Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Re: SA Golf Course Reviews

Postby Iron Fist » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:24 am

Big Phil wrote:Played the South course today down at Adelaide Shores (The Pat) with our once a month social group.

Hadn't played the Pat for 12 months and was very impressed with the upgrades to the course, with the greens running perfect, the fairways in excellent condition and all in all (apart from 2 or 3 holes on the back 9 with a bit of GUR) the course was in the best nic I've ever played it.

Having not played for a month (used to play once a week) I was worried I would be pretty rusty. Still not hitting the ball straight of the tee but still able to get 250+ metres off most tee blocks on Par 4 and 5's. Was hitting my mid range irons as good as I've hit them in a long time and with the exception of making a couple of 10 foot putts and one 3 putt, I basically 2 putted all day.

I guess generally I might jag a chip in off the green once in every 10 rounds or so and today I managed to have 2 of them !!! One for PAR on the first hole from about 20 out and the 2nd chip in, the better of the two, off the back of the big green on the 12th. Hit a long 9 iron about 15 metres over the back of the big green with the pin right at the front of the green, down at the bottom of the tier. Flopped it up in the air from about 40 out, pitching it at the top of the mound and watched it trail another 10 metres, hit the pin and drop straight in for birdie. Was also the $50 bonus birdie hole so scored a free round and lunched paid for today which was another bonus.

On a good day I'll shoot between 95 and 100 with a blow out being 105 - 110. Today, my handicap came down 2 strokes after I shot my best ever score on any course, 85 off the stick for a nett 58 to win the day for our social club. Also managed a closest to the pin award as well and just could not beleive how well I played today. Now the key is to try and keep that consistancy up and hit the driving range in between rounds to try and straighten up my driver.

sounds like you had a great day on the course!
I played yesterday at riverside, now that Im a member there!
my brother played a similar round!
he was playing stableford and hit 49 points!
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Keefy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:58 am

Iron Fist wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Played the South course today down at Adelaide Shores (The Pat) with our once a month social group.

Hadn't played the Pat for 12 months and was very impressed with the upgrades to the course, with the greens running perfect, the fairways in excellent condition and all in all (apart from 2 or 3 holes on the back 9 with a bit of GUR) the course was in the best nic I've ever played it.

Having not played for a month (used to play once a week) I was worried I would be pretty rusty. Still not hitting the ball straight of the tee but still able to get 250+ metres off most tee blocks on Par 4 and 5's. Was hitting my mid range irons as good as I've hit them in a long time and with the exception of making a couple of 10 foot putts and one 3 putt, I basically 2 putted all day.

I guess generally I might jag a chip in off the green once in every 10 rounds or so and today I managed to have 2 of them !!! One for PAR on the first hole from about 20 out and the 2nd chip in, the better of the two, off the back of the big green on the 12th. Hit a long 9 iron about 15 metres over the back of the big green with the pin right at the front of the green, down at the bottom of the tier. Flopped it up in the air from about 40 out, pitching it at the top of the mound and watched it trail another 10 metres, hit the pin and drop straight in for birdie. Was also the $50 bonus birdie hole so scored a free round and lunched paid for today which was another bonus.

On a good day I'll shoot between 95 and 100 with a blow out being 105 - 110. Today, my handicap came down 2 strokes after I shot my best ever score on any course, 85 off the stick for a nett 58 to win the day for our social club. Also managed a closest to the pin award as well and just could not beleive how well I played today. Now the key is to try and keep that consistancy up and hit the driving range in between rounds to try and straighten up my driver.

sounds like you had a great day on the course!
I played yesterday at riverside, now that Im a member there!
my brother played a similar round!
he was playing stableford and hit 49 points!

Obviously playing on a handicap that is way too high for him.

Now that you are a member at Riverside, take advantage of the Member Advantage card, allowing you to play at other courses like Blackwood, Flagstaff Hill and The Vines. Book a tee time and away you go.
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 183 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Iron Fist » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:27 pm

yeah he is playing to high above his handicap
but also he did have a good round yesterday!

will definately be making use of the member advantage card!
what is the best course of those lot you think keefy??
Iron Fist
Veteran

Postby Keefy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:07 pm

Iron Fist wrote:yeah he is playing to high above his handicap

Have never played at Tea Tree Gully
Mt Osmond haven't played at for about 10 years, probably the same with Riverside.
I played at Blackwood at Christmas time, first time in about 20 years and that was in top nick and has had some changes from what I could remember of the course.
The Vines is my home course, been a member there since August last year. Fairways suffered like most did over summer, but starting to come back nicely now. The greens are as good as anything you find on the plains.

Get out and play them all, you can play at each course 3 times per year. I really need to get out and take advantage of the card this year.

What condition is Riverside in?
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 183 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Iron Fist » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:52 pm

Keefy wrote:
Iron Fist wrote:yeah he is playing to high above his handicap

Have never played at Tea Tree Gully
Mt Osmond haven't played at for about 10 years, probably the same with Riverside.
I played at Blackwood at Christmas time, first time in about 20 years and that was in top nick and has had some changes from what I could remember of the course.
The Vines is my home course, been a member there since August last year. Fairways suffered like most did over summer, but starting to come back nicely now. The greens are as good as anything you find on the plains.

Get out and play them all, you can play at each course 3 times per year. I really need to get out and take advantage of the card this year.

What condition is Riverside in?

riverside is in great condition if you ask me!
greens are not to fast, with fairways looking nice!
there is a few holes that have some gur but apart from that course is great
I dont have much apart from public courses to rate it on as this is the only private course Ive played on.

yeah I do plan on getting out and playing the different courses that I am allowed to play!
I got a friend that plays at Tea tree gully so that will probs be the first course that I play!

you also get half price rates at other courses throughout the state!
My bro who is also a member got half price green fees at Mt Gambier the week before!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Postby auto » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:53 pm

anyone played Mawson Lakes golf course?
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby schimma » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:04 am

oi fisty have you played a trial yet. we played Aldinga sat night not good conditions at north haven had about 60 out there playing with about 12 A graderes no available. still won easy. we play nth haven thurs night.
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Iron Fist » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:51 am

schimma wrote:oi fisty have you played a trial yet. we played Aldinga sat night not good conditions at north haven had about 60 out there playing with about 12 A graderes no available. still won easy. we play nth haven thurs night.

we played an internal trial last thurs night
then this weekend we go to kadina to play in a trial
followed by a trial against PHOS the weekend after!
How did u blokes go against Aldinga??
From what i remember of them a few years back they arent that good!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Postby Iron Fist » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:53 am

automaticwicky wrote:anyone played Mawson Lakes golf course?

I played it a few years ago
but a mate played it during the week
he said greens and tees were nice but the fairways were no good
dry and hard!
Least you would get a few extra metres out of your drive then!!
my opinions of it back then is similar to how my friend described it!
I reckon ya better of going to regency, another 9 hole course and in better condition!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Postby schimma » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:01 am

Played at Mccraken on sat. tee off about 1, fairways were in good nick and the greens were fast. wind was a up it a bit but besides that a good day for golf. Shot 79 off the stick, best score in years but still left a lot of shots on the greens, cant putt to safe my life. highlight for the day was a birdie on the 9th after an approch shot landed 1 ft from the pin.
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby heater31 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:26 pm

schimma wrote:Played at Mccraken on sat. tee off about 1, fairways were in good nick and the greens were fast. wind was a up it a bit but besides that a good day for golf. Shot 79 off the stick, best score in years but still left a lot of shots on the greens, cant putt to safe my life. highlight for the day was a birdie on the 9th after an approch shot landed 1 ft from the pin.

thanks for the info off to McCracken this Friday end of season cricket golf day..........beers and golf this could get ugly ;) :lol:
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:23 pm

schimma wrote:Played at Mccraken on sat. tee off about 1, fairways were in good nick and the greens were fast. wind was a up it a bit but besides that a good day for golf. Shot 79 off the stick, best score in years but still left a lot of shots on the greens, cant putt to safe my life. highlight for the day was a birdie on the 9th after an approch shot landed 1 ft from the pin.

Fair round schimma, I was a member there when they first opened, I holed my approach from the bottom of the hill on the 9th one day, cause fo the hill I never saw it go in :(
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 3835 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:31 pm

heater31 wrote:

thanks for the info off to McCracken this Friday end of season cricket golf day..........beers and golf this could get ugly ;) :lol:

well it did and with out the beers. lost a fair few balls to lakes and trees. Fairways pretty good and greens extremely quick,

went back for another fix of golf on the Saturday at Victor Harbor GC fairways excellent and the greens a little slower than McCracken and I played much better than the Friday which was pleasing on a personal note
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby Big Phil » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:08 pm

We are up at Murray Bridge this weekend with our social club...

Anyone played the course recently and can tell me what nick it is in ???
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 277 times

Postby auto » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:30 pm

Murray Bridge not too shabby for this time of year.
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:52 pm

Superb, my review was a few posts back
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 3835 times

Postby Stumps » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:38 am

How is Fleurio (Mt Compass) Looking?? worth the drive (lady bay and mcracken booked out)
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Big Phil » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:36 am

Dutchy wrote:Superb, my review was a few posts back

Yeah, it was in pretty good condition but was very windy which made it a bit tough...

Shot at 78 which I was pretty happy with except I couldn't hit my driver straight all bloody day :evil:
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 277 times

Postby Bold Strategy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:58 pm

TTG have an open day sunday in couple of weeks i think, only $25!! will check out the pat soon, also they have 2 for 1 driving range specials. Where the best driving range around adelaide with value and that?
Bold Strategy
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Footy Smart » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:01 pm

Im playin TTG tomorrow few mates are memebrs and we are taking the day off to have a hit.... Whats the course like??? any pointers
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Golf