Alien discussion

Anything!

Re: Alien discussion

Postby Johno6 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:59 am

I guess you could say the same that just because you don't think it was full of aliens, doesn't mean it wasn't......
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:17 am

Johno6 wrote:I guess you could say the same that just because you don't think it was full of aliens, doesn't mean it wasn't......

Correct.

Look, I believe there is every possibility that there may be other life forms out there, may be. I've not seen one nor enough evidence to suggest that there actually is life out there, not beyond reasonable doubt anyway.

I also believe it is at very best 50/50 that any other life form out there is more advance than us. Especially to the extent that they have mastered intergalactic travel.

There's every possibility that like we have done, evolution is taking place elsewhere. Then again we might just be all alone. I'm pretty certain of one part of the debate, none of us actually know the answer.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:28 am

I think it is almost certain there is some sort of life on another planet. There are hundreds of rocky planets in the habitable zone that have been found already, and there is more found every day.

I do think however that it is very unlikely there is civilisation on the scale of what we are at. Think about it. Civilisation as we know it has existed for maybe 250 years (since the industrial revolution?). Space travel has been around for 50 years.

The probability that another planet, that has been there for billions of years, is in that same few hundred or even few thousand year window as us is exceedingly small.

Microbes, bacteria, etc are another matter entirely, and I think they are almost certainly around. Possibly even in our solar system, in Titan for instance which has water ice on it
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:38 am

bennymacca wrote:I think it is almost certain there is some sort of life on another planet. There are hundreds of rocky planets in the habitable zone that have been found already, and there is more found every day.

I do think however that it is very unlikely there is civilisation on the scale of what we are at. Think about it. Civilisation as we know it has existed for maybe 250 years (since the industrial revolution?). Space travel has been around for 50 years.

The probability that another planet, that has been there for billions of years, is in that same few hundred or even few thousand year window as us is exceedingly small.

Microbes, bacteria, etc are another matter entirely, and I think they are almost certainly around. Possibly even in our solar system, in Titan for instance which has water ice on it

^^Alien sleeper ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:48 am

there has to be alien life out there... One small planet in a solar system can sustain us, there has to be heaps more out there. No way we are alone...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Psyber » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:13 am

bennymacca wrote:Would love to hear the story psyber

Of the sighting or the dreams... ;)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Psyber » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:22 am

Booney wrote:
Psyber wrote:
Squids wrote:
Booney wrote:4 pages of trolling and not one ban.... :lol:

Aliens are real buddy no trolling here.

At this stage perhaps I should state that when I was 10 years old I did actually see a UFO.
What's more it wasn't just something vague, but fairly convincing to a rather intellectual and sceptical kid - even admittedly a bit "Sheldon-ish".

Therein lies much of the debate. Just because it was to you, an Unidentified Flying Object, does not automatically make it full of alien life forms.

I agree absolutely.
In fact, the distances involved would make one tend to think visitors are unlikely.

The nearest other star (Proxima Centauri) is 4.24 years away if light speed were achievable, and much further away in time at the speeds our probes travel.
And it fluctuates in solar output making a habitable planet there unlikely.
(Of course if they already have base in our system... ;) )

http://news.discovery.com/space/alien-l ... 130314.htm
Last edited by Psyber on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psyber
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:24 am

Psyber wrote:

Story
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Psyber » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:47 am

bennymacca wrote:
Psyber wrote:

Story

To keep it brief and not bore others...
I was about 10 years old walking home from a friend's house, kicking a can along the road about 5pm, at dusk, so it must have been winter or thereabouts.
There was a crackling noise that made me look up.

What I saw was a dull cherry red disk coming down at about 45 degrees from high in the west, and trailing sparks.
At an elevation of about 35 degrees from where I was looking it stopped falling and hovered for a few moments.
The sparks and sound had stopped and the red colour faded to a dull grey.
Then it ascended vertically, rapidly and without noise.

While descending it was spiralling and the fleeting impression I got was of something like you would get if you put two shallow soup bowls together.
The perceived size was about that the full moon appears - a little smaller perhaps - I have no way of estimating the altitude as there were no clouds.

I didn't mention it when I got home as I knew my father was a total sceptic of anything like that and would belittle me for it.

I had never seen anything like it before, and never have since.
Psyber
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:51 am

Interesting story. I really do find things like that interesting.

Whether it was aliens I'm almost certain that it wasn't, but that doesn't mean you didn't see what you saw.

Apparently according to some people we are supposed to have a UFO buried somewhere here at DSTO. if I find it I'll be sure to let you lads know ;)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Squids » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:54 am

Pine Gap
Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby bennymacca » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:59 am

Squids wrote:Pine Gap

What about it?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby scoob » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:07 pm

I think it is quite ignorant to think if we can't travel through space in order to visit other habitable planets 'they' wouldn't be able too either.
Who is to say that they aren't a few thousand years in advance of us and have other fuel sources/technology to be able to pull it off.

Agree with Squids... we are not alone
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby Squids » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:08 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Squids wrote:Pine Gap

What about it?

full of aliens
Squids
Coach

Postby Psyber » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:23 pm

scoob wrote:I think it is quite ignorant to think if we can't travel through space in order to visit other habitable planets 'they' wouldn't be able too either.
Who is to say that they aren't a few thousand years in advance of us and have other fuel sources/technology to be able to pull it off.
Agree with Squids... we are not alone

I also tend to agree that there must be other civilisations out there somewhere, and that some of them may be more advanced than us, on purely statistical grounds. Despite my experience described above though, that doesn't mean I am convinced they are visiting us.
Psyber
Coach

Postby Strawb » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:28 am

I do believe in aliens and i always have. Area 51 is definitely there and the Americans are hiding something. We will never know what
I am the Voice Left From Drinking
Strawb
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby Squids » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:41 am

My theory is the aliens pick up our tv signals in space, they have decided not to visit.
Squids
Coach

Postby nwdfanparade » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:17 am

Someone explain to me why the tens of thousands of amateur, professional and government astronomers completely miss all these supposed UFSs travelling to our planet? Even comets that move hundreds of kms an hour take weeks to track across the sky so they can actually be verified as comets. If UFOs are travelling towards our plant from distant galaxies, wouldn't these astronomers be able to pick out the movement of the UFOs long before they get anywhere near earth? Why is it the UFOs were able to be photographed with a 1950s camera but since digital camera/video recorders there have been few if any photos of UFOs clearly showing that it is a machine not a fuzzy out of focus light somewhere in the far distance?

I watch a UFO doco last year where a couple claimed to have an encounter with a UFO. They both saw a psychiatrist who verified that they stories were similar. However they saw the psychologist 3 months after the alleged UFO encounter. You try telling me the husband and wife didn't have nightmares or discussed the alleged encounter and nightmares during the 3 months before seeing the psychiatrist?

Just because something in the sky e.g. a light apparition, cannot be explained does not prove that it was aliens/UFOs. There have been no definite proof that UFOs exist. Only fuzzy out of focus photos (many 50s photos were faked) and alleged testimony of people claiming to have alien encounters. Sure there have been occurrences of pilots, civil, military and commercial who claim seeing/encounters with UFOs, but until you prove to me that pilots, civil, military and commercial are unable to make mistakes, I will continue to disbelieve the existence of aliens/UFOs visiting our planet.

Even if aliens can travel a light speed, it will still take years to travel from distance galaxies to earth. Even if we could travel to the distances to far of galaxies, by the time we took to travel there and back again, the time lapsed on earth would be decades when the astronauts get back. Same for aliens. The time on their planet when the aliens return would be far passed the time the aliens left their planet. What point would it be for the aliens to report of earth of the 1950s when the time they get back to their planet earth year is in the 2000s? The information the aliens gathered is outdated. What's the point of all that effort going to distance a planet?

New comets are being discovered every year but no astronomer, amateur, civil or governmental has been able to track or identify a UFO allegedly travelling to our planet.
nwdfanparade
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 153 times

Postby Squids » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:51 pm

1. You don't think aliens would have cloaking devices on their ships?
2. It is well known that cloaking devices don't work when entering hyperspace, this is where you see the fast objects in the sky. Way too fast for a digital camera.
3. Maybe the aliens are trolling us?
Squids
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Of course Aliens are real and communicate with us. Just look on YouTube (tm) and you'll find all the proof you need!

Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion