Been liked: 271 times

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Postby CoverKing » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:More?

:-BD

One fitty...

And that's all the club could find. Is that all or is there more?
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Big Phil » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:37 pm

CoverKing wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:More?

:-BD

One fitty...

And that's all the club could find. Is that all or is there more?

I'm pretty sure that is all of it...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby dedja » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:48 pm

I'm not sure anyone knows how much it was really ... it may or may not match the amount repaid.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby The Rooster » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 am

I seem to be banging on about this a fair bit, but correct me if I'm wrong this person has no legal case against him/her, so there should be no legal reason for not naming him besides possibly defamatory, but as everyone on here is more or less anonymous, does that matter anyway? Clearly No one on here knows who it is, No one in the Media knows who it is, I'm going to keep my suspicions on who it is -
Attachments
myst.png
myst.png (13.65 KiB) Viewed 3705 times
Sorry people I only deal in facts!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby RB » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:40 am

Most on here know who it is. No need to name them.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Cambridge Clarrie » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:03 pm

The Rooster wrote:I seem to be banging on about this a fair bit, but correct me if I'm wrong this person has no legal case against him/her, so there should be no legal reason for not naming him besides possibly defamatory, but as everyone on here is more or less anonymous, does that matter anyway? Clearly No one on here knows who it is, No one in the Media knows who it is, I'm going to keep my suspicions on who it is -

Possibly defamatory? Definitely defamatory.
"They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head"
Cambridge Clarrie
League - Best 21

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby topsywaldron » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:30 pm

Waiting with interest to see the blizzard of writs the ex CEO of Westies lodges against News Limited for defamation given he was effectively named in the Sunday Mail a few weeks back.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby teaoby » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:40 pm

Wont happen, because if he does sue, he will then have to prove that he didn't do the things said by the Tiser.
and im pretty sure a National news rag will have the funds to Lawyer him into the ground even further!
beards dont kill people, people with beards kill people
teaoby
Reserves

Has liked: 1 time

Postby SimonH » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:13 pm

It won't happen because here is the article, and it does not say who the thief is.

The following facts are stated in the article, and I would have thought are likely to be uncontroversially true:
1. Money has been discovered to be missing and the thief "may have" been a former employee
2. The exact time frame of the theft is unclear but it's "understood" to have fallen within Kym Russell's time as CEO, which spanned January 2009 to September 2013
3. Kym Russell tendered his resignation in September 2013.

If people want to draw certain inferences from the facts as stated, that's up to them. The article does not state who the thief is. It does not even state who it's likely to be or suspected of being. It only states that Andrew Collins is not linked to the theft in any way.

People should be pretty careful about throwing around accusations against particular people on internet fora, not just this forum on this issue, but generally. "We are anonymous and so we can say what we want with no consequences" is plumb foolishness—apart from the fact that SA Footy would be shut down, and Wedgie (who is effectively not anonymous) would potentially be bankrupted, in today's age do you really think that any competent IT geek hired by a lawyer for an intending plaintiff, would take more than about half an hour to find out your real name?

I say that without knowing whether anyone would sue, is interested in suing, could have a winning case if they did sue, has definitely done the dastardly act etcetera. But that's exactly the point—where you don't know, unless you're prepared to put your personal and financial future on the line that you're right, you don't play with fire. "Sure, I've not investigated it, have no first-hand knowledge, and I hadn't even spoken with anyone who did have first hand knowledge before posting the claim, but… it's the vibe… y'know, everyone knows that they really done it", is not a defence.
SimonH
Under 18s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby hottie » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:25 pm

The only problem is in this case is the person involved has alleged he loaned the club the large amount of money,the club have stated that the money was a donation,not a loan,if it was a loan surely all the paperwork involved would have been done appropiately.
hottie
Under 16s

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby Grahaml » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:51 pm

teaoby wrote:Wont happen, because if he does sue, he will then have to prove that he didn't do the things said by the Tiser.
and im pretty sure a National news rag will have the funds to Lawyer him into the ground even further!

This is incorrect. You have your burden of proof all mixed up. It would be the burden of proof on the plaintiff in a law suit to demonstrate damage, but if the defense claims truthfulness as a defense, they would have to prove the facts thy stated were true.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Aerie » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:55 pm

hottie wrote:The only problem is in this case is the person involved has alleged he loaned the club the large amount of money,the club have stated that the money was a donation,not a loan,if it was a loan surely all the paperwork involved would have been done appropiately.

That throws a bit of a spanner in the works.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby scoob » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:14 pm

ANy further word from the WAFC on this?

When are the board meeting, one would think they would maybe meet ASAP and deal with it. Or will they have a meeting in 2016 to discuss it so they dont have to release a statement/let their members know what has gone on til then?
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby Gozu » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:32 am

THREE members of West Adelaide Football Club's embattled board will not seek re-election at the club's Annual General Meeting in February.

Four board positions will become vacant at the AGM, where the board will present the findings of a year long financial review which is expected to shed more light on the disappearance of more than $100,000 from the club.

Wayne Henson and David Tidswell have both told the club they will not contest their positions on February 10, while new chief executive John Kantilaftas was required to step down.

Former SAPOL Assistant Commissioner Graeme Barton will contest his position, while president Richard Sykes will also stand for re-election.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6774463851
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 660 times

Postby beenreal » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Aerie wrote:
hottie wrote:The only problem is in this case is the person involved has alleged he loaned the club the large amount of money,the club have stated that the money was a donation,not a loan,if it was a loan surely all the paperwork involved would have been done appropiately.

That throws a bit of a spanner in the works.

If it was in fact a loan to the club, why did the family (allegedly) pay the money back to the club?
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby prowling panther » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:52 pm

That is the $100,000 question?
I wish my remembering was as good as my forgetting
prowling panther
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Dols » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:53 pm

How much do you think that westies have tried to bury this because West Torrens Council are such big supporters of the club. How much influence has the Mayor had being the father in law of the Ex CEO?
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby SANFLnut » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:58 am

If it was in fact a loan to the club, why did the family (allegedly) pay the money back to the club?

Isn't that how a loan usually works? You have permission from the club to have the money and then sometime in the future you return the money.
SANFLnut
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby wycbloods » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:14 am

How could a club that just made consecutive significant losses loan money to an employee in such a large amount?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL