allow them?

Lewey will be a good get for Tailem if his body holds out. Can play and will be really good in the leadership stakes. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Panther32 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:37 am

Noticed former Meningie Coach Motlop has been suspended for 8 games and his record is being scrutinised as he has reached his 16 games.
Is this a reflection on how he was in the RMFL as I heard he was reported a number of times?
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Flukey » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:51 am

Well why am i not surprised by this - once a W@@@*** always a W????***

Former Port Adelaide star Daniel Motlop's career likely to be over after copping a nine-match suspension in NTFL

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6797761080
Flukey

Grassroots Team: Bordertown

Postby biffboy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:17 pm

Panther32 wrote:Noticed former Meningie Coach Motlop has been suspended for 8 games and his record is being scrutinised as he has reached his 16 games.
Is this a reflection on how he was in the RMFL as I heard he was reported a number of times?

Absolutely, he expected to come into the comp & dominate but he did far from that. He even said his team would go undefeated before he even saw a game in our comp. Clearly he got very frustrated and really couldn't coach. He was always mouthing of to umpires & throwing cheap shots behind play. Good ridden's I say, games better of without him at any level
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby biffboy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Heard from a pretty good source that Imps are heading down Mannums path and chasing under 18 players from SANFL level to try avoid using points. Supposedly have a gun from Port Adelaide on the way, a utility that can play most positions but the name slips my mind ATM

I thought there was a rule now so clubs couldn't use ex under 18's as zero pointers?
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby Chuck Wepner » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:22 pm

biffboy wrote:
Panther32 wrote:Noticed former Meningie Coach Motlop has been suspended for 8 games and his record is being scrutinised as he has reached his 16 games.

Absolutely, he expected to come into the comp & dominate but he did far from that. He even said his team would go undefeated before he even saw a game in our comp. Clearly he got very frustrated and really couldn't coach. He was always mouthing of to umpires & throwing cheap shots behind play. Good ridden's I say, games better of without him at any level

That'd be "riddance" I think....
I say no to drugs, but they don’t listen.
Chuck Wepner
Under 16s

Has liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: United Yeelanna

Postby biffboy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Chuck Wepner wrote:
biffboy wrote:

That'd be "riddance" I think....

Yeah, didn't think it looked right
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:16 pm

biffboy wrote:Heard from a pretty good source that Imps are heading down Mannums path and chasing under 18 players from SANFL level to try avoid using points. Supposedly have a gun from Port Adelaide on the way, a utility that can play most positions but the name slips my mind ATM

I thought there was a rule now so
clubs couldn't use ex under 18's as zero pointers?
2 points a pop nowadays I think

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby anzacspirit » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:15 pm

biffboy wrote:Heard from a pretty good source that Imps are heading down Mannums path and chasing under 18 players from SANFL level to try avoid using points. Supposedly have a gun from Port Adelaide on the way, a utility that can play most positions but the name slips my mind ATM

I thought there was a rule now so clubs couldn't use ex under 18's as zero pointers?

The RMFL closed the loophole we used to get Hales and Tonkes two seasons ago for 0 points. Unless IMPS have found another loophole they'll be using points on them.
anzacspirit
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Mannum

Postby grasshopper22 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:58 am

Honestly wouldn't have thought imps need to recruit at all, the depth they have is unbelievable. 5 ressies flags in a row I think it is, says abit, surely there's 5 boys in there that should be, and would be playing A grade at most other clubs in this league, ready to step up and be given the opportunity to get consistent A grade games under the belt.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times

Postby Greatbloke2386 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:44 pm

Heard a rumor flintoff on his way back to imps this year reckon he will play in a forward pocket some guys think he a gun good pick up if he does sign
Greatbloke2386
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby stork » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:40 am

Greatbloke2386 wrote:Heard a rumor flintoff on his way back to imps this year reckon he will play in a forward pocket some guys think he a gun good pick up if he does sign

you just asked if he was off to Two Wells in the APFL thread.... Man crush? Tolling? ... regardless a little odd
stork
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy