Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:52 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Harris Curry House at Walkleys Heights. "New"

You don't even get a revue. Sultanas are for sultana bran, not curries and not dozens of them. Meat is the base not over spiced sauce and mysterious pieces of stuff.

Mango Lassi was OK, Naan bread is very hard to stuff up and they really nailed the plain rice.

$45 not well spent. Highly unlikely to return

3/10

You were only a few kms from Beyond India. Never been disappointed there

Agreed Beyond India Butter Chicken and cheeses naan is always solid. Just trying to support a new local. Literally less than a km from my house and the Pizza bar, chicken shop and super market have never let me down.

Yep, rate those pizzas highly!
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:34 am

You don't even get a revue. Sultanas are for sultana bran, not curries and not dozens of them. Meat is the base not over spiced sauce and mysterious pieces of stuff.

Mango Lassi was OK, Naan bread is very hard to stuff up and they really nailed the plain rice.

3/10

Sultanas are very common in curries.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10834 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:07 pm

Booney wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:...
Sultanas are for sultana bran, not curries and not dozens of them.

I often chuck in a handful when I'm making a curry.

Next we'll be hearing that pineapple doesn't belong on a pizza! :D
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:14 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Booney wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:...
Sultanas are for sultana bran, not curries and not dozens of them.

I often chuck in a handful when I'm making a curry.

Next we'll be hearing that pineapple doesn't belong on a pizza! :D

Americans will laugh at you if you ask for pineapple on a pizza. True story.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:31 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Americans will laugh at you if you ask for pineapple on a pizza. True story.

But they're as thick as shit. They don't count. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10834 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:33 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Americans will laugh at you if you ask for pineapple on a pizza. True story.

So will Hawaiins - I previously read we're the only country that does it?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5548 times
Been liked: 5175 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Pag » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:41 pm

Had my first Burger Foundry experience at the new Torrensville store last night.

Beef, swiss cheese, mushrooms, tomato, rocket, aioli with added bacon and a serve of fries.

Beef was perhaps a touch over for the way I like it but a good size and still juicy, bacon + mushroom is my favourite burger combination and didn't disappoint, opted for the wholegrain bun which was a good call. Seasoning on the fries was quality. $21.50 for the burger, fries and drink but will definitely be back.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:21 pm

Booney wrote:

3/10

Not 700 of them
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:28 pm

I wish I could eat out as much as you, Wristy!
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3308 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:50 pm

Pag wrote:Had my first Burger Foundry experience at the new Torrensville store last night.

Beef, swiss cheese, mushrooms, tomato, rocket, aioli with added bacon and a serve of fries.

Beef was perhaps a touch over for the way I like it but a good size and still juicy, bacon + mushroom is my favourite burger combination and didn't disappoint, opted for the wholegrain bun which was a good call. Seasoning on the fries was quality. $21.50 for the burger, fries and drink but will definitely be back.

Burger Foundry were Adelaides number one burger joint but alas they no longer sponsor me so they are shit ;)

I reckon the place H3 put us onto on this thread has them covered just all kidding aside. Slightly better meat, cooler setting and a bit cheaper. Never had a bad burger at the Foundry though to be fair. If I had to fault them the resteraunt on Magill rd is comically small with very long waits. Their Rocky Mountain high burger is an absolute taste sensation.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:51 pm

Pag wrote:Had my first Burger Foundry experience at the new Torrensville store last night.

Those that subscribe to Scoopon would've got today's deal for Burger Foundry.
Choice of 6 burgers plus fries for $10
(Add $4 for Angus Burger or $2 for any other burger on the menu).
Fair value me thinks...

Spargo
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:51 pm

Failed Creation wrote:I wish I could eat out as much as you, Wristy!

Mrs Wristy loves how much I eat out :lol: :lol: Bang!!!!
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:57 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:I wish I could eat out as much as you, Wristy!

Mrs Wristy loves how much I eat out :lol: :lol: Bang!!!!

It comes as no surprise who the first one to "like" this comment is...

Spargo
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:41 pm

wristwatcher wrote:

Burger Foundry were Adelaides number one burger joint but alas they no longer sponsor me so they are shit ;)

I reckon the place H3 put us onto on this thread has them covered just all kidding aside. Slightly better meat, cooler setting and a bit cheaper. Never had a bad burger at the Foundry though to be fair. If I had to fault them the resteraunt on Magill rd is comically small with very long waits. Their Rocky Mountain high burger is an absolute taste sensation.

I had the Aussie Burger when me and my girlfriend ate there, that was also sensational.

I'd like to go back there, I want to try there Sweet Potato chips as I missed out last time not realizing they had them until after I ordered.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10404 times
Been liked: 1538 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:50 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

I had the Aussie Burger when me and my girlfriend ate there, that was also sensational.

I'd like to go back there, I want to try there Sweet Potato chips as I missed out last time not realizing they had them until after I ordered.

Not sure where the Torrensville one is but 1927 Days is about 25 mins closer to your neck of the woods than the Foundry.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:57 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Not sure where the Torrensville one is but 1927 Days is about 25 mins closer to your neck of the woods than the Foundry.

My girlfriend lives at Holden Hill so that's why we went to the one at Magill.

127 Days is on my to do list!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10404 times
Been liked: 1538 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Pag » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:13 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Burger Foundry were Adelaides number one burger joint but alas they no longer sponsor me so they are shit ;)

127 Days next on my list too, as well as Nordburger and Burgastronomy.

The new Foundry is on Henley Beach Rd, walked 5-10 mins straight down the backstreet from Thebby Oval.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:22 pm

Yeah I had a meeting at Thebby today and didn't see it so it must be a little tucked away.

I did venture over to the new Brickworks today and was taken back by the new facilities. There was a place in there in the corner that did a pretty good Yiros on the rotisserie for $10.

The other Burger place we have frequented was Burger It on O,Connell. Owned by the Mrs mates. A lot cheaper and a good feed but definitely a notch below 127 and the Foundry. I think it was in the ent book last year and you could do worse than that place. Nice location, indoor and outdoor seating and nice and clean. In the 7.5/10 zone
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:33 pm

Bread & Bone and Chuck Wagon are up there with 127 Days.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby heater31 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Pag wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:[quote="wristwatcher"]

127 Days next on my list too, as well as Nordburger and Burgastronomy.

The new Foundry is on Henley Beach Rd, walked 5-10 mins straight down the backstreet from Thebby Oval.[/quote]
Almost any street south of Thebby would almost get you back to Henley Beach Rd.

Yet to have a bad Foundry experience.

However, if one finds themselves in London look up a chain called Byron Hamburger. It will be pricey at about 13 quid for an American style burger (standard cooking is medium) side of fries and a coke but top notch British service.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion