Things that you don't understand

Anything!

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:38 pm

Failed Creation wrote:I've made it through 2 unsuccessful attempts (one at 14; the other at 19). I believed, and still do to a certain extent, that I was insignificant and unworthy of love, respect and friendship, and growing up was the loneliest time for me. As a result, I have little to no self-esteem.

I'm not happy about the way I grew up, but I don't regret it either, as it's made me a lot more resilient than I otherwise would've been.

I know I'm one of the lucky ones.

Pretty ballsy stuff there buddy.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:39 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:I've made it through 2 unsuccessful attempts (one at 14; the other at 19). I believed, and still do to a certain extent, that I was insignificant and unworthy of love, respect and friendship, and growing up was the loneliest time for me. As a result, I have little to no self-esteem.

I'm not happy about the way I grew up, but I don't regret it either, as it's made me a lot more resilient than I otherwise would've been.

I know I'm one of the lucky ones.

Pretty ballsy stuff there buddy.

I don't think of it that way, it's just all I knew from a young age.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
I don't think of it that way, it's just all I knew from a young age.

Ballsy of you to be able to share that with us.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:46 pm

Firstly, to those of you who have made frank admissions in a very public place like this. I commend you for your courage to do so.

The world is changing to be a better place when people can openly, honestly and most importantly without fear, open up and talk to others about their thoughts and feelings.

Breaking the ice and talking to someone is the first step and I hope anyone of us who feel the need to speak about thier own experiences feel comfortable enough to do so.

There are people there to help and it doesn't have to be Beyond Blue, it doesn't have to be your best mate, your wife, partner. It can be anyone who you feel comfortable enough to approach and take the first step. Talking about it.

Society has long been working towards being ready, I believe we now are.

A nurse I know says, quite simply...."Let's talk"

http://www.beyondblue.org.au/

Beyond Blue 1300 22 32 46

http://www.lifeline.org.au/

Lifeline 13 11 14
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:49 pm

Booney wrote:Firstly, to those of you who have made frank admissions in a very public place like this. I commend you for your courage to do so.

The world is changing to be a better place when people can openly, honestly and most importantly without fear, open up and talk to others about their thoughts and feelings.

Breaking the ice and talking to someone is the first step and I hope anyone of us who feel the need to speak about thier own experiences feel comfortable enough to do so.

There are people there to help and it doesn't have to be Beyond Blue, it doesn't have to be your best mate, your wife, partner. It can be anyone who you feel comfortable enough to approach and take the first step. Talking about it.

Lifeline 13 11 14

best thing i have ever done...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:51 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:Firstly, to those of you who have made frank admissions in a very public place like this. I commend you for your courage to do so.

Lifeline 13 11 14

best thing i have ever done...

Likewise.

Spot on Booney, you've hit the nail on the head.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby smac » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:17 pm

A fella I played footy with and knocked around a bit with as little-uns (as our fathers played footy together) went this way yesterday. I last saw him a few weeks back and he was in good spirits. In the last 24 hours I've heard a lot of "he was a troubled guy" or "he had his demons".

Booney and others are right - why didn't any of us ever talk to him about it? I've spoken to a few others and had a few others talk to me when I've been off, why not ask him?

****** if I know. It's ******* bullshit.

Mum's best friend (one of the ones close enough to call Aunty) died yesterday from a stroke to take the tally to 2 in one day. That's ******* bullshit as well.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Gozu » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Well said Booney, I too commend all of you guys for sharing these experiences the more people talk openly and honestly about this the better.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:10 pm

I've felt like doing myself in a couple of times. Both times I talked openly about it but then someone called me an attention-whore. I thought that maybe I WAS - I thought that if I'd really wanted to top myself I'd have just gone and done it quietly. The week before last I was feeling so bloody low and unhappy and distraught - things between Mr McSpaz and me haven't been good for some months and we've had some ugly fights. (Things are improving, but slowly.) He started on antidepressants and it made him very edgy and angry and he would say some cruel things and it was neverending. I was on that medicine for a couple of weeks myself and I was just the same, so I don't blame him, but I just felt that I couldn't deal with it any more. I needed to talk about it - I tried several times to post on Facebook, 'Hey, not feeling too good, I'm worried I might go and do something stupid, anyone there for a chat? Please talk to me' but I thought no, people will think I'm just seeking attention. Finally I went in tears to the bedroom and with the door shut I took a bunch of Stemetil tablets - they were all I had, apart from Nurofen, and I thought death by Stemetil was preferable to kidney failure by ibuprofen. I was weeping hysterically by this point and after about the fifth one I suddenly had a very clear picture of something that had happened earlier in the day - me playing hide and seek with my littlest man. I thought of my friend, who used to share an office with me at uni, who took her own life in 2011 and left two children behind. I knew I couldn't do that to my own kids. My friend still haunts me. I wish I'd helped her. I wish I could've done something. Anyway, I rang Poisons to make sure I'd be OK - I was pretty sure I'd have to take a shitload more than 5 tablets and I was right - but they wanted Mr McSpaz to bring me into hospital. I went and told him what I'd done and he swore and put his head in his hands so I didn't bother asking to go to hospital, I just went back to the bedroom and rang up ACIS and spoke to a nurse for a while. I reckon the whole mess could've been avoided if I'd just let people know I needed to talk. I don't care any more if people think I'm attention-seeking. I know when I need help and next time I'll answer the signs before it gets out of hand.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:50 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:I've felt like doing myself in a couple of times. Both times I talked openly about it but then someone called me an attention-whore. I thought that maybe I WAS - I thought that if I'd really wanted to top myself I'd have just gone and done it quietly. The week before last I was feeling so bloody low and unhappy and distraught - things between Mr McSpaz and me haven't been good for some months and we've had some ugly fights. (Things are improving, but slowly.) He started on antidepressants and it made him very edgy and angry and he would say some cruel things and it was neverending. I was on that medicine for a couple of weeks myself and I was just the same, so I don't blame him, but I just felt that I couldn't deal with it any more. I needed to talk about it - I tried several times to post on Facebook, 'Hey, not feeling too good, I'm worried I might go and do something stupid, anyone there for a chat? Please talk to me' but I thought no, people will think I'm just seeking attention. Finally I went in tears to the bedroom and with the door shut I took a bunch of Stemetil tablets - they were all I had, apart from Nurofen, and I thought death by Stemetil was preferable to kidney failure by ibuprofen. I was weeping hysterically by this point and after about the fifth one I suddenly had a very clear picture of something that had happened earlier in the day - me playing hide and seek with my littlest man. I thought of my friend, who used to share an office with me at uni, who took her own life in 2011 and left two children behind. I knew I couldn't do that to my own kids. My friend still haunts me. I wish I'd helped her. I wish I could've done something. Anyway, I rang Poisons to make sure I'd be OK - I was pretty sure I'd have to take a shitload more than 5 tablets and I was right - but they wanted Mr McSpaz to bring me into hospital. I went and told him what I'd done and he swore and put his head in his hands so I didn't bother asking to go to hospital, I just went back to the bedroom and rang up ACIS and spoke to a nurse for a while. I reckon the whole mess could've been avoided if I'd just let people know I needed to talk. I don't care any more if people think I'm attention-seeking. I know when I need help and next time I'll answer the signs before it gets out of hand.

Knowing when to ask for help (or knowing that you need it) is the key. I tried for so long to manage on my own for the same reasons as you, Fisho, and I didn't want to burden anyone with my problems. The last time my depression got the better of me, the hardest part was telling my wife. Understandably, she was a mess when I told her. I don't want to see her like that again.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:52 pm

Incredible stories. As Boon said- amazing courage to come out on a public forum and discuss the issues. That is the toughest part i think, opening up about everything that is going on in your life and trying to erode the negativity. Unfortunately for some, the latter is simply too hard to do, and that is incredibly sad.

HH3- one thing you mentioned about suicide being the selfish way out. In your dads circumstance i wholeheartedly agree with your perspective. However- in extreme circumstances, it can be perceived to be the selfish way out. Unfortunately the public incorporates selfishness into cases in which the deceased really did see no other alternative, which is sad.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Johno6 wrote:my fiancée wanted me to see a dr about getting anti depression tablets a lil while ago.
but I don't wanna touch that stuff, heard bad things about them.

glad I never did tho.

Good decision.

Have had subthreshold bi-polar (Cyclothymia) since a teen. Proper diet and consistent exercise keeps it mostly at bay.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:44 pm

I'm gunna keep talking - I've opened the floodgates. We've got a family history of depression and suicide - my dad has depression but he refuses to talk about it. In the past decade he exchanged his usual activities (sitting on his arse drinking beer and yelling at the news on TV) for triathlons and marathons, and that's helped a lot. I love him but it's my mum I feel for because she has to put up with it. He can't stand to talk about anything mental health-related - it's only this past year that he's been able to ask me a bit awkwardly, 'How - how are you managing with your depression?' It means a lot that he asks. When I was diagnosed with panic disorder in 2006 he hit the roof, yelled at me that I was crazy and he'd get me sent to Glenside. So he's come a long way. I still think that one day he's gunna have to admit to his depression, though. That s*** doesn't go away. But it's a forbidden topic in Dad's family, because his cousin and his aunt (mother and son) both had depression and both killed themselves. His aunt took a drug overdose while in hospital - my grandpa still insists that the doctors killed her, but my mum said to me that wasn't true, she did it herself. His cousin shot himself in the head. There's no history of depression in Mum's family.

My mum still ventures forth the theory that my experimenting with marijuana in high school caused my depression. Bulls***. That makes me so angry. Because if my depression was caused by anything other than heredity/chemical imbalance, I'd point the finger at my father. I said that Mum had to put up with his crap when he was depressed. I also said that he used to drink beer and yell at the TV all the time. Still, when I was a kid, he was my mate. My little sister was very clingy to Mum, so Dad would take me places. He always wanted a son - when I was eight I overheard him say it to Mum and was heartbroken - so I substituted. We went hiking, camping, fishing, went to watch the Eagles, which Dad still calls 'Torrens' in defiance. We were the best of pals until one day, which I remember vividly. Last day of Year 7. Dad is a high school teacher and had been drinking in the staff room all arvo and was not in the best of moods when he came to pick me and my sister up. I didn't go to the car immediately because I was hanging around, saying goodbyes, getting my yearbook signed, etc. My sister came back a few minutes later and said 'Dad wants you to get in the car NOW' and I could tell by the look on her face he was angry. I went to the car and Dad unleashed an abusive tirade at me, culminating with him grabbing my wrist, twisting it half around and then punching me twice in the leg. I said that Mum put up with his crap and that was perfectly true - I remember being kept up by their screaming matches when I was a kid, and I saw him chuck her across the room once - but from that day on it wasn't Mum who had to put up with it, it was me. He always went for me first. We weren't mates any more. After a couple of years I learnt to hate him when before I'd loved him. He left off hurting Mum altogether, and my sister was never touched. He openly favoured her over me; when we were a bit older he'd let her use his car, his computer and stuff, but he'd always sneer at me and say I wasn't to be trusted. He wasn't regularly violent - I was only hurt by him about six or seven times in four years - but he would get drunk and yell and say the cruelest things and get right up in my face, at least twice a week. I think he found me a more satisfactory sparring partner than Mum - I've got his temper, and where Mum would just look at him disdainfully or say he was a brute, I'd end up yelling right back at him. He threatened to send me to the reformatory and I had no idea what I'd done. He would tell me I was fat and ugly, and I know now I wasn't at all - I think I was a pretty girl once you got past the purple hair. ;-) And I was a f***ing size 8-10 so make what you will of that. But you know teenagers, they're self-conscious. When I was 15 I remember so many blank days where I'd just sit in my room, crying, unable to move. After a while my parents got me to a counsellor, where I was diagnosed with depression. I cut my wrists - not suicide, just mutilation - because the pain in my head was so much to bear, I wanted something physical and tangible to take my mind off my thoughts. I didn't tell my parents and they didn't notice the bandaids on my arms, and I wore long sleeves. My mother's much younger sister, my auntie, she was the one who figured it out. I learnt later that she'd wanted me to come and live with her in Perth and finish school there - a big call, as she had a young family and a husband incapacitated by depression himself - but my mum said no. I remember shrieking at Mum when she told me, 'Why didn't you say yes? Why didn't you? You bitch!' Because for some reason, I resented my mother as much as I did my father. She was always saying she was gunna leave him and she never did. I didn't believe in God but I repeated to myself at night, 'Please let Mum leave him.' They're still together - 33 years or something now. I am glad, because I love my parents - but I reckon my mum could've done a lot better. She's such a sweetheart. She gets preachy and anxious and sometimes I want to kill her but she's very giving, very loving. Dad's a cantankerous old bastard. He really is. I don't know why I love him when he was such an arsehole to me, but I do. Maybe because I think part of him couldn't help being an arsehole, and because sometimes - very rarely - I see his normal face slip a little bit, and I see how frightened he is of himself, and how much he loves me but he just hasn't got the words because he was brought up to be a closed-up, stern man, just like his own father. If Mum had left him, I reckon there'd have been three suicides in his family, not two. He's always loved my mother on a higher plane than he loves either my sister or me.

I escaped from my parents' house when I was sixteen - I'd been going out with a bloke, a friend of my bestie's stepbrother. He was a dropout, nineteen years old, not very bright, and a chronic weed smoker and sociopath. I thought he'd annoy my parents the most. After some months I spent most of my time at his place, not my own, and I tried so hard to help him because I thought I could see a decent person under the ruined exterior. Thus started a two-year relationship in which I was terrorised and beaten. Sorry, but there aren't any other words for it. I started on antidepressants when I was eighteen and they saved my life. I began to get sleep and to stop crying every day, and finally I was strong enough to walk out. He said he'd kill me so I rang his parents and told them I'd call the police if I ever heard from him again. I saw him last year when I was up for DUI in court. He has a one-year-old son that he is not allowed to have custody of because he is a junkie and has a criminal record as long as my arm, and so does the mother. I didn't hate him any more after I saw him, because it wasn't worth it. When he dies, no one's gunna care.

Well, the rest is history - I went to uni, met Mr McSpaz, had an unsuccessful marriage in between, started seeing Mr McSpaz and now we've got a lovely family. I'm still depressed. It's not something that's gunna go away and I've accepted that. I don't mind. I'll take my meds and do my best to keep fighting. I won't give up. The good days are so bloody awesome that they make up for a week's worth of bad days. Things are tough right now, with Mr McSpaz's depression too and the troubles he's having on his meds, but at least he's prepared to get help. My dad wasn't, and still isn't.

I'm sorry; I'm not sure what I've achieved by writing this stuff. But it was in my head and it had to come out.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:19 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:I'm gunna keep talking - I've opened the floodgates. We've got a family history of depression and suicide - my dad has depression but he refuses to talk about it. In the past decade he exchanged his usual activities (sitting on his arse drinking beer and yelling at the news on TV) for triathlons and marathons, and that's helped a lot. I love him but it's my mum I feel for because she has to put up with it. He can't stand to talk about anything mental health-related - it's only this past year that he's been able to ask me a bit awkwardly, 'How - how are you managing with your depression?' It means a lot that he asks. When I was diagnosed with panic disorder in 2006 he hit the roof, yelled at me that I was crazy and he'd get me sent to Glenside. So he's come a long way. I still think that one day he's gunna have to admit to his depression, though. That s*** doesn't go away. But it's a forbidden topic in Dad's family, because his cousin and his aunt (mother and son) both had depression and both killed themselves. His aunt took a drug overdose while in hospital - my grandpa still insists that the doctors killed her, but my mum said to me that wasn't true, she did it herself. His cousin shot himself in the head. There's no history of depression in Mum's family.

My mum still ventures forth the theory that my experimenting with marijuana in high school caused my depression. Bulls***. That makes me so angry. Because if my depression was caused by anything other than heredity/chemical imbalance, I'd point the finger at my father. I said that Mum had to put up with his crap when he was depressed. I also said that he used to drink beer and yell at the TV all the time. Still, when I was a kid, he was my mate. My little sister was very clingy to Mum, so Dad would take me places. He always wanted a son - when I was eight I overheard him say it to Mum and was heartbroken - so I substituted. We went hiking, camping, fishing, went to watch the Eagles, which Dad still calls 'Torrens' in defiance. We were the best of pals until one day, which I remember vividly. Last day of Year 7. Dad is a high school teacher and had been drinking in the staff room all arvo and was not in the best of moods when he came to pick me and my sister up. I didn't go to the car immediately because I was hanging around, saying goodbyes, getting my yearbook signed, etc. My sister came back a few minutes later and said 'Dad wants you to get in the car NOW' and I could tell by the look on her face he was angry. I went to the car and Dad unleashed an abusive tirade at me, culminating with him grabbing my wrist, twisting it half around and then punching me twice in the leg. I said that Mum put up with his crap and that was perfectly true - I remember being kept up by their screaming matches when I was a kid, and I saw him chuck her across the room once - but from that day on it wasn't Mum who had to put up with it, it was me. He always went for me first. We weren't mates any more. After a couple of years I learnt to hate him when before I'd loved him. He left off hurting Mum altogether, and my sister was never touched. He openly favoured her over me; when we were a bit older he'd let her use his car, his computer and stuff, but he'd always sneer at me and say I wasn't to be trusted. He wasn't regularly violent - I was only hurt by him about six or seven times in four years - but he would get drunk and yell and say the cruelest things and get right up in my face, at least twice a week. I think he found me a more satisfactory sparring partner than Mum - I've got his temper, and where Mum would just look at him disdainfully or say he was a brute, I'd end up yelling right back at him. He threatened to send me to the reformatory and I had no idea what I'd done. He would tell me I was fat and ugly, and I know now I wasn't at all - I think I was a pretty girl once you got past the purple hair. ;-) And I was a f***ing size 8-10 so make what you will of that. But you know teenagers, they're self-conscious. When I was 15 I remember so many blank days where I'd just sit in my room, crying, unable to move. After a while my parents got me to a counsellor, where I was diagnosed with depression. I cut my wrists - not suicide, just mutilation - because the pain in my head was so much to bear, I wanted something physical and tangible to take my mind off my thoughts. I didn't tell my parents and they didn't notice the bandaids on my arms, and I wore long sleeves. My mother's much younger sister, my auntie, she was the one who figured it out. I learnt later that she'd wanted me to come and live with her in Perth and finish school there - a big call, as she had a young family and a husband incapacitated by depression himself - but my mum said no. I remember shrieking at Mum when she told me, 'Why didn't you say yes? Why didn't you? You bitch!' Because for some reason, I resented my mother as much as I did my father. She was always saying she was gunna leave him and she never did. I didn't believe in God but I repeated to myself at night, 'Please let Mum leave him.' They're still together - 33 years or something now. I am glad, because I love my parents - but I reckon my mum could've done a lot better. She's such a sweetheart. She gets preachy and anxious and sometimes I want to kill her but she's very giving, very loving. Dad's a cantankerous old bastard. He really is. I don't know why I love him when he was such an arsehole to me, but I do. Maybe because I think part of him couldn't help being an arsehole, and because sometimes - very rarely - I see his normal face slip a little bit, and I see how frightened he is of himself, and how much he loves me but he just hasn't got the words because he was brought up to be a closed-up, stern man, just like his own father. If Mum had left him, I reckon there'd have been three suicides in his family, not two. He's always loved my mother on a higher plane than he loves either my sister or me.

I escaped from my parents' house when I was sixteen - I'd been going out with a bloke, a friend of my bestie's stepbrother. He was a dropout, nineteen years old, not very bright, and a chronic weed smoker and sociopath. I thought he'd annoy my parents the most. After some months I spent most of my time at his place, not my own, and I tried so hard to help him because I thought I could see a decent person under the ruined exterior. Thus started a two-year relationship in which I was terrorised and beaten. Sorry, but there aren't any other words for it. I started on antidepressants when I was eighteen and they saved my life. I began to get sleep and to stop crying every day, and finally I was strong enough to walk out. He said he'd kill me so I rang his parents and told them I'd call the police if I ever heard from him again. I saw him last year when I was up for DUI in court. He has a one-year-old son that he is not allowed to have custody of because he is a junkie and has a criminal record as long as my arm, and so does the mother. I didn't hate him any more after I saw him, because it wasn't worth it. When he dies, no one's gunna care.

Well, the rest is history - I went to uni, met Mr McSpaz, had an unsuccessful marriage in between, started seeing Mr McSpaz and now we've got a lovely family. I'm still depressed. It's not something that's gunna go away and I've accepted that. I don't mind. I'll take my meds and do my best to keep fighting. I won't give up. The good days are so bloody awesome that they make up for a week's worth of bad days. Things are tough right now, with Mr McSpaz's depression too and the troubles he's having on his meds, but at least he's prepared to get help. My dad wasn't, and still isn't.

I'm sorry; I'm not sure what I've achieved by writing this stuff. But it was in my head and it had to come out.

Well said, Fisho. You made me tear up a little.

THAT, to me, is what safooty is all about, folks having a chat and sharing their thoughts in a safe, relatively anonymous environment.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:19 pm

Thank you for sharing that Fisho, certainly nothing to be sorry about. I hope writing that and telling your story helps in some small sort of way.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Brodlach wrote:Thank you for sharing that Fisho, certainly nothing to be sorry about. I hope writing that and telling your story helps in some small sort of way.

x2. It takes a lot of courage to bring it up, and as eloquently as you have. Bravo.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby Alaska » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:47 pm

Well said Fisho couldn't bring myself to be as forthcoming as I wanted in my response.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Alaska wrote:Well said Fisho couldn't bring myself to be as forthcoming as I wanted in my response.

Hopefully Fisho can be seen as an example of how talking and opening up is the first step in an inredibly confusing and wayward journey. Unfortunately not all of us are aware that there may be those around us who can give us support.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:57 pm

I see a lot of Fisho on Facebook, and just from reading her posts on there, I know she is an incredibly strong woman, and wonderful mother.

And funny as ****!

You're a champion Fisho.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:02 pm

I reckon that's why I wrote it. I've written it down for myself before - trying to sort out my own thoughts on the subject - but it's not the same. For some reason, it's something I have to TELL to someone else, not just write it down. This is what some people call attention-whore-ism. I don't reckon I am an attention whore. I get plenty of attention with my blonde hair and my big rack and my bizarre sayings. This is different. I don't want to call attention to myself over this - I don't want everyone thinking I'm some crazy abused person who can't move on - I just want people to read, and those who can understand, will understand a little more about me and why I'm the way I am. I will say that my online persona is just the same as I am in real life. Most of my mates reckon I'm cracked or 'weird, but in a good way' which basically means 'weird, but I don't want to offend you but I just REALLY HAVE TO TELL YOU YOU'RE WEIRD REGARDLESS'. Ahhhhh dear.

There's something else, too, now that I think of it. I said about my mum saying that my smoking dope caused my depression. I think I'd smoked it all of three times before I was first diagnosed. I remember we were in the car together last year and for some reason I thought of that and my eyes filled with tears and Mum asked me what was wrong. I said nothing, but she pulled over and said I could tell her, no matter what it was, so I burst out 'It wasn't bloody dope that made me depressed; if anything it was Dad and his f***ing behaviour. I can handle that, you know. I can handle that he was an arsehole, because I know something of what he goes through himself and I know he loves me. But what I CAN'T handle is you saying that s*** never happened. You and Dad both. He claims he doesn't remember. One day he's gunna have to face up to the man he's been. You KNOW that. And I'm sick of you blaming my depression on marijuana when my bloody family caused so much more damage. I love you guys but I can't deal with you saying that s*** didn't happen.' Mum looked at me for a second and then she just burst into tears. She didn't put her head down, she looked at me the whole time. She said that she was so sorry, and that she hadn't known how bad Dad was to me. (He saved his worst behaviour for when she wasn't around.) She said that it was her fault and she should've taken a different job so she wouldn't have had to go on business trips interstate (again, the business trips were when he was at his absolute worst). She said she was sorry she didn't protect me. She said she didn't realise how awful Dad was until my sister told her he'd been hitting me. I'd told her this several times but she thought I was exaggerating. I said 'Yes, because he insisted I was a liar and you bloody thought so too!' and she said it was something she would live with for the rest of her life. I hugged her and told her I loved her, and Dad too, and that I could forgive the pair of them anything in the world as long as they didn't pretend it didn't happen. Dad still apparently doesn't remember, but one day he's going to, and that's when we'll have our first honest talk in god knows how long. I love him but I don't believe any person can get away with an abhorration, and he is gunna have to face up to it sooner or later.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion