Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:18 pm

Kahuna wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:I mock you for spending $466 dollars on dinner. [-X

Lunch!

:shock: Worlds richest centrals supporter ;)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Kahuna » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:33 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Kahuna wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:I mock you for spending $466 dollars on dinner. [-X

Lunch!

:shock: Worlds richest centrals supporter ;)

Not anymore!
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 504 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:49 pm

Don't worry, centrals are having a bad couple of years, they'll come good ;)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:11 pm

Weeroona Pub, Wallaroo

Always great food there. I had marinated kangaroo, kids had salt and pepper squid. Missus had a schnitzel. Fantastic!!!! 9/10.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:26 pm

Driving home from work at 8pm last night and my bed ridden pregnant wife had not eaten so I stopped at the corner of Addisson ave. and Grand Junction rd. Name escapes me but its a large Chinese restaurant. Was pleased to see 4 or 5 tables full of Asian customers and figured surely that's a good sign.

Large special fried rice, Beef Satay, Honey chicken and chicken and sweet corn soup. $38ish. Service was polite and had the meal served in ten minutes. Thought it was OK, all good flavours! all good cuts of meat....most importantly Lady Wristy and Fetus Wristy were happy. 7.5/10

Then today I got home from work at about 5.45 and had not had a chance to eat today as work is bat shit crazy ATM. Reheated it and f@ck me if it wasn't the best damn Chinese this fat food lovin lad has ever inhaled. Very much like Eddie Murphys old Raw/Delerious routine "that's the best damn cracker I have ever had, is that a Ritz?" :lol: it was a bowl licking 9/10.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:11 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Driving home from work at 8pm last night and my bed ridden pregnant wife had not eaten so I stopped at the corner of Addisson ave. and Grand Junction rd. Name escapes me but its a large Chinese restaurant. Was pleased to see 4 or 5 tables full of Asian customers and figured surely that's a good sign.

Large special fried rice, Beef Satay, Honey chicken and chicken and sweet corn soup. $38ish. Service was polite and had the meal served in ten minutes. Thought it was OK, all good flavours! all good cuts of meat....most importantly Lady Wristy and Fetus Wristy were happy. 7.5/10

Then today I got home from work at about 5.45 and had not had a chance to eat today as work is bat shit crazy ATM. Reheated it and f@ck me if it wasn't the best damn Chinese this fat food lovin lad has ever inhaled. Very much like Eddie Murphys old Raw/Delerious routine "that's the best damn cracker I have ever had, is that a Ritz?" [emoji38] it was a bowl licking 9/10.

Junction Palace Wristy and yeah they do some pretty decent Chinese Food.

The leftovers the next day are always great too! :D
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10388 times
Been liked: 1534 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:15 pm

That place has been there for at least 30yrs

never been there myself but looks like that I will be now
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11915 times
Been liked: 3628 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:42 pm

The House of the Red Dragon at Smithfield has always reigned supreme for my Chinese fix.

I tend to go twice a month and usually buy enough for the 3 of us to have a couple of days worth of meals.
The kids love their massive spring rolls that are $3.50 each and full of meat and veg in some awesome pastry and then one loves the honey chicken while the other is pretty keen on the sweet and sour pork so they are usually a given, well priced and decent servings.
Their Special Fried Rice is a meal on it's own with huge pieces of various meats through it and well priced so an Extra Large serving is always on our list.
I tend to sway between the Garlic King Prawns or Satay Steak (Their Sizzling Steak is also amazing).
All up, feeding the 3 of us a couple of times for generally under $70 rates highly with me, especially when we eat so much that we don't even feel like dessert. I've never left there disappointed.
9.5/10 for quality and price.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:49 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:The House of the Red Dragon at Smithfield has always reigned supreme for my Chinese fix.

I tend to go twice a month and usually buy enough for the 3 of us to have a couple of days worth of meals.
The kids love their massive spring rolls that are $3.50 each and full of meat and veg in some awesome pastry and then one loves the honey chicken while the other is pretty keen on the sweet and sour pork so they are usually a given, well priced and decent servings.
Their Special Fried Rice is a meal on it's own with huge pieces of various meats through it and well priced so an Extra Large serving is always on our list.
I tend to sway between the Garlic King Prawns or Satay Steak (Their Sizzling Steak is also amazing).
All up, feeding the 3 of us a couple of times for generally under $70 rates highly with me, especially when we eat so much that we don't even feel like dessert. I've never left there disappointed.

Agreed. Best Chinese I've ever had.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:05 pm

Never been there, but guarantee concubine and ying chow would give it a run for its money
bennymacca
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:11 pm

bennymacca wrote:Never been there, but guarantee concubine and ying chow would give it a run for its money

How can you guarantee something is better than something you haven't had yet?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:18 pm

Because I find it hard to believe that a place in Smithfield could be much better than two of the places consistently voted by food critics as the best Chinese in Adelaide.

Not saying it's not good though. Was more saying you guys should check those places out too
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:21 pm

bennymacca wrote:Never been there, but guarantee concubine and ying chow would give it a run for its money

I've heard wonderful things about the concubine, they seem a little pricey for my liking if I'm just taking my kids, if was taking a prospective shag then I'd give it a whirl.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:23 pm

bennymacca wrote:Because I find it hard to believe that a place in Smithfield could be much better than two of the places consistently voted by food critics as the best Chinese in Adelaide.

Not saying it's not good though. Was more saying you guys should check those places out too

Do the critics venture too far out from the CBD.

The Red Dragon is more of a family restaurant whereas the Concubine would be more suited to an intimate occasion or a business dinner.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:01 pm

Fair point, no idea tbh.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:01 pm

Ying chow is cheap though
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:05 pm

HH3 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The House of the Red Dragon at Smithfield has always reigned supreme for my Chinese fix.

Do they have lemon chicken to go with the sweet and sour ? :vom: :vom:
The Junction Palace is a lot more authentic.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:10 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Do they have lemon chicken to go with the sweet and sour ? :vom: :vom:
The Junction Palace is a lot more authentic.

I wouldn't even entertain the thought mate, lemon only goes on seafood in my foocab.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:37 pm

HH3 wrote:

It's a northern suburbs institution along with Bonanza Pizza!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Pag » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:14 pm

whufc wrote:
HH3 wrote:

It's a northern suburbs institution along with Bonanza Pizza!

For the Playford Council ratepayers at least. Those of us who grew up in Salisbury will say the Emperor's Crown opposite the Salisbury Cinema complex is the best. ;)
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion