I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby FlyingHigh » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:31 am

If Nine and Cricket Australia are so excited about the ratings the day/night test brings, does that mean we are going to get FTA coverage of tours like India and South Africa in the future?
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 176 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:37 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:If Nine and Cricket Australia are so excited about the ratings the day/night test brings, does that mean we are going to get FTA coverage of tours like India and South Africa in the future?

Would be nice, but we know its unlikely
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12005 times
Been liked: 3667 times

Postby RustyCage » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:26 pm

You wouldn't think so. Not sure how long Foxtel have the rights for but you'd think they'd want to be keeping it
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:34 pm

There was a little cynicism in my query.

Wasn't sure about the anti-siphoning list, but can see now overseas tests aren't on it.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 176 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:49 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:There was a little cynicism in my query.

Wasn't sure about the anti-siphoning list, but can see now overseas tests aren't on it.

They never have been except the ashes.

I have never understood why people think it's a right to not have to pay for sport. You either pay or you don't. Nobody is forcing you.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:06 pm

We shouldn't have to pay for ads
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12005 times
Been liked: 3667 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:43 am

bennymacca wrote:
FlyingHigh wrote:There was a little cynicism in my query.

They never have been except the ashes.

I have never understood why people think it's a right to not have to pay for sport. You either pay or you don't. Nobody is forcing you.

People pay for sports?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2067 times
Been liked: 3929 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:34 pm

What's the going rate for phone bundles?

I have foxtel (not all channels), 500 gig internet, phone line and 16 gig for my phone, this comes in at $290 per month.

Telstra are trying to add $205 to my bill to add one phone and increase our shared data to 40 gig, we use probably 5 between us for the month.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4352 times
Been liked: 7969 times

Postby Alaska » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:51 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:What's the going rate for phone bundles?

I have foxtel (not all channels), 500 gig internet, phone line and 16 gig for my phone, this comes in at $290 per month.

Telstra are trying to add $205 to my bill to add one phone and increase our shared data to 40 gig, we use probably 5 between us for the month.

Wow seems pricey but is some communications costs and some capital e.g. phone cost.
We have Foxtel (paid separately) Phone and internet bundled (Internode 200GB) and separate phone plans (Telstra) 3GB but we own the phones. About $200 pm. We never go over on anything either calls or data.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Geezus, get rid of Foxtel, get a media centre for a one off cost of $100 and get on a phone plan for about $50 pm.
I should charge a commission.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2067 times
Been liked: 3929 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:39 am

Alaska wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:What's the going rate for phone bundles?

Wow seems pricey but is some communications costs and some capital e.g. phone cost.
We have Foxtel (paid separately) Phone and internet bundled (Internode 200GB) and separate phone plans (Telstra) 3GB but we own the phones. About $200 pm. We never go over on anything either calls or data.

After 4 phone calls and finally someone with some nous I managed to get both phones with 40 gig shared data, fox, land line and 500 gig of internet for $320 per month, knocked $175 off my bill, it's the best we could do as we both are paying for our phones via our contract.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Psyber » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:57 pm

Jeez that adds up fast.
I've got 250 GB and a VoIP phone with $10 credit and cheap calls from Internode for $54.90 per month.
Optus mobile is unlimited calls and texts in Oz and 1GB per month data for $30.
I use 15GB most months on the computers and about 300MB on the phone.

Come the NBN in February I'll probably dump the VoIP and go for the middle speed and about 100GB
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby bennymacca » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:18 pm

still sounds a lot. I have 250GB internet (Nuskope wireless), Fox (HD plus sports) and phone on a telstra BYO plan for $170 total. Add in my wife's prepaid phone with boost (on telstra's network) and it takes it to $210

question i would have is do you really need 40 gig of data? Any more than 10 each seems a lot, but if you travel a lot i guess you might.

And do you really need a landline anymore?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:24 am

bennymacca wrote:still sounds a lot. I have 250GB internet (Nuskope wireless), Fox (HD plus sports) and phone on a telstra BYO plan for $170 total. Add in my wife's prepaid phone with boost (on telstra's network) and it takes it to $210

question i would have is do you really need 40 gig of data? Any more than 10 each seems a lot, but if you travel a lot i guess you might.

We need a landline to have the wi-fi.

We only need probably 6 gig between us max, she needed it when her and her daughter's phones were linked but not now that ours are, but they wont lower it until her contract expires.

The majority of the problem is that we both have contracts that include purchasing a phone, it worked out cheaper to pay my phone out and merge her phone package with my internet and foxtel package.

We have to load up on gig for home as the kids play shit online, youtube and netflix a fair bit and we usually have one tv constantly on youtube autoplaying music.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:37 am

One of our journo folk here may be able to answer this question....

I was perusing yesterdays paper, namely the article on the sentencing of the killer of Louise Bell. A photo was also shown of another of his victims.

This may seem silly but would a paper contact the family as a courtesy to warn them (as such) that photos of their deceased child will be strewn across the paper, I'd hate to be the parents of Michael Black having these memories brought up again even though it doesn't really have anything to do with their child.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby stan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:56 am

Footy Chick wrote:One of our journo folk here may be able to answer this question....

I was perusing yesterdays paper, namely the article on the sentencing of the killer of Louise Bell. A photo was also shown of another of his victims.

This may seem silly but would a paper contact the family as a courtesy to warn them (as such) that photos of their deceased child will be strewn across the paper, I'd hate to be the parents of Michael Black having these memories brought up again even though it doesn't really have anything to do with their child.

Being the Tiser, unlikely. They wouldnt give a shit.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1257 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby bennymacca » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:39 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:still sounds a lot. I have 250GB internet (Nuskope wireless), Fox (HD plus sports) and phone on a telstra BYO plan for $170 total. Add in my wife's prepaid phone with boost (on telstra's network) and it takes it to $210

We only need probably 6 gig between us max, she needed it when her and her daughter's phones were linked but not now that ours are, but they wont lower it until her contract expires.

The majority of the problem is that we both have contracts that include purchasing a phone, it worked out cheaper to pay my phone out and merge her phone package with my internet and foxtel package.

We have to load up on gig for home as the kids play shit online, youtube and netflix a fair bit and we usually have one tv constantly on youtube autoplaying music.

Cant get naked DSL?

I would also be surprised if you used more than 250 gig a month, people rarely do (unless you smashed HD video streaming)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:14 am

bennymacca wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Cant get naked DSL?

I would also be surprised if you used more than 250 gig a month, people rarely do (unless you smashed HD video streaming)

I prefer telstra's coverage etc. the price to break the contract stuffs us.

I don't have enough time shop around etc. I look at it as though Telstra own all the network and stuff so they'll provide the best of everything.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:32 am

for mobiles i agree, i pay a premium for telstra because i think its worth it, but there are plenty of options for internet. And companies like internode/iinet/tpg (they are all the same now) provide a good service at a cheaper price.

If/when the NBN comes to your area i would definitely encourage you to shop around a bit.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Psyber » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:32 pm

bennymacca wrote:for mobiles i agree, i pay a premium for telstra because i think its worth it, but there are plenty of options for internet. And companies like internode/iinet/tpg (they are all the same now) provide a good service at a cheaper price.

If/when the NBN comes to your area i would definitely encourage you to shop around a bit.

In some places like Lismore and Townsville, where I've worked for few months from time to time, I've found my old phone on Vodafone and the current one on Optus have had better connectivity than my Telstra wifi modem I have to rely on when I'm away from home. When it dies I'll look at the other options.

At home in the Adelaide hills I'd have to concede Telstra has an edge, but the others have been fairly good - just the occasional dead spot when driving around.

I the Dandenong Ranges from 2003 to 2009 I loved my Orange CDMA phone.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion