Advice - Help me get a new Smart Phone

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: Advice - Help me get a new Smart Phone

Postby Westsider » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:02 pm

kickinit wrote:
smac wrote:You'll have to download again, but any payment made should be on the Google account.

You will lose data attached to apps (game progress, stored emails etc) unless you actively look for a solution to that for each app.

Photos and videos should be on the micro sd, but check before wiping/disposing the old phone.

you'd think they would of made a program by now like iTunes to sync new and old phones.

Standard Apple Fanboi comment. Everything can be backed up and restored to your new phone.

All apps only need to be paid for once. Can even install on multiple devices if you use the same google ID.
Westsider
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:38 am

kickinit wrote:
smac wrote:You'll have to download again, but any payment made should be on the Google account.

You will lose data attached to apps (game progress, stored emails etc) unless you actively look for a solution to that for each app.

Photos and videos should be on the micro sd, but check before wiping/disposing the old phone.

you'd think they would of made a program by now like iTunes to sync new and old phones.

Oh god. Dont even say that in jest. Itunes is the worst thing about an Iphone, not a selling point!
Armchair expert wrote:Such a great club are Geelong
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2151 times
Been liked: 4090 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby kickinit » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Wedgie wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Oh god. Dont even say that in jest. Itunes is the worst thing about an Iphone, not a selling point!

and whats the problem with iTunes?
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Westsider » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:03 pm

kickinit wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
kickinit wrote:

and whats the problem with iTunes?

Just to begin: That you even have to use it to put a file on your phone.
Westsider
League - Best 21

Postby Dog_ger » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Your worst iphone/ipad/ipod nightmare.... :shock:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/technolog ... 6429602281
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Been liked: 19 times

Postby Westsider » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:16 pm

What a load of crap.

I'll sell adaptors to any member of SA Footy for $5. And still make a profit of 50%!

Also this isn't a new story, was released over a month ago. Just standard Adelaide Now sensationalist journalism.
Westsider
League - Best 21

Postby kickinit » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:58 pm

U don't have to use iTunes to put a file on an iPhone you can email it to yourself. Any other reason's or you just being a typical windows fan boy that loves viruses and malware
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Westsider » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:28 pm

kickinit wrote:U don't have to use iTunes to put a file on an iPhone you can email it to yourself. Any other reason's or you just being a typical windows fan boy that loves viruses and malware

What's windows got to do with it?

You want to email yourself 100gb of mp3s, photos, pdfs etc? Taking up your quota on outgoing and incoming emails?

Plug any Android or Windows phone into a computer and transfer immediately. Any computer, any time, any where.
Westsider
League - Best 21

Postby kickinit » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Oh so you still have to hook you android up the computer. So u put your files into iTunes then sync your iPhone over wifi and there are your files. The whole point of iTunes is that everything is there in place u hit one button and it transfer everything for u. If that ur only argument for why iTunes is crap then maybe you shouldn't comment on it as it just makes you look like another windows fan boy trying to put down apple products with nothing to back yourself up
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:46 pm

dude, I used to own an Iphone, Itunes is a heap of crap, its so nice now just being able to drag and drop and not have to worry about converting movies I download. They syncing with Itunes was a heap of carp.
I doubt I'll ever own an Apple anything ever again if I have to use Itunes.

I'm not sure what windows has to do with it as I used to have windows on my pc when I had my iphone.

Don't get me wrong, if I was recommending a smartphone to my parents who are less IT savvy I'd recommend an IPhone as they're a good product which you can hardly customise but very easy to use. A good range of accessories too.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Westsider » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:51 pm

kickinit wrote:Oh so you still have to hook you android up the computer. So u put your files into iTunes then sync your iPhone over wifi and there are your files. The whole point of iTunes is that everything is there in place u hit one button and it transfer everything for u. If that ur only argument for why iTunes is crap then maybe you shouldn't comment on it as it just makes you look like another windows fan boy trying to put down apple products with nothing to back yourself up

Considering I use android phones and linux at home, I'm hardly a Windows fanboi.
Westsider
League - Best 21

Postby kickinit » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:08 am

so if iTunes is a heap of crap then why is it the biggest music store in the world?
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:21 am

kickinit wrote:so if iTunes is a heap of crap then why is it the biggest music store in the world?

Because the largest selling phone and tablet force their users to use it so they can profit from it. Quite obvious I would have thought, noone in their right mind would use it by choice.
I miss the days of syncing failing, having to rebuy apps and having to spend hours converting video like a hole in head. Probably be even harder to go back to now Im used to a great phone with a simple drag and drop facility that I can download and unzip torrents to directly.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby kickinit » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:47 am

Wedgie wrote:
kickinit wrote:so if iTunes is a heap of crap then why is it the biggest music store in the world?

Because the largest selling phone and tablet force their users to use it so they can profit from it. Quite obvious I would have thought, noone in their right mind would use it by choice.
I miss the days of syncing failing, having to rebuy apps and having to spend hours converting video like a hole in head. Probably be even harder to go back to now Im used to a great phone with a simple drag and drop facility that I can download and unzip torrents to directly.

so in other words you now just make up stuff to justify why iTunes is crap. There are heaps of people that use iTunes that don't have a device that use it, because its does what it designed to do and it's easy to use. You also don't have to use the iTunes to store for your music if you have a iPhone or iPad. I've never had sync failing and never heard about it unless it been operator caused. Never had to rebut apps and if that does happen thats got to do with the app store not iTunes. And spending hours of converting video mate i think you need to put your phone away and go out and get a life. So any other reason why you think iTunes is crappy or its that your problem?
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Oh dear. Lots of people drink VB and drive Commodores so I must go out and do the same thing as theyre obviously the best beer and cars.
Youre obviously too much of a fan boy to see any logic, while Ill continue to use what is best. I work in IT and my fellow workers found great humour in your post. As long as you enjoy using inferior bulky software to do something simple just because it has a piece of fruit on it then good on you, each to their own. As I said before Apple make great products for those who aren't tech savvy just like Carlton United make great products for those who don't have a palette. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tipper » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:29 pm

hey, can i be a fanboi too? i have an iphone, but i think itunes is crap too, which fanboi camp does that put me in??
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby kickinit » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Wedgie wrote:Oh dear. Lots of people drink VB and drive Commodores so I must go out and do the same thing as theyre obviously the best beer and cars.
Youre obviously too much of a fan boy to see any logic, while Ill continue to use what is best. I work in IT and my fellow workers found great humour in your post. As long as you enjoy using inferior bulky software to do something simple just because it has a piece of fruit on it then good on you, each to their own. As I said before Apple make great products for those who aren't tech savvy just like Carlton United make great products for those who don't have a palette. :lol:

but you still haven't given me more then 1 stupid reason why iTunes is crap. You think its crap because you have to put files you want to transfer to your device. So i go buy a new cd or a album off iTunes load it into iTunes then sync my device over wifi a lot quicker then drag and drop and don't have to worry about plugging in a cable to sync it. Give more then one petty excuse why iTunes is crap, thats right you can't. If you can't give me another reason then obviously you just failed to back up your point.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby tipper » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:06 pm

ok then, say i buy a dvd, i load it into my computer, then i have to convert and load it into itunes before i can sync it to my phone so i can watch i on the bus on the way to work. a lot harder than drag and drop as it isnt compaible with the rest of the software that i use due to apples restrictive rules, and i still have to plug it in using a stupid cable cos i dont have a wireless router (androids do wifi as well anyway dont they??)

and i have to do that with every dvd i want to watch on the bus, which takes up twice the hard drive space (the "normal" copy and the itunes copy) and much more time than it would if i had an android. anyway, how is using itunes easier than drag and drop? you still have to find the file, move it to itunes, then sync. with an android you just move it to the phone, 1 less step....
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby kickinit » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Oh I didn't know you can just load a DVD into a drive and copy its contents to the phone. iTunes is just the same as drag and drop folder. You still have to rip the DVD into a formatt that your phone can use.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:24 pm

Maccas is the world's most popular restaurant ergo makes the best food in the world.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2397 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets