Adelaide Oval Ultimate Memberships

Anything!

Adelaide Oval Ultimate Memberships

Postby Wedgie » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:49 am

Registration for the general public starts today (adelaideoval.com.au) but is the $75 rego for each membership a waste with the first option of these going to SACA and SANFL members (as well as a few special categories of Crows and Port supporters). Admittedly it does put you on the waiting list but how long will the waiting list be for membership now that it includes footy and cricket?
Tickets are non transferable which doesn't make them overly appealing either.
Might put my kids on the waiting list as I'll probably be living outside of the country by the time my name pops up (or dead!). :lol:
Armchair expert wrote:Such a great club are Geelong
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2151 times
Been liked: 4090 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Adelaide Oval Ultimate Memberships

Postby kickinit » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:22 pm

was going to go halfs with my brother as he's a crows supporter. you would think if you where offering crows and power games together you would be able to let someone else use the tickets as well. Even if they did it where you could only hand off for one team eg. my bro buys the ticket but he is allowed to hand off the ticket for power games only.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:16 pm

Apparantly no money from these memberships go back to the Crows or Port so hopefully that puts a few footy fans off it.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:22 am

The Ultimate Membership is not for footy followers, it is for corporates looking to be able to entertain all year round......but, they are non-transferrable so what good is that?

I would think the SMA will be underwhelmed with requests. Will be interesting to see how many take up the offer to be on the waiting list.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7641 times
Been liked: 11105 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:29 am

Booney wrote:The Ultimate Membership is not for footy followers, it is for corporates looking to be able to entertain all year round......but, they are non-transferrable so what good is that?

I would think the SMA will be underwhelmed with requests. Will be interesting to see how many take up the offer to be on the waiting list.

My workplace has a corporate facility at Footy Park, yesterday all staff received an email inviting us to join the Premier membership category with no joining fee and 2 guest passes to the first round of the pre season cup next year.

Also goes on to state that in March we have the opportunity to apply for an upgrade to SMA ultimate if we so wish.
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Just read that SACA and SANFL/Special members of the AFL clubs only took up a total of half of the 12,100 memberships so my kids and I might have a good chance of our memberships coming through from the start! :)
Itd be great being able to go to everything there with the kids and sitting in the members.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Dog_ger » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:46 pm

Time to think about a "Seaton Ramblers Membership" :drinkers:
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:14 pm

Interesting, was supposed to hear officially back "by april" but still nothing so I shot off an email to see what the delay was.
Got this reply:

The general public have yet to be notified so you shouldn’t have received anything as yet.
We are in the process of conducting research which is now at a Board level so we can ensure that the best membership product possible will be going out hence the delay. I imagine these decisions will be made by the end of the month and we will go back to those who have registered in May.

The way I read between the lines is that due to only half of the 12,000 tickets being taken up they're probably going to make them transferable.
Might be worth registering to those who are interested in getting transferrable tickets before the rush when/if its announced.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby kickinit » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:33 pm

Wedgie wrote:Interesting, was supposed to hear officially back "by april" but still nothing so I shot off an email to see what the delay was.
Got this reply:

The general public have yet to be notified so you shouldn’t have received anything as yet.
We are in the process of conducting research which is now at a Board level so we can ensure that the best membership product possible will be going out hence the delay. I imagine these decisions will be made by the end of the month and we will go back to those who have registered in May.

The way I read between the lines is that due to only half of the 12,000 tickets being taken up they're probably going to make them transferable.
Might be worth registering to those who are interested in getting transferrable tickets before the rush when/if its announced.

i think they would sell pretty quickly if they where transferable.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri May 03, 2013 8:57 am

kickinit wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Interesting, was supposed to hear officially back "by april" but still nothing so I shot off an email to see what the delay was.
Got this reply:

i think they would sell pretty quickly if they where transferable.

But they were never going to be
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 528 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun May 26, 2013 11:01 am

Its all fallen through but have a few options, actually suits me better as I don't really like cricket so will probably take up the fully transferrable option for footy on 3 tix.

Re: Ultimate Membership at Adelaide Oval

Dear Anthony

You recently registered your interest in being offered an Ultimate Membership at Adelaide Oval.

As you may be aware, the SMA undertook research about the popularity of this product which has revealed that while it was endorsed by all parties (SANFL, SACA, AFC, PAFC and AFL) it fell short of being an “Ultimate” membership when compared with the other membership products available at Adelaide Oval.

In particular, the feedback was that people wanted the Ultimate Membership to be transferable during the football season.

Registrations have not met expectations and the research on the expected level of uptake shows that the membership in this form is not what the public want for Adelaide Oval.

It has become clear to the SMA Board that separate memberships during the cricket and football seasons would meet the needs of all parties. As a result, the SMA Board has made the decision to withdraw the Ultimate Membership from sale.

However, as an Ultimate Membership registrant you will still be offered the chance to secure access to cricket memberships at Adelaide Oval this Ashes Test season:

· If you are already a SACA Member nothing changes.

· If you are not already a SACA member, you will be invited to join the SACA waiting list and then be offered a SACA membership offer in late June or early July.

For football, you will be offered the chance to secure a fully transferable football membership for the 2014 AFL season at Adelaide Oval:

· If you are already a SANFL Premier Member, Crows Essential or Power Essential member, nothing changes.

· The SANFL is currently in discussions with the AFL clubs about football membership products with the full details to be released shortly.

You will be contacted again soon with further details about the SACA and football membership options to be made available. The $75 registration fee you have already paid can be used against the cost of a SACA or football membership, or will be fully refunded.

In the meantime, I would like to thank you for your patience and assure you that a simplified membership model will give you the ability to watch football, cricket - or both - at Adelaide Oval.

Andrew Daniels

Chief Executive Officer
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun May 26, 2013 12:03 pm

Chandyman strikes again
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 758 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Wedgie » Sun May 26, 2013 12:17 pm

SACA should just have let them be transferable when only half the seats were snapped up.
Now they'll lose income from people like me who will only get tix for the footy. I'll be offered 3 SACA memberships but tell them to stick it up their arse.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby therisingblues » Sun May 26, 2013 1:24 pm

Was a weird set up from the beginning. $75 registration fee, no gaurantee of actually getting a membership then the tickets were non transferable. As an expat looking to return to Australia the ultimate membership package was a motivator for settling in Victoria and looking at MCG memberships. I believe those are not prone to so much bullshit, so I've heard anyway.
I reckon those Adelaide oval memberships were trying to exploit a perceived demand, I wonder how many applications they actually received?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Wedgie » Sun May 26, 2013 1:49 pm

It was always guaranteed mate, no way were 12,000 seats going to be sold. They ended up selling about 6000 and that includes the SACA members, SANFL members and general public. I'm stoked the way its worked out as I'll save about $840 a year and have fully transferrable tix and won't feel the need to go watch any crappy cricket to justify the money I fork out. Win, win, win for me :D
I also get a free opportunity to join the SACA which I wouldn't take up if it was anything over $100pa.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby therisingblues » Sun May 26, 2013 2:28 pm

I get your meaning as in it was guaranteed by the unpopularity of the conditions attached to registration, ironically the "no guarantee and no money back", ensured all applicants were in the running.
So what does the footy membership entitle you to? Free entry or just access to members seating? SANFL only or are there AFL games included?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Sun May 26, 2013 2:55 pm

therisingblues wrote:I get your meaning as in it was guaranteed by the unpopularity of the conditions attached to registration, ironically the "no guarantee and no money back", ensured all applicants were in the running.
So what does the footy membership entitle you to? Free entry or just access to members seating? SANFL only or are there AFL games included?

The SANFL membership information hasn't been released yet.
But listening to the SMA bloke this morning on 5AA it sounds like it will be for both SANFL games and AFL games.
No idea if you will be able to select just Crows or just Port though yet
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby therisingblues » Sun May 26, 2013 9:13 pm

Thanks '85.
Any idea of the cost?
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon May 27, 2013 8:00 am

So the smart people stood back and waited while others jumped in and now nobody wants to buy the tickets. :lol:

Sounds like the ultimate cock up by those who coughed up the cash.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7641 times
Been liked: 11105 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 27, 2013 9:47 am

Those who put their names forward now have the options of immediately getting a SACA membership and/or immediately getting a footy membership or getting a full refund of the $75, win,win or draw with even better options than before. It couldn't have been a better result for those who got in early, I know personally all I wanted was fully transferrable footy tickets but I was prepared to pay the extra for the boring cricket component and now its a choice, not mandatory, I'm stoked.
If people hung back they're not assured of a thing.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Next

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion