What Game Are You Playing Now?

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:18 pm

Most disappointing games of 2014...

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:25 pm

I got Dragon Age: Inquisition on Saturday and to say it is a good game is an understatement.

Ive played for about 8-10 hours, and there is just so much to do and see.

The combat is awesome, and the story is good so far too. Thats saying a lot, because Im usually not one for all the fantasy mumbo jumbo.

Also, FIFA update!!!!

I coached Australia to an unlikely World Cup win in 2018. And just about to embark on the Premier League after getting Championship team Burnley back up to the big show.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby HH3 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:21 am

Well, I lost my Fifa save game because apparently the auto-save feature doesn't apply to the different files you make at the start of each career. I started a My Pro game and it overwrote my manager career.

So that about 100 hours gone, 3 championships and a world cup win gone.

Now Im gonna start again on World Class and see how I go. Im Adelaide United again. Beat Perth 1-0 in week 1.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:03 am

HH3 wrote:Well, I lost my Fifa save game because apparently the auto-save feature doesn't apply to the different files you make at the start of each career. I started a My Pro game and it overwrote my manager career.

Now Im gonna start again on World Class and see how I go. Im Adelaide United again. Beat Perth 1-0 in week 1.

That makes me angry just reading that!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:30 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
HH3 wrote:Well, I lost my Fifa save game because apparently the auto-save feature doesn't apply to the different files you make at the start of each career. I started a My Pro game and it overwrote my manager career.

That makes me angry just reading that!!!

Lucky im such a level headed person, coz that controller was THIS F**KIN CLOSE to going through the telly!

But I've actually started a world class career with QPR, coz apparently all world class difficulty does to A-League teams is make them unfit, slow and cant complete a pass. Very frustrating.

First game as QPR was a friendly with Dortmund. QPR go up with a header in the 40th minute. Dortmund respond INSTANTLY. Then after a very even second half, Dortmund score an impossible goal in the 92nd f**kin minute! Rigged!

I resorted to playing The Crew for most of the night, coz Fifa was pissing me off!
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:47 am

Here's me getting arse raped by EA in the Capital One Cup.

1-1 at full time. Taarabt scores in first overtime, QPR hold Sunderland off for 99.9% of the game, then BOOM! Sunderland score the goal of the year from nowhere.

Goes to penalties, which are just rigged anyway. Sunderland win! **** BULLSHIT!!!

It pisses me off, but I just can't stop playing the f**kin game!

Skip to the 7 minute mark to see the most bullshit goal you'll see (until i play it tonight)

I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby cossi11 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:11 am

HH3 wrote:Here's me getting arse raped by EA in the Capital One Cup.

1-1 at full time. Taarabt scores in first overtime, QPR hold Sunderland off for 99.9% of the game, then BOOM! Sunderland score the goal of the year from nowhere.

Goes to penalties, which are just rigged anyway. Sunderland win! **** BULLSHIT!!!

Skip to the 7 minute mark to see the most bullshit goal you'll see (until i play it tonight)

Haha yeh that is BS!!! I am yet to take on World Class, probably be my next move as I am dominating the Spanish League with Espanyol.

Ended out finishing 5th last season after sitting 2nd or higher for the majority of the season. Was pretty pi$$ed but I won the Community Spanish Cup whatever it is (previous year top of the league v previous year Spanish Cup winner) and now I haven't lost a game in this season and am sitting 4 points clear of second (15 games in) beating Barcelona and Real Madrid in the process and have qualified for the knockout phase of the Europa.

I did sneakily apply for Real Madrids job but my credentials were not good enough apparently!
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:17 am

cossi11 wrote:

Haha yeh that is BS!!! I am yet to take on World Class, probably be my next move as I am dominating the Spanish League with Espanyol.

Ended out finishing 5th last season after sitting 2nd or higher for the majority of the season. Was pretty pi$$ed but I won the Community Spanish Cup whatever it is (previous year top of the league v previous year Spanish Cup winner) and now I haven't lost a game in this season and am sitting 4 points clear of second (15 games in) beating Barcelona and Real Madrid in the process and have qualified for the knockout phase of the Europa.

I did sneakily apply for Real Madrids job but my credentials were not good enough apparently!

This is my first crack at World Class. It was too easy on Professional. I won the Championship with Burnley with about 7 games to go. Then the first few games in the Premier League were not very challenging, even against top teams.

The jump up the World Class is a big one though. Might get 5 shots off if im lucky. 3 or 4 of them are usually rushed, and nowhere near the goal.

I've also set the finances to "strict". This is gonna be hard. I'll probably be managing Luton by next season :lol:
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:32 am

Currently in chapter 3 of The Evil Within. Not entirely sure what is going on. Very challenging so far, and a rather creepy game.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby cossi11 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:53 am

cossi11 wrote:

Just got to the halfway mark of the season (Jan transfer window) and have dropped 2 games now in the league but am sitting top still. Real Madrid have just approached me now? I want to take the job but I want to finish what I have started with Espanyol gggrrrr, wana do the treble with them! I have currently stalled negotiations with them, would prefer to go back to the Premier League
cossi11
League - Top 5

Postby cossi11 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:54 am

Football Manager 2015 just been delivered... I'll be occupied for a few months now
cossi11
League - Top 5

Postby HH3 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:05 am

I've been playing Fifa Ultimate Team the last few days.

Gone from Divvy 10 to Divvy 8, with some pretty good games. One interesting one where I was using the red Adelaide United kit, and the other clown picked the red Liverpool kit. Could not tell who was my guy and who was his. I won 2-1 in the flukiest, messiest game Ive ever played.

Set up a team for the Asian Cup tournament. I had to have at least 6 Aussies in the starting 11. I made the mistake of getting Aussie defenders, and having world class forwards. The other guy had people spread out, and his offense just ran around my defense. Ended up losing 7-0.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby mickey » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:01 pm

cossi11 wrote:Football Manager 2015 just been delivered... I'll be occupied for a few months now

Does that mean no more cleaning up on the poker tables?
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby cossi11 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:35 pm

mickey wrote:
cossi11 wrote:Football Manager 2015 just been delivered... I'll be occupied for a few months now

Does that mean no more cleaning up on the poker tables?

No way... I'll still endeavour to do that :D
cossi11
League - Top 5

Postby HH3 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:31 pm

Downloaded NHL 15 on PS4 on the weekend for $35

Very big learning curve, and I had to learn a lot of the lingo and rules.

Loving it so far.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:33 am

Since my last post I've been a tad busy with games.

I bought -

Cities: Skylines PC

Think SimCity, but better, and more in depth. The economy model as well as the building tools are second to none. The only gripe I have with the game is that you need to have Steam to play it.

This brings me to the second game (I only bought it because of a damn Steam Sale)

Dead Island PC

Plugged in my USB Xbox controller to the PC coz I can't play games with the keyboard and mouse. Pretty annoying storyline, but some good zombie bashing fun.

Monopoly Plus PS4

Got this to play with the missus. We only have one controller, so she plays with the "second screen" feature on the PS4 app on her iPad.

Very long games, but heaps of fun, until everything starts to unravel. Fun online too.

Trivial Pursuit Live PS4

Quiz show format, nothing like the board game, and waste of money.

I have also joined OzeSports Madden league. Struggling, but lots of fun being in a proper 32 team online league.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:35 am

Have further enhanced my games collection since the last post.

MLB 15 The Show PS4

The best sports game on the PS4. Everything is done correctly, and menus/stats/attributes pages are not clunky like EA made games.

Im playing Road To The Show, mainly because a Franchise season will take about 100 gaming hours to complete, unless I sim some games (which I dont like doing).

This game has made pitching fun, which wasn't the case in the last MLB game I played, MLB2K11. And the batting (once I got the hang of it) is realistic and challenging. No big HR's with my pissy little pitcher.

Got drafted by the Brewers in the 4th round, and played AA for the Biloxi Shuckers, and now currently playing AAA ball for the Colorado Springs Sky Sox (I love Minor League team names)

PlanetSide 2 beta PS4

Only got on this for a few minutes last night, but looks very good for a Free To Play game. Massive open world FPS with hundreds of people on the same map.

3 factions, all against each other, all the time. This makes it a little bit more difficult, because you always have two enemy armies to look out for.

Bloodborne PS4

Motherf**Kin BLOODBORNE!!!

Anyone thats played it will know it looks like it would be a good game, IF you could get past the first checkpoint. I've seriously played this game for hours, and got 4 minutes into the game. Then continuously died looking for the next checkpoint.

This is the most unforgiving game I've ever played.

I lent it to my brother (who's pretty good at these sorts of games) and he's stuck at the same part. We've both cracked the shits with it now. I'm sure Ill come back to it in the future.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:18 am

HH3 wrote:Have further enhanced my games collection since the last post.

MLB 15 The Show PS4

The best sports game on the PS4. Everything is done correctly, and menus/stats/attributes pages are not clunky like EA made games.

Im playing Road To The Show, mainly because a Franchise season will take about 100 gaming hours to complete, unless I sim some games (which I dont like doing).

This game has made pitching fun, which wasn't the case in the last MLB game I played, MLB2K11. And the batting (once I got the hang of it) is realistic and challenging. No big HR's with my pissy little pitcher.

Got drafted by the Brewers in the 4th round, and played AA for the Biloxi Shuckers, and now currently playing AAA ball for the Colorado Springs Sky Sox (I love Minor League team names)

ive mentioned this franchise quite a bit on here. I've got 14, haven't decided to get 15 yet. But i really enjoy the gameplay.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:01 am

Finally got into the pitching rotation with the Brewers. About halfway through the 2016 season.

The dynamic difficulty is good, but it kind of punishes you when you get good. At least you don't have the "am I playing on the right difficulty" thing going on in your head when you get 10 strikeouts in a game.

I was very close to asking for a trade before the call-up, but now Im happy to be the 5th pitcher, with the Brewers sitting on the top of the table. I'll be demanding big money if we win the World Series my first season in the Show.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:45 am

Bought a ps4 yesterday.
Got nba. The order. Blood borne and drive club.

Add me johno-born
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets