I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:51 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Anyone tried the new Carlton Pale Ale?
I have been to 2 pubs for dinner the last 2 weeks and neither pub sold it.
Just wondering if it's any good?

I tried it at the crows west coast final, as they switched everything from super dry to that for finals, and it was shite.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:37 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:As you said, we can only worry about the things we can control.......
Beer is one of them ;)

In the interim my missus just asked me if I want her to take me to the pub after work to catch up for a beer with my brother and my mum, it sort of all collates well as now I have a thirst.

Did you tell her you'd have to think about it :D
Try it if they have it on tap and report back.

Yeah, I did the man thing and made it sound like a chore and threw in "if that's what you wanna do".

It wasn't there, mind you, the pub I go to recently converted to dollars from pounds, Carlton Pale should hit their fridges around 2023.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8068 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:15 pm

bennymacca wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Anyone tried the new Carlton Pale Ale?
I have been to 2 pubs for dinner the last 2 weeks and neither pub sold it.
Just wondering if it's any good?

I tried it at the crows west coast final, as they switched everything from super dry to that for finals, and it was shite.

Lucky the Navy blues are doing so well then.......
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2258 times
Been liked: 2597 times

Postby RustyCage » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:00 pm

Are real estates allowed to pass on your mobile number to your landlord?
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 934 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:29 pm

RustyCage wrote:Are real estates allowed to pass on your mobile number to your landlord?

I've had a quick squiz at the legislation, and I don't think so.

It's an offense for a tenant to give a landlord false information about the tenant's identity or place of occupation, so presumably this info is provided to the landlord at some stage, although the Act doesn't say when. As far as info on the agreement itself, it only has to state the tenant's name. Of course, the tenant get the agent or landlords number.

Do you know how the agent got your number in the first place? Did you voluntarily give it to them?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 756 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:00 am

When I wander down to my local IGA on a Saturday to get the paper that's wrapped around my race pages I usually grab a few scratchies with the change. When I have $6-10 worth of winners ( I get the $2 winners almost every time I buy some ) I reinvest in more.

1 - What is the material that you scratch off made of?

2 - What's the most you've won on a scratchie ( or someone you know has won) ?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7631 times
Been liked: 11100 times

Postby helicopterking » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:23 am

Booney wrote:When I wander down to my local IGA on a Saturday to get the paper that's wrapped around my race pages I usually grab a few scratchies with the change. When I have $6-10 worth of winners ( I get the $2 winners almost every time I buy some ) I reinvest in more.

1 - What is the material that you scratch off made of?

2 - What's the most you've won on a scratchie ( or someone you know has won) ?

All I know, is that scratches go off going through metal detectors at the airport.( I usually take $20 or so with me on flights to pass the time)
Most I've won is $40. Put the ticket in expecting $7. Personally, I Don't know anyone that's won anything substantial off them.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 683 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:29 am

Booney wrote: 2 - What's the most you've won on a scratchie ( or someone you know has won) ?

Far Call
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby MW » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Used to work at a Newsagency. Only really seen $1000 winners on the scratchies but once sold a woman a Div 1 winner in the lotto...$500k thanks very much. The frustrating part of it was it was an already printed ticket I did by mistake for the previous customer, and our procedure was to offer the printout to the following customers but if it doesn't get sold (some people only like accepting them from the machine direct), then us staff buy them. :evil:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby Gozu » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:45 pm

Magellan wrote:
RustyCage wrote:Are real estates allowed to pass on your mobile number to your landlord?

It's an offense for a tenant to give a landlord false information about the tenant's identity or place of occupation, so presumably this info is provided to the landlord at some stage, although the Act doesn't say when. As far as info on the agreement itself, it only has to state the tenant's name. Of course, the tenant get the agent or landlords number.

Do you know how the agent got your number in the first place? Did you voluntarily give it to them?

Every rental I've lived in part of the application process is you have to give the REA your phone number, for obvious reasons. I had always assumed there wouldn't be an issue with the REA then passing your number onto the landlord if required.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 663 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:53 pm

Gozu wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Every rental I've lived in part of the application process is you have to give the REA your phone number, for obvious reasons. I had always assumed there wouldn't be an issue with the REA then passing your number onto the landlord if required.

Perhaps the question is why does the landlord need the tenant's number if it has engaged a third party to act on its behalf? Understandable that the agent might want your number for communication purposes (and legislation aside, there's no real need for that since they know where you live anyway). The only correspondence that should come from the landlord/agent is to make arrangements regarding the tenant's legal right under the lease, such as when they're inspecting, if and when the lease might be ending, and perhaps reminders re: late rent, and all that can (and probably should) be done formally in writing. On the other hand, a tenant would be entitled to call the agent, such as to make arrangements for emergencies or repairs, and that's why the tenant has to get the landlord's number under the legislation. Keep in mind the landlord has no entitlement to enter the premises under the lease except in strict circumstances.

Of course, if you voluntarily agree to give the agent your number, then so be it. Although you'd need to have been aware that they're not strictly required to obtain it from you in the first place (again, as I read the relevant legislation).
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 756 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby Gozu » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:13 pm

If you refused to give a REA your phone number for a place you're applying for through them I dare say you won't end up getting the place.

It's pretty common for a REA to pass on the phone number of the tenants to the landlord when something needs to be fixed. Most landlords like to cost cut plus every bloke thinks he's a handyman so landlords usually try and fix things themselves so they will ring you to work out a suitable time and day to come around.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 663 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:57 pm

Does anyone have a price list for drinks at the Adelaide Oval? Specifically Beer. I googled it but couldn't find anything. I just saw on the news that they've dropped some prices??
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10707 times
Been liked: 1560 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby heater31 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:01 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Does anyone have a price list for drinks at the Adelaide Oval? Specifically Beer. I googled it but couldn't find anything. I just saw on the news that they've dropped some prices??

Just saw the SMA have buckled to public pressure and dropped some prices......West End Draught in particular
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:02 pm

heater31 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Does anyone have a price list for drinks at the Adelaide Oval? Specifically Beer. I googled it but couldn't find anything. I just saw on the news that they've dropped some prices??

Just saw the SMA have buckled to public pressure and dropped some prices......West End Draught in particular

Will they actually sell West End to the general public this year or do we have to settle for XXXX again?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby heater31 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:06 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Will they actually sell West End to the general public this year or do we have to settle for XXXX again?

Probably not to the Plebs....but happy days for members ;)
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:08 pm

heater31 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Probably not to the Plebs....but happy days for members ;)

Lol I thought as much.

Hoping the James Squire bar is running again.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:04 pm

heater31 wrote:

Dropped West End from $9.20 to $8.90.
Still a rip off for that sh*t. ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2258 times
Been liked: 2597 times

Postby MW » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:26 pm

They didn't drop the prices just decided to keep those items the same, but everything else still goes up
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby Psyber » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:51 pm

Gozu wrote:If you refused to give a REA your phone number for a place you're applying for through them I dare say you won't end up getting the place.

It's pretty common for a REA to pass on the phone number of the tenants to the landlord when something needs to be fixed. Most landlords like to cost cut plus every bloke thinks he's a handyman so landlords usually try and fix things themselves so they will ring you to work out a suitable time and day to come around.

I've never had (or sought) the phone number of the tenants in my investment property. I have been there as the apparent labourer assisting the handyman a couple of times, and recently with a guttering and roofing contractor to look at what needs doing - the current tenant was advised by the agent that would be happening and a mutually suitable time was arranged. Most of the guttering needs replacing or is close to it - original from 1983 - and I've accepted a quote to do the lot rather than patch it up.

However, a firm line is taken on the rent being paid on time, and the agent will act for me early if problems develop there.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 397 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion