What Game Are You Playing Now?

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:11 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Can you get Netflix on ps4 just like you can on PS3???

Yes I have watched Netflix through my PS4. Just install the app and go for it

cheers mate... I haven't got a ps4 but looking into getting one, so I just wanted to make sure..
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:50 pm

Netflix and Stan both work flawlessly on PS4. Also, I find that I get stuck watching heaps of shit on Youtube on it too. The only time I've watched any TV not through my PS4 was when my internet was down while moving house.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby HH3 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:56 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
HH3 wrote:@woodublieve12

I got No Mans Sky on Friday night. I reckon I've played close to 10 hours now, and i still dont know how I feel about it.

Its a lot like Minecraft, as in, lots of mining. LOTS!!!!

There's no real story, but I spent a fair bit of time on one planet, and after a few encounters with the local alien lifeforms, I got the jist of an alien war between them and the sentinals.

Really, its a mining and gear upgrading game. There is a loose storyline where you follow "Atlas", but its more of a help along thing I think. I've really just been doing my own thing mostly.

I've named a planet (Poopita). and some creatures, but finding my way back to that exact planet is almost impossible. I have found a planet someone else has already discovered, but its two star systems away, so I'll probably get there sometime tonight.

I enjoyed it most when I chucked Spotify on my headset and chilled out with just the SFX on, no music. Much like I play Minecraft.

Great write up... Cheers for this mate... This game isn't my typical game which I have said before but it just intrigues me... I may hate it but I really want to play it

Last night I found a nice looking planet, landed my ship and went for my first major walk around. Usually I'd see something as I was flying by, land, check it out, then jump back in my ship.

This time, I landed, and just started walking. it was amazing how much stuff I found. You think the planets are massive when you're flying, but when you walk long distances, you really see just how amazing it really is.

I was out there for well over an hour before I stumbled upon a base where I could call my ship back to me. I had found so many outposts that I would have just flown by, and also scanned most of the flora. There happened to be no fauna on this planet.

I also got into some dogfights in space, which is pretty intense when your ships shields haven't been upgraded for a long time.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:52 am

played COD black ops last night for the first time in a while, not much has changed. I am still sh*t... enjoyed it though...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:49 am

Over the weekend I got on a winning streak on Madden 16 and took the Texans to an 11-5 record.

I beat the Chargers in the Divisional game 38-3. Went into the AFC Championship game hot favourites against the Bills, but got blown out. Just couldn't finish drives.

Rookie WR Will Fuller (who is a new rookie this year in real life but I have this years draft class downloaded) ended the season as the best receiver in the league in both yards and TD's. I play him as the 3rd receiver. He lines up at slot mostly, and I exploit his speed when the LB's match up on him. Deep crosses for days.

The draft in 16 is the best its been for a while. I got an 80 overall FS, and a low overall white HB, who is super strong. His rating drops because he's not very elusive, but thats fine, because I got him as a 3rd down back, who will come in and just run over c**ts.

I also traded Kareem Jackson (CB) and my first round pick (30) for the Titans first round pick (8) and took the Heisman winning CB, who is an 81 overall.

One of my late pick was a low rated, but very quick RE. He has some size about him too, so I'll be working on his power move attributes.

I got a terrible rated QB, who had the best athletic stats from the combine, but can't throw. I'm gonna switch him to WR next season and see if he can catch. He's my 3rd string QB behind Osweiler and Savage for now, just incase. If I have to use him, he will be scrambling a shitload.

I traded my 6th and 7th round picks away for future picks, coz the draft was pretty shallow, and I was probably just gonna cut anyone I picked at that point.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:27 am

I enjoy thes posts. good work...

Do you play every game and if so what difficulty do you play it on?

Also do you have a youtube channel for your gaming?
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:06 pm

Thanks mate. I take my sport games seriously.

I play every game on Madden and NHL. I sim games on MLB The Show because a season would take me way too long.

I play on All-Pro with sliders set to decrease QB accuracy, decrease catching, decrease blocking, decrease pass coverage reaction time and decrease punt and kick accuracy. It makes the game feel a lot more real. Players actually f**k up. You don't get QB's throwing 19/21 for 400 yards and huge scores.

I have a channel, and a few crappy videos. There's a DeAndre Hopkins highlight video in the works. The best video on there is a highlight one I made of a game I played when I was part of the OzeSports online league. Those guys are intense and know their shit. I inherited a depleted Jaguars side. I had only one win for the season, but everyone was pretty impressed coz that side was terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnf2Gd ... i9r9GAnLBA
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Anyone else played the Battlefield 1 beta?

I know @Johno6 has because he invited me to a game, but I didn't see it til really late. Sorry mate.

The graphics are good, and it feels a lot more realistic. As in people die when you shoot them. Every time. The old school weapons and vehicles are a good change too.

Also, at one point I was sniped in the head, and the sound through my headphones was sickening. Also, my tin helmet flew off. Loved that bit of authenticity.

It does get a bit boring being on the same map all the time, but I will definitely be getting the full game when it comes out.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:24 am

I had already pre ordered it, but im pretty keen for it.
looks pretty polished, and graphics and some detail looks very nice.

agree tho on getting bored with same map, but cant expect too much for a beta.

there are guys on level 48 already, they must not of slept since it came out!
ive only played a handful of games, but I am expecting a lot from the full game when it comes out
im hoping to avoid COD this time, for once.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby HH3 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:54 pm

Just a heads up!!! All Battlefield 4 DLC is free at the moment, in the lead up to the release of BF1

I stopped playing 4 because I didnt wanna fork out the cash, and the original maps were pretty empty.

Gonna jump back on tonight.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:46 pm

I downloaded the china rising ones a little while ago, im assuming there apart of the ones your talking about?

the fact you can cruise around on dirt bikes is pretty cool

but since they have done the update to it to make the main menu etc look like BF1 its been shitty finding games some nights.

anyway

tomorrow is NBA 2k17 day

absolutely ******* pumped
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby HH3 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:55 pm

Yeah

China Rising
Night Operations
Community Operations
Legacy Operations
Final Stand
Second Assault
Dragons Teeth
Naval Strike

All free.

I like NBA2K16, but it takes so long to get through a season that I get about halfway through and I stop playing. I dont like simming. But I might need to sort out a system where I play the first game of every week or something.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:43 pm

Last night I cranked MLB The Show 15 back up and got back into my Franchise.

So right now, I've just finished my 4th season. My first 3 seasons were as the GM for the Houston Astros (my team). My three year contract played out like this.

2015 - Sub .500 season (missed playoffs)
2016 - Above .500 (Lost in the World Championship series to the Washington Nationals)
2017 - Above .500 (Won the World Championship, again against the Washington Nationals)

Over the first two seasons, I had worked my management magic
- signed Adrian Beltre from Free Agency
- traded 1B Chris Carter to the Rockies for Corey Dickerson
- developed AAA 1B Max Muncy into a HR machine and a dependable first baseman
- signed Jose Bautista from Free Agency
- traded some good up and coming AAA players to Milwaukee for C Jonathan Lucroy

This built the foundation for a World Series winning team.

My contract expired at this point, and I was offered a renewal, but thought I could do with a sea change after over 486 games with the Astros. I weighed up the offers and signed as GM of the Boston Red Sox. They had missed the playoffs with a sub .500 record. I thought it would be a good test for me.

They had a decent 4 or 5 hitters including Pablo Sandoval, Mookie Betts and Dustin Pedroia and a really good but injury prone Yoan Moncada.

I play the first game of every week, and sim the rest. MLB The Show is the only sports game I have confidence in simming, because it actually factors skill and current form into results. It works out to about 32 games a season I actually play. Plus all playoffs.

The team went 98-64 (my best record to date) and went straight into the American League Divisional Series. The Toronto Blue Jays won the Wild Card Series and matched up with us.

In the best of 5 series, we swept them 3-0.

This set us up against the Seattle Mariners in the American League Conference Series. We also swept them 3-0. Keeping an unbeaten playoff drive in tact.

This set up a World Series match up with the Pittsburgh Pirates in a best of 7 series. We won the first 3 games, but dropped the 4th. In the 5th game, we took it to 12 innings and eventually won 4-2.

World Champions in my first season at the helm.

So now I'll be starting the offseason tonight. I will be going after Astros 1B Max Muncy (who I developed) aggressively, as our best 1B now is barely AAA caliber.

I may also trade away some older players like Sandoval while they still have some value, and pick up some of the better young Minor League players.
Would also be beneficial to free up some cash, because its a bit tight with a few overpaid guys from before my tenure.

Stay tuned.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:19 am

Played through the offseason last night. Took about an hour.

Baseball contract negotiations are pretty intricate. They have arbitration, where the club and the player both name their price, then a court decides on the outcome. So say I want to pay a 34 year old pitcher $2m a year for 4 years, and he wants $4m a year for 4 years, the court will look at if he's worth what he's asking and we're just low balling, or if he's trying to get more out of his last contract. Usually they find somewhere in the middle.

They also have "qualifying offers" where you offer your out of contract player a 1 year contract, at inflated prices (usually around $12m) and if another team beats it, you get a compensation pick in the draft. If they don't beat it, you overpay your player for a year. You can also choose just to not resign him, and he goes into the free agency pool.

I kept most of my lineup in tact. However I did go after a couple of Astros that I had spent a heap of time developing while I was there.

I traded away Pablo Sandoval for Max Muncy and SP Dallas Keuchel. This was a massive trade, as both incoming players will make an immediate impact on the field. Sandoval is a good power hitter, but is a big fatty, so getting on base can be a problem if its not a crisp shot into the gaps.

I also saw former Astro 3B Matt Dominguez available in free agency so got him on a 3 year deal, beating out the Yankees in the bidding war. While his attributes don't look too great, for some reason I could hit really well with him.

With the MLB roster sorted, I resigned all of the AAA players that might make the leap to the Majors, but let all of the lower guys contracts expire. Then I spent about 20 minutes going through the free agent pool, filling the 2 minor league sides. I looked for guys under 24, with at least a "B" potential grade, and also looked at players that could hit. Both minor league sides missed playoffs last season.

I simmed Spring Training, which is their version of the NAB Cup, and played the first game of the season, at Toronto.

The top of the order (returning players from last season) weren't hitting very well. Then new player Matt Dominguez steps up to the plate. Home run with his first hit for Boston.

Next up, the other new player, Max Muncy, hit a ball in play for a double, and eventually makes in around to home for a run.

I'm looking like a f**kin genius at this stage.

Ended up winning the game 5-4 to start the season with a W.

And crawled into bed at 1:45am. Mrs wasn't too impressed, but we're going for back to back this season baby!
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:05 pm

Quick update on MLB.

Max Muncy, my developmental project player is leading the league in batting average with over .400. Dominguez is not fairing as well, but the last game I played I homered with him in Baltimore.

Last time I played it, I think our record was 9-6, leading the division.

Anyway, last night I cranked up Dragon Age: Inquisition for the first time in a year, Glad I did. I think this will be taking up heaps of my time for the foreseeable future.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:13 pm

Been smashing FIFA 17.

The Journey storyline is quite good
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby HH3 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:48 pm

I played the Fifa demo. Seemed so similar to 15 (last one I bought) that I dont see the need for an upgrade.

Im downloading The Witcher 3 for the Mrs to play while Im at gridiron.

Apparently its really good. I'll give it a crack once Im done with Dragon Age. Don't wanna mix up my lore.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:26 pm

The Walking Dead: Michonne. Another great instalment of the Walking Dead Telltale game series
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10367 times
Been liked: 1523 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:27 pm

The Walking Dead: Michonne. Another great instalment of the Walking Dead Telltale game series
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10367 times
Been liked: 1523 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:27 am

Downloaded Paladins on Steam last night. I've been giving the Mrs some PS4 time for The Witcher, so needed to find something to do.

I'm terrible with keyboard controls, so I plug my Xbox 360 usb controller into the PC. Our monitors massive, and we have a decent Logitec speaker setup, so the game was intense last night.

Paladins is pretty much a MOBA, from an FPS perspective. Pretty much Overwatch, but Free to Play. I played for 2 hours straight, which I don't usually do in online FPS games. I only got off because the Mrs went to bed and I was in the mood for some NHL with the season just kicking off this week.

You collect cards, that can be earned in loot crates, or bought with in game credits. Being Free to Play, some games get into the habit of making it a grind fest to unlock anything, pretty much forcing you to buy credits with real money. Not this one - so far. Two hours worth of play I earned about 4000 credits. Each ability card is 1200 credits, so I was buying a new one every few games.

There's also heaps of cosmetic stuff to buy with credits, so with heaps of Champions in the game, there's heaps of replay-ability to unlock everything.

The ability system is well thought out, with a card based system, where you set your 5 card deck before each match.

The game modes are different to what I've played before, which is refreshing.

The game will be getting released on console in the near future too.

This is not me, but its the Champion I've been using - Drogoz.

I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets