I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:53 pm

dedja wrote:
kickinit wrote:... Is this what you are resulting to now that I've proven (with actual facts) that you are wrong?

thought that would be your answer dedja, like I said the law doesn't lie.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby dedja » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:57 pm

So when Shahin appeals and then obviously wins the case because the District Court Judge was corrupt, will the police officer be executed as part of his sentence for this horrendous crime?
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 197 times
Been liked: 1014 times

Postby RB » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:03 pm

kickinit wrote:
RB wrote:I mean what did he do? Push him? If so where?

Grab him on the shoulder, forcing him to lose his balance.

And you're satisfied that this doesn't fit into subsection (2), despite the jury, who were present in court and witnessed the giving of evidence and cross-examination, returning a not guilty verdict, and the judge lambasting the trial as a waste of time and public money? Were both the judge and the 12-member jury on the take? Would love to know what goes through your head.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 770 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Postby dedja » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:59 pm

someone else's turn to rub the lamp ...

Hi mal
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby kickinit » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:01 am

RB wrote:
kickinit wrote:
RB wrote:I mean what did he do? Push him? If so where?

Grab him on the shoulder, forcing him to lose his balance.

And you're satisfied that this doesn't fit into subsection (2), despite the jury, who were present in court and witnessed the giving of evidence and cross-examination, returning a not guilty verdict, and the judge lambasting the trial as a waste of time and public money? Were both the judge and the 12-member jury on the take? Would love to know what goes through your head.

How does it fit into subsection 2? Seriously how long do you think you would last in the city going around and grabbing people? It can't be justified or excused by the law as he had given him permission to do what he was doing. He wasn't being aggressive he wasn't trying to escape, the only thing he was doing was what he was given permission to do so. The judge would of more then been happy as it would mean more days on the golf course then in the court room. The jury could easily already have a disliking to him and could of already made their mind up before it started. Thats why we have seen many cases get overturned in the appeal process. Thats the reason why we have a appeal process. If the judge and the jury got every verdict 100% right there would not be a need for a appeal process.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:02 am

dedja wrote:someone else's turn to rub the lamp ...

Hi mal

Seeing as your done now you can answer ukfan questions, you wouldn't want to be seen as someone that hides from something would you.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby dedja » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:06 am

Jeez, what do you think I am? An octopus?

Can't be expected to manage 2 stupids on the same night.
dedja
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:51 am

After reading about only on here and hearing bits and pieces I decided to look into this one and get as much detail I could.

I too have come up with my verdict ; Yasser Shahin is a complete and utter flog sock. Not necessarily for his actions on the day as we all have the ability to crack the brace and bits. More so for the follow on trial and complete waste of time money and resources all seemingly for a mindf@ck on the poor bloke who appeared to be doing his job.

This is coming from someone who has had a cop lie in court to gain a traffic conviction on them (ironically just around the corner from the event albeit some 20 years ago) so I think I have some degree analytical ability in this one. I would still love to hear the actual audio recorded by both parties. The overall tone of the incident and subsequent case is the mr OTR reeks of a$$hole
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby dedja » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:56 am

Poor form from the Advertiser today, haven't covered themselves in glory the past few days.
dedja
Coach

Postby kickinit » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:14 pm

dedja wrote:Poor form from the Advertiser today, haven't covered themselves in glory the past few days.

Whats poor about it? They cut the recording short so the jury wouldn't hear what he had said. Not only that the officer said in court under oath that he didn't know who the Shahins were, yet he gave a pretty good description to his boss.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby cracka » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:09 pm

wristwatcher wrote:After reading about only on here and hearing bits and pieces I decided to look into this one and get as much detail I could.

I too have come up with my verdict ; Yasser Shahin is a complete and utter flog sock. Not necessarily for his actions on the day as we all have the ability to crack the brace and bits. More so for the follow on trial and complete waste of time money and resources all seemingly for a mindf@ck on the poor bloke who appeared to be doing his job.

This is coming from someone who has had a cop lie in court to gain a traffic conviction on them (ironically just around the corner from the event albeit some 20 years ago) so I think I have some degree analytical ability in this one. I would still love to hear the actual audio recorded by both parties. The overall tone of the incident and subsequent case is the mr OTR reeks of a$$hole

In the words of the great Dennis Denuto "Its the vibe"
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:40 pm

cracka wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:After reading about only on here and hearing bits and pieces I decided to look into this one and get as much detail I could.

Do you mean Like Mabo?
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Psyber » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:14 pm

I've been pulled over by the cops a few times over the last 40 years for minor traffic offences and they have never been anything but civil to me.
But then I've never been anything but civil to them too.
Aggression breeds aggression...

I do agree, though, that the one time I went to court over a less minor traffic offence (1987) the version the police prosecutor presented to the court had been, shall we say, "oversimplified" a little and made it appear there had been a "chase" where there had not. My lawyer picked that up and the PP conceded there had been no "chase" when asked to be more specific. My lawyer made sure the details the police had left out were then stated clearly to establish context. (I was not convicted of "Speed Dangerous".)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 393 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby cracka » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:44 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
cracka wrote:

Do you mean Like Mabo?

It's the Constitution, it's Mabo, it's justice, its law, it's the vibe. (greatest Aussie movie ever)
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:24 pm

Psyber wrote:

I've been pulled over by the cops a few times over the last 40 years for minor traffic offences and they have never been anything but civil to me.

I do agree, though, that the one time I went to court over a less minor traffic offence (1987) the version the police prosecutor presented to the court had been, shall we say, "oversimplified" a little and made it appear there had been a "chase" where there had not. My lawyer picked that up and the PP conceded there had been no "chase" when asked to be more specific. My lawyer made sure the details the police had left out were then stated clearly to establish context. (I was not convicted of "Speed Dangerous".)

yep for sure. if you be a dick to the cops that is the quickest way for them to find things to book you for.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:24 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Psyber wrote:

yep for sure. if you be a dick to the cops that is the quickest way for them to find things to book you for.

Yes as a 19 year old I got pulled over and asked to lift up my bonnet. The cop said " I can smell petrol"... I said " it runs on petrol dickhead!, let's go lift your bonnet up" . This got a hilarious reaction and was a truly magical moment. The defect, fine and demerit points lost didn't end up being quite as funny. You live and learn.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:12 am

kickinit wrote:
dedja wrote:What world are you from because it's not Earth :lol:

Please provide me with the evidence that supports your assertion that the police office has committed an offence, because the Westminster System doesn't seem to agree with you.

The officer made physical contact with him, which he admits in his voice recording. Below is what SA defines as assault.

(1) A person commits an assault if the person, without the consent of another person (the "victim")—

(a) intentionally applies force (directly or indirectly) to the victim; or

(b) intentionally makes physical contact (directly or indirectly) with the victim, knowing that the victim might reasonably object to the contact in the circumstances (whether or not the victim was at the time aware of the contact); or

See B Dedja, under our law he committed assault. I'm guessing in your twisted brain you probably still think your right. I'm also guessing you think Nick stevens should of been found not guilty.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/sa/c ... 2/s20.html

While you're a kid, Mum and Dad ( if you're lucky enough to have both ) tell you what to do, when to do it and if you're a good kid, you listen and do it.

When you grow into adult hood the police are, in many respects, like your parents. If they tell you to go and "stand over there and shut the **** up" you really should do as you're told.

Some smug prick with a roller and fat wallet is not excluded from this set of rules and respect.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7513 times
Been liked: 10808 times

Postby RustyCage » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:46 am

Has anyone heard from Shahin since the court case? I'm worried for him. Hopefully he is seeking counselling to deal with the 'Nam like flashbacks he'd be having on a nightly basis of his brutal beating at the hands of the constabulary. He is Australia's own Rodney King, poor guy
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:01 am

RustyCage wrote:Has anyone heard from Shahin since the court case? I'm worried for him. Hopefully he is seeking counselling to deal with the 'Nam like flashbacks he'd be having on a nightly basis of his brutal beating at the hands of the constabulary. He is Australia's own Rodney King, poor guy

Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3308 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:09 am

RustyCage wrote:Has anyone heard from Shahin since the court case? I'm worried for him. Hopefully he is seeking counselling to deal with the 'Nam like flashbacks he'd be having on a nightly basis of his brutal beating at the hands of the constabulary. He is Australia's own Rodney King, poor guy

The only interest I have left in the case is to find out why the police officer and police department took out an injunction against the Advertiser to stop them printing a story about the officer.

The Advertiser are in court today seeking to over turn this injunction, I believe.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7513 times
Been liked: 10808 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion