Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

by GWW » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:06 am

The very serious illness that Martin Crowe has.

Probably my favourite non-Australian batsman of all time.

Reports dating back a month or 2, saying he doesn't have long to live.

In a way, I don't even mind NZ beating us in the game the other day, given that Crowe was in attendance, and perhaps may be the last game he sees.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

by Booney » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:30 pm

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ben-co ... 7275052536

Reports suggest he was breaking into a house. ( Allegedly )

BREAKING: Fallen West Coast Eagles star Ben Cousins has been arrested and taken into police custody for a health assessment after an incident in Perth’s southeast.
Police were responding to reports that Cousins was seen driving erratically in Shreeve Road, in Canning Vale at about 11am.
They arrested the 36-year-old and have taken him to hospital for an assessment.
Channel Seven reporter Geof Parry told 6PR that there was a large police presence in the area and that Cousins “had done a runner’’ before he was caught.

*EDIT*

It is sad, he's fallen to an insidious drug that is having a terrible negative impact on society and it has no prejudice to who it consumes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7513 times
Been liked: 10808 times

by Footy Chick » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:05 am

Today is one year since I had to put Fat Cat to sleep :(
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1741 times
Been liked: 2148 times

by HH3 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:08 am

Footy Chick wrote:Today is one year since I had to put Fat Cat to sleep :(

Wow thats gone really fast.

RIP Chan :(
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

by tipper » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:12 am

Condolences FC. its always hard losing family

it makes me sad (and angry) that some low life felt the need to break into my 88 year old neighbours house while she was visiting family in Queensland. rifled through her place presumably looking for cash as they emptied all her drawers, flipped the mattress etc. unfortunately they found and stole her husbands wedding and signet rings, and her mothers wedding ring (which she was saving to give her niece as the first grandchild)

wish i caught the pricks in the act
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

by heater31 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:19 am

Footy Chick wrote:Today is one year since I had to put Fat Cat to sleep :(

On the plus side it's almost 12 months in your new house......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1264 times

by Spargo » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:22 am

You have a new house FC?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5514 times
Been liked: 5149 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

by Dogwatcher » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:23 am

Yes, she's even living in it.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

by am Bays » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:39 am

Major commercial news stations this morning thinking the imminent deaths of two inconsequential drug mules is more important than the over 3000 deaths in Nepal - based on their lead and subsequent stories.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1826 times

by valleys07 » Mon May 11, 2015 7:51 am

A former indoor cricket teammate and his partner losing their 5 month old through leukaemia, yesterday. The poor bugger was admitted to hospital on Wednesday last week.

Really hit home spending time with my family yesterday just how lucky the gift of parenthood is, and how quickly things can change.

RIP Hudson.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

by Lightning McQueen » Mon May 11, 2015 11:41 am

valleys07 wrote:A former indoor cricket teammate and his partner losing their 5 month old through leukaemia, yesterday. The poor bugger was admitted to hospital on Wednesday last week.

Really hit home spending time with my family yesterday just how lucky the gift of parenthood is, and how quickly things can change.

RIP Hudson.

Thanks for throwing things into perspective mate, life is unfair.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7941 times

by Johno6 » Mon May 11, 2015 12:00 pm

my wife was keeping me updated on this because I think she knew the mum somehow
so so sad, hate hearing this stuff

any day this kind of thing happens it is absolutely terrible, but on mothers day of all days

thoughts with the family, hope they are doing as best as they can right now.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

by Spargo » Wed May 13, 2015 9:33 am

Knowing my wife's Grandfather is probably going to die within a week.
The Flying Doctor is taking him back to the South East today after a week at the RAH. He's had throat cancer, leukaemia for 20 years, now has Parkinson's - his body's giving up on him but he's still mentally with it. He's decided that he wants no more help though & it's time for him to go & be with his wife who passed away a few years ago.
Glad we made it to his 90th a fortnight ago.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5514 times
Been liked: 5149 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

by heater31 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:43 am

Spargo wrote:Knowing my wife's Grandfather is probably going to die within a week.
The Flying Doctor is taking him back to the South East today after a week at the RAH. He's had throat cancer, leukaemia for 20 years, now has Parkinson's - his body's giving up on him but he's still mentally with it. He's decided that he wants no more help though & it's time for him to go & be with his wife who passed away a few years ago.
Glad we made it to his 90th a fortnight ago.

Hopefully the poor bugger now slips away quickly. Painful to watch them slowly slip away over a period of weeks.

Sounds like he is content where he is at and if he's made it to 90 then fair enough.
heater31

by Footy Chick » Wed May 13, 2015 9:55 am

Never easy to lose a loved one but at least he batted on to a 90+ average.

Parkinsons is horrible, my mates dad has it, he was a doctor too, before it really took hold. Unfortunately he is now starting to get dementia as well though and requires full time care.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

by Jase » Wed May 13, 2015 1:45 pm

I posted something like this a couple of years ago I reckon and wasn't going to do it again but, It's something that makes me sad... every year.

30 Years ago, on the 11th of May, 54 fans of Bradford City and 2 from Lincoln City, were killed due to a fire in the main stand of Valley Parade, the home of Bradford City FC.

Many hundreds were injured while escaping the inferno and trying to save those still trapped by the fire. My uncle was one who was injured, he was given a bravery award for pulling people out of the fire...

We were here in Adelaide and my dad happened on the news and saw his brother in the hospital on the TV... thankful that he was OK but just devastated as to what had happened, I was 10 years old and didn't quite grasp what had happened.
He was a tough b@stard, Uncle Barry, and it haunted him until he died 20 odd years later...

There is footage of it and from when the fire is noticed until the whole stand is engulfed, takes about 90 seconds... 90 seconds to try and get 3000 people out... terrifying... :(

RIP the 56.
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1487 times
Been liked: 552 times

by Footy Chick » Wed May 13, 2015 1:57 pm

I don't think I saw this last time round - harrowing story Jase. It's one thing to see stuff like this reported on the news as it's easy to detach yourself from but not when family is involved.

Footy Chick

by Lightning McQueen » Wed May 13, 2015 1:58 pm

Jase wrote:I posted something like this a couple of years ago I reckon and wasn't going to do it again but, It's something that makes me sad... every year.

30 Years ago, on the 11th of May, 54 fans of Bradford City and 2 from Lincoln City, were killed due to a fire in the main stand of Valley Parade, the home of Bradford City FC.

Many hundreds were injured while escaping the inferno and trying to save those still trapped by the fire. My uncle was one who was injured, he was given a bravery award for pulling people out of the fire...

We were here in Adelaide and my dad happened on the news and saw his brother in the hospital on the TV... thankful that he was OK but just devastated as to what had happened, I was 10 years old and didn't quite grasp what had happened.
He was a tough b@stard, Uncle Barry, and it haunted him until he died 20 odd years later...

There is footage of it and from when the fire is noticed until the whole stand is engulfed, takes about 90 seconds... 90 seconds to try and get 3000 people out... terrifying... :(

RIP the 56.

I just watched the footage, I wish I hadn't of :(
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7941 times

by heater31 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:19 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I don't think I saw this last time round - harrowing story Jase. It's one thing to see stuff like this reported on the news as it's easy to detach yourself from but not when family is involved.

Think I 've posted this before too but the Valley Parade fire is now used as an example in building fire safety lectures at university. If the incident happened later in the match those locked gates might have been opened....

This is why convicted arsonists need to be strung up by the balls.....
heater31

by Failed Creation » Wed May 13, 2015 2:53 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jase wrote:I posted something like this a couple of years ago I reckon and wasn't going to do it again but, It's something that makes me sad... every year.

RIP the 56.

I just watched the footage, I wish I hadn't of :(

x2.

I've got tears in my eyes.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3308 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion