Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Postby Farva » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:27 pm

We have a group heading down on Friday for the day.
Farva
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:40 pm

The Vines, Woodcroft next Thursday.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10815 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:49 pm

Excellent, see you on the first tee
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11911 times
Been liked: 3626 times

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:03 am

Hacked my way around North Haven on Wednesday to loosen up for Thursday. Hit 'em ok, 4 iron was working a charm, ended up using it off most tee's and fairways. Putting was horrible, haven't played for about 3 months and didn't have any practice on the warm up green to get some reads of the speed.

Looking forward to Thursday, anyone familiar with the Vines there, what can I expect?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:10 am

Booney wrote:Hacked my way around North Haven on Wednesday to loosen up for Thursday. Hit 'em ok, 4 iron was working a charm, ended up using it off most tee's and fairways. Putting was horrible, haven't played for about 3 months and didn't have any practice on the warm up green to get some reads of the speed.

Looking forward to Thursday, anyone familiar with the Vines there, what can I expect?

Putter running cold? Speak to Karrie Webb, couldn't get one to drop after the 6th yesterday. Rest of her game was going well though.

Did get a laugh yesterday on the way out with her and caddie dumping the bag and changing shoes in the car park like a true club golfer into a sponsor provided car after the round.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:31 am

Booney wrote:Hacked my way around North Haven on Wednesday to loosen up for Thursday. Hit 'em ok, 4 iron was working a charm, ended up using it off most tee's and fairways. Putting was horrible, haven't played for about 3 months and didn't have any practice on the warm up green to get some reads of the speed.

You will have nice fairways to look forward too.
Greens are fairly easy to read but not overly consistent.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:31 am

played there a couple of times, course was in very good nick, though the layout was somewhat uninspiring. Not bad by any means, just no holes that make you go wow thats interesting
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby carey » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:03 pm

heater31 wrote:

Putter running cold? Speak to Karrie Webb, couldn't get one to drop after the 6th yesterday. Rest of her game was going well though.

Did get a laugh yesterday on the way out with her and caddie dumping the bag and changing shoes in the car park like a true club golfer into a sponsor provided car after the round.

She probably couldn't drop a putt as her nipples were hard for 18 holes! Couldn't believe it.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby RooShootOhh » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:21 pm

carey wrote:
heater31 wrote:

She probably couldn't drop a putt as her nipples were hard for 18 holes! Couldn't believe it.

Pics or GTFO :lol:
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:32 pm

Pics of Karrie Webb's nipples? :shock:

I hope none exist.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:23 am

If teeing off at The Vines make it before 11am as they have a group of 6 that go around
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby carey » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:05 am

Booney wrote:Pics of Karrie Webb's nipples? :shock:

I hope none exist.

we've all done extremely worse....

*****Note******* We I say me I clearly mean 'ME' and hoping someone else admits there drunken mistakes also.
carey
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:17 am

*Expressions of interest*

Ok men, I've still got the two Groupons for a round of 4 at the Vines, Woodcroft. To be blunt, I'm getting ****** around by the customers I have offered them too and I am giving two customers until Friday afternoon to book in for some time in the next two weeks. Our industry ( construction ) is busy at the moment with lots of tendering going on and I'm having trouble booking people in. Last Thursdays round was cancelled by the customer on the Wednesday morning....not happy.

If they do not, who, at short notice, can take up a round and a beer? It will be a weekday and I might make you wear a company hat to get some photos as my "customers".

I suggest on will be next week, perhaps Thursday 10th or Friday 11th March, the other may be Wednesday 16th March.

I can't make any promises and I can't book you in just yet, but if I don't get customers on board ( granted, it is a very busy time in our industry ) I might be looking for some fill ins.

So, express your interest below and I'll be back to you in the next two days.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:13 pm

Booney wrote:*Expressions of interest*

Ok men, I've still got the two Groupons for a round of 4 at the Vines, Woodcroft. To be blunt, I'm getting ****** around by the customers I have offered them too and I am giving two customers until Friday afternoon to book in for some time in the next two weeks. Our industry ( construction ) is busy at the moment with lots of tendering going on and I'm having trouble booking people in. Last Thursdays round was cancelled by the customer on the Wednesday morning....not happy.

If they do not, who, at short notice, can take up a round and a beer? It will be a weekday and I might make you wear a company hat to get some photos as my "customers".

I suggest on will be next week, perhaps Thursday 10th or Friday 11th March, the other may be Wednesday 16th March.

I can't make any promises and I can't book you in just yet, but if I don't get customers on board ( granted, it is a very busy time in our industry ) I might be looking for some fill ins.

So, express your interest below and I'll be back to you in the next two days.

I could certainty be on my best behavior for a round of golf with you Boon.....
carey
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:39 am

Thursday 10th I've got a group, the second voucher is still up in the air and they have today to lock it in.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:28 am

Apparently the Vines is in top nick

They've also dug into a secondary bore

Many of the women for the Aussie Open played rounds there leading into the main tourney
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:31 am

Well I'm there next Thursday ( 36° ) so I'll check it out and report back.

Might have to avoid walking I think.... :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:34 pm

The weather had us change from today to tomorrow, looking forward to a Friday hit.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:45 pm

Had a bash around my home course at Echunga this morning....it's been quite a few weeks since I was last out for a hit. While the course is really nothing special, it is in pretty good nick for this time of year. The recent rain, plus the 40mm that fell in February has done a treat.

By memory it's $25 green fee's midweek, and anyone can get on the course pretty well anytime other than Wed, Thurs & Sat mornings.

Only 40 minutes up the freeway, and worth a look, even just for a change of scenery.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1281 times
Been liked: 3494 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mickey » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:03 pm

Corona Man wrote:Had a bash around my home course at Echunga this morning....it's been quite a few weeks since I was last out for a hit. While the course is really nothing special, it is in pretty good nick for this time of year. The recent rain, plus the 40mm that fell in February has done a treat.

By memory it's $25 green fee's midweek, and anyone can get on the course pretty well anytime other than Wed, Thurs & Sat mornings.

Only 40 minutes up the freeway, and worth a look, even just for a change of scenery.

Dont sell the course short there corona... have always enjoyed playing there, even if has been in the rain every time!
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 314 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Golf