Think Mobile ?

Anything!

Think Mobile ?

Postby Ian » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Has anyone had any experience with Think?

Their unlimited plans use Vodafone's network.

Their Caps use Telstra's network (they the ones I'm considering)

$35 Cap gets you a Nokia Lumia 620 handset, $400 calls and text a month and 800MB data a month
$45 Cap gets you a Nokia Lumia 720 handset, $400 calls and text a month and 1.5GB data a month

Calls are $2.38 every 2 minutes, text is .30c a text

I'm still with 3 atm and have had there Telstra roaming coverage but they are dead as of midnight August 30th, I travel in the bush a fair bit but for what I use my phone for can't justify what it would cost to go with Telstra, I found out today Vodafone do Optus roaming where they dont have their own coverage in the country, if Think are any good their prices semm pretty good to get access to the Telstra network

any feed back good, bad or otherwise would be appreciated
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Re: Think Mobile ?

Postby prowling panther » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Ian wrote:Has anyone had any experience with Think?

Their unlimited plans use Vodafone's network.

Their Caps use Telstra's network (they the ones I'm considering)

$35 Cap gets you a Nokia Lumia 620 handset, $400 calls and text a month and 800MB data a month
$45 Cap gets you a Nokia Lumia 720 handset, $400 calls and text a month and 1.5GB data a month

Calls are $2.38 every 2 minutes, text is .30c a text

I'm still with 3 atm and have had there Telstra roaming coverage but they are dead as of midnight August 30th, I travel in the bush a fair bit but for what I use my phone for can't justify what it would cost to go with Telstra, I found out today Vodafone do Optus roaming where they dont have their own coverage in the country, if Think are any good their prices semm pretty good to get access to the Telstra network

any feed back good, bad or otherwise would be appreciated

If you are happy with your present phone and it does not need updating, have a look at http://www.amysim.com.au . for $40 a month you get unlimited everything including 4MB of data, you cannot go past this deal. I have been on it for quite a while and no probs at all. The use OPTUS network.
I wish my remembering was as good as my forgetting
prowling panther
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Ian » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:57 pm

I am looking for a new phone, my old Nokia E71 is getting pretty tired and my aging eyes are having trouble reading the small writing. Also Telstra is far better than Optus in country SA

I've had a bit more of a look at Think's coverage as they state they use "most of Telstra's network" they dont cover the Western side of Eyre Pen but every thing else seems the same as Telstra

For $40 a month I can do the 3 to Vodafone swap which gives me enough credit and data for what I use, a new Galaxy Express. I found out today they now do roaming on the Optus network.
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Psyber » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:37 am

There is no doubt Telstra has the best coverage, but you do pay for it.

Because I am not dependent on good connectivity for my income, I'm on Slimtel which runs on Vodafone. It is cheap - last months bill $4.11 for 4 short calls made and and 16 SMS exchanges. It is a pay as you use scheme with no fixed monthly fee and no inclusions, and is OK around Adelaide, but it was rather patchy when I was based in Bunbury in WA, and is fairly useless up here in northern NSW where I am now.

A friend of mine who was on the same service has found her use needed something more inclusive, because of having adult children to keep in touch with, and has just just moved to a capped scheme on Amaysim for $40 per month which looks pretty good. That one runs on Optus.

Phones - I just buy outright and unlocked and stay under $200.
Current phone is a Samsung Galaxy Y Duos - because I find 2 active SIMs useful when overseas.
(And it fits in a shirt pocket.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Dog_ger » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:50 pm

Work pays my Telstra phone bill.

Some days I hate my job.

Some days it's ok...

Pays the bills. :D

I work in aged care.

It's not that easy..
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Failed Creation » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Psyber wrote:Phones - I just buy outright and unlocked and stay under $200.
Current phone is a Samsung Galaxy Y Duos - because I find 2 active SIMs useful when overseas.
(And it fits in a shirt pocket.)

I had one until recently, when I changed to a Galaxy Express when I went on a plan with Vodafone. Great phone for the price, me thinks.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3313 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion