Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:58 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
See- this is my problem......

As i'm a massive creature of habit, I keep telling myself that I was going to go home a different way last night because of the footy, yet still found myself driving over Morphett St bridge. This means I didn't even get to Nottage Tce until 5.30pm (i'm normally there around 5.20pm)

Luckily, Nottage Tce and NE Rd was actually pretty good,, even as far as not getting red lights so it didnt' set me back too far.

Why's that anyway, were you one of the many horn honks I did from West Tce to Brougham Place? :lol:

Na, although I may have been, I traveled in through Chief Street/Port Road/Railway Terrace/Richmond Road and seen the traffic banking up to crazy levels so decided to West Terrace/Hindley/Morphett/Jeffcott to the Reepham.

Gave up and went down Tynte Street then Prospect Road after conceding 35 minutes at that stage and everything was grid-locked.

More importantly, I made it to the pub before happy hour finished, by far the worst journey I've had from there yet.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:02 pm

Railway Tce in itself is a pain in the rear at night - quite often traffic can be banked up from one end to the other.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:03 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
*edit* the thing that shits me most about Morphett St Bridge at the minute - are the bloody cyclists that choose to ignore the big sign that says "bike lane ends here, use detour (which leads them to a very safe tunnel to ride through) but NO, they have to hold up traffic trying to drive through whats essentially almost half a lane.

I make sure I let them know they're in the wrong too, trust me :lol:

Yep, I have no problem with cyclists but they sure shit me to tears when there are plenty of other safer paths to take near the city.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:People are mad for going through town. I live in the West and work in the East and have to get there in peak hour.
Takes me 10 mins taking the ring route, takes 40 mins through town. Actually takes me longer to get home at 1am as the lights don't change as efficiently.
Even when I was at Prospect it took me 5 mins to get home via War Memorial to Park Tce. Took me 30 mins plus sometimes taking the direct route.
People are silly going through town but they make smart people's lives easier so I appreciate it.

Yeah right.

I've tried each journey several times, as FC said, turning right from Port Road to Park Terrace is murder, far quicker u-turning it after the tram stop.

5 minutes to Prospect from anywhere near the city during peak hour is impossible. Your 10 minute journey from East to West or the other way on the ring route is unimaginable too, you either smash the speed limits or drive up on the footpath and through red lights.

Neither. When I lived at Prospect I would be on War Memorial Terrace within minute, a quick couple of side streets in Bowden, quick U turn outside Bombay Bicycle Club, down Churchill and voila. Would be at the Reepham in 15-20 mins from knock off after spending 10 mins at home changing, etc.
When I start working at the Sussex at 5pm, I leave home at Allenby Gardens at 4.30 and get there at 4.40.
Went through town once at a quieter time and took almost 40 mins.

PS I agree with you about turning right from Port Rd onto Park terrace, would never do that.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby HH3 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:17 pm

I get onto Victoria Road, it changes to the Port River Expressway, merge onto the Superway, merge off of the Superway, turn left and I'm at work.

16kms in 12 minutes, every day. 8)
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Actually takes me longer to get home at 1.30am than it does to get there for 5pm.
The lights are ridiculous in the middle of the night despite no cars being on the road.
And ai do stop at the pub on the way home, love pubs with 3am closures when I do 1am closures. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:29 pm

Wedgie wrote:Neither. When I lived at Prospect I would be on War Memorial Terrace within minute, a quick couple of side streets in Bowden, quick U turn outside Bombay Bicycle Club, down Churchill and voila. Would be at the Reepham in 15-20 mins from knock off after spending 10 mins at home changing, etc.
When I start working at the Sussex at 5pm, I leave home at Allenby Gardens at 4.30 and get there at 4.40.
Went through town once at a quieter time and took almost 40 mins.

PS I agree with you about turning right from Port Rd onto Park terrace, would never do that.

I'm going to try WMD next Thursday, it's our pub night, we share the driving, I drive there and the missus drives home. :D
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:31 pm

HH3 wrote:I get onto Victoria Road, it changes to the Port River Expressway, merge onto the Superway, merge off of the Superway, turn left and I'm at work.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:23 am

Pakenham quaddie yesterday. $10, $19, $4.90 first three legs. Looking at 50% of the quad...2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Footy multi Sydney h2h > Port 24.5+ > West Coast h2h > Richmond 24.5+ > St Kilda 24.5+

:evil:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:15 am

HH3 wrote:I get onto Victoria Road, it changes to the Port River Expressway, merge onto the Superway, merge off of the Superway, turn left and I'm at work.

It takes me 6 minutes to get home from work usually, 7 if I have to wait for a red light turning on to Montague Road.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:49 am

The Mexican chicken I had last night! Looks like no pub for me today unless I find some big nappies!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:08 pm

Getting excited that Ellen isnt on only to see a replay of the Voice is on instead. Nappy on, I'm off to the pub.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Pag » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:40 pm

A side/oblique strain. Never think about how the muscles around your chest are used until you hurt it and need to sneeze. Agony.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Q. » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:28 pm

Pag wrote:A side/oblique strain. Never think about how the muscles around your chest are used until you hurt it and need to sneeze. Agony.

I'm in bed on valium and endone with something similar. I feel reeeeeeeal good, you could punch me in the face and I wouldn't care.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:31 pm

Q. wrote:
Pag wrote:A side/oblique strain. Never think about how the muscles around your chest are used until you hurt it and need to sneeze. Agony.

I'm in bed on valium and endone with something similar. I feel reeeeeeeal good, you could punch me in the face and I wouldn't care.

I'll be 'round in 20 :lol: ;)

Footy Chick

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:56 pm

Lucky Q ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Gozu » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:07 pm

All the roadworks on Spains Rd, Salisbury Downs yesterday trying to get to the ironically named Hollywood Plaza and every bloody side street leading to the shopping centre being a no through road.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:31 pm

Brodlach wrote:Lucky Q ;)

I think I've seen something similar on the internet....
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:44 pm

HH3 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Lucky Q ;)

I think I've seen something similar on the internet....

I actually meant I was going to go over and punch him and then steal his endone :lol:

Footy Chick

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:36 pm

EOFY......can GGF in 2017 :evil: :evil:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3507 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion