I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 01, 2017 2:49 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Why restaurants and pubs think its ok to serve prawns in stir frys, garlic prawns etc and leave the part of the shell on?

I just eat it :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4041 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 01, 2017 2:49 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Why restaurants and pubs think its ok to serve prawns in stir frys, garlic prawns etc and leave the part of the shell on?

The Tail?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon May 01, 2017 2:52 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

The Tail?

Normally the tail and the next segment of shell, its bloody annoying to have to use your fingers on this type of dish to get maximum meat content from your prawns.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2430 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Booney » Mon May 01, 2017 3:00 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

The Tail?

Normally the tail and the next segment of shell, its bloody annoying to have to use your fingers on this type of dish to get maximum meat content from your prawns.

First world problems.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10831 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 01, 2017 3:01 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

The Tail?

Yep, I get told that I'm too pedantic as I will never buy meals that I have to use my hands to eat.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon May 01, 2017 3:12 pm

Who the he'll doesn't eat the tail???
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5548 times
Been liked: 5175 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby bennymacca » Mon May 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Spargo wrote:Who the he'll doesn't eat the tail???

who the hell does?

(personally removing the tail doesnt really bother me though - though i dont really like having whole prawns in dishes like that)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Mon May 01, 2017 3:25 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Spargo wrote:Who the he'll doesn't eat the tail???

who the hell does?

(personally removing the tail doesnt really bother me though - though i dont really like having whole prawns in dishes like that)

Not just the tail, the mustard inside the head. The. Best. Bit.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon May 01, 2017 9:46 pm

What is a compaction certificate? Who issues them? How important are they and why have i never heard of them until now?

Our build contract has been formally accepted so we need to send in the bits and pieces to get council approval and all that and they mention this Compaction Certificate and we have to sign to say our consultant told us about it... well he didn't...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby heater31 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:54 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:What is a compaction certificate? Who issues them? How important are they and why have i never heard of them until now?

Our build contract has been formally accepted so we need to send in the bits and pieces to get council approval and all that and they mention this Compaction Certificate and we have to sign to say our consultant told us about it... well he didn't...

@nuggety goodness

There better be one other wise is going to cost big $$$$$$$$$$

A compaction test is required when you are planning to build a structure and you are in the process of preparing the ground. If the ground is too soft, it can cause settlement and shifting under your poured slab and footings which may affect your structural integrity once built. Compacting the ground is very important to increase the density of the sand pad to withstand the loads that will be placed on top of it. An earth worker will attend your site and compact your sand within the building envelope. The sand pad may be for a standard house, commercial structure, unit development, an extension of an existing structure, a filled in swimming pool that you want to build over, or even a perimeter test of an existing structure.A soil technician will attend your site and test the compaction levels to identify if they meet the minimum building requirements. Once this test passes, you can move on to the next part of construction: pouring your slab.

if you are in a major subdivision (Land SA, LendLease etc) there should be one 95% of the time
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon May 01, 2017 9:58 pm

heater31 wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:What is a compaction certificate? Who issues them? How important are they and why have i never heard of them until now?

@nuggety goodness

There better be one other wise is going to cost big $$$$$$$$$$

A compaction test is required when you are planning to build a structure and you are in the process of preparing the ground. If the ground is too soft, it can cause settlement and shifting under your poured slab and footings which may affect your structural integrity once built. Compacting the ground is very important to increase the density of the sand pad to withstand the loads that will be placed on top of it. An earth worker will attend your site and compact your sand within the building envelope. The sand pad may be for a standard house, commercial structure, unit development, an extension of an existing structure, a filled in swimming pool that you want to build over, or even a perimeter test of an existing structure.A soil technician will attend your site and test the compaction levels to identify if they meet the minimum building requirements. Once this test passes, you can move on to the next part of construction: pouring your slab.

if you are in a major subdivision (Land SA, LendLease etc) there should be one 95% of the time

Do they have it already or am i meant to obtain it myself?!?!?!?

I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby heater31 » Mon May 01, 2017 10:00 pm

The physical test should be done but you need to obtain a copy of it....... If your sales consultant isn't a useless **** then he should be able to get it for you.......but if he is call the people who sold the land and they should have it
heater31

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon May 01, 2017 10:23 pm

heater31 wrote:The physical test should be done but you need to obtain a copy of it....... If your sales consultant isn't a useless **** then he should be able to get it for you.......but if he is call the people who sold the land and they should have it

Righto, thanks. The house is being built by fairmont and the land is fairland... they work in the same office..... surely it would be a simple thing right....

The fact it has never been mentioned concerns me though...

nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby heater31 » Mon May 01, 2017 10:32 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
heater31 wrote:The physical test should be done but you need to obtain a copy of it....... If your sales consultant isn't a useless **** then he should be able to get it for you.......but if he is call the people who sold the land and they should have it

Righto, thanks. The house is being built by fairmont and the land is fairland... they work in the same office..... surely it would be a simple thing right....

The fact it has never been mentioned concerns me though...

New Home sales consultants have no idea about building just selling stuff they have NFI about....
heater31

Postby The Ash Man » Tue May 02, 2017 11:33 am

Anyone know a cheap (if there is such a beast) Sound/Acoustic Engineer (not for music but building regs.)
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 03, 2017 11:17 am

I have two work provided laptops, one I'm meant to take home and use in emergencies to save me from having to come back into the office in the middle of the night, it is meant to be able to work remotely using hotspot from my work provided iPhone but it doesn't, I can get it working via my house wifi though.

Question: Am I able to claim part of my phone bill on tax because of this?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed May 03, 2017 11:30 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I have two work provided laptops, one I'm meant to take home and use in emergencies to save me from having to come back into the office in the middle of the night, it is meant to be able to work remotely using hotspot from my work provided iPhone but it doesn't, I can get it working via my house wifi though.

Definitely.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5548 times
Been liked: 5175 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Wed May 03, 2017 11:38 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I have two work provided laptops, one I'm meant to take home and use in emergencies to save me from having to come back into the office in the middle of the night, it is meant to be able to work remotely using hotspot from my work provided iPhone but it doesn't, I can get it working via my house wifi though.

Absolutely. You work out the % of your monthly bill that is used by your work and x 12. I claim around 20% of our monthly $100 ( or so ) for work related matters.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:40 am

Sa Footy doesnt count....
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11938 times
Been liked: 3639 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 03, 2017 11:41 am

Booney wrote:

Absolutely. You work out the % of your monthly bill that is used by your work and x 12. I claim around 20% of our monthly $100 ( or so ) for work related matters.

I'll only claim for my wifi, my package includes 2 mobiles, a landline, wifi and foxtel x2.

There really is no way of proving how much time I spend on my work laptop at home is there? I have four other laptops at home aswell that all get a fair workout.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion