Things that make you laugh

Anything!

Re: Things that make you laugh

Postby tipper » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:50 pm

this thread on Whirlpool forum is hilarious......
https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-r ... ?t=2476768
apparently it is illegal for a steakhouse restaurant to not have a vegitarian option on the menu :roll: ;)

edit, bugger, it was deleted... 7 pages of a supposed vegitarian going apoplectic because she was only offered chips and a salad at a steak restaurant. and she tried claiming that there was a law meant the restaurant was discriminating against her

i think she was protien deficient.....
Last edited by tipper on Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:00 pm

FFS, that's like kicking up a stink because you can't get a steak at a vegetarian restaurant.

Did you click on next page.. it's pretty funny, considering what we've been doing in the shits thread :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Pseudo » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:03 pm

tipper wrote:this thread on Whirlpool forum is hilarious......
apparently it is illegal for a steakhouse restaurant to not have a vegitarian option on the menu :roll: ;)

edit, bugger, it was deleted... 7 pages of a supposed vegitarian going apoplectic because she was only offered chips and a salad at a steak restaurant. and she tried claiming that there was a law meant the restaurant was discriminating against her

"But madam, a steak is nothing more than recycled grass. What could be more vegan-friendly?"
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:19 pm

My next visit to a vegan-gluten-flavor free establishment is going to be superb. ( Along with it being my first )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:37 pm

Booney wrote:My next visit to a vegan-gluten-flavor free establishment is going to be superb. ( Along with it being my first )

When are we going? ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:02 pm

tipper wrote:this thread on Whirlpool forum is hilarious......

I read enough of it - "misteaks were made", gold :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5527 times
Been liked: 5160 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby tipper » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:23 pm

heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:My next visit to a vegan-gluten-flavor free establishment is going to be superb. ( Along with it being my first )

When are we going? ;)

Next safooty gathering i hope [emoji1]
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby valleys07 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:06 pm

A guide to Stereo's......Killa Bro!

“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Magellan » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:57 am

Tony Abbott, Australia's most famous monarchist, asked to see the Queen, but she declined.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbott-was-snubbed-by-the-queen-on-his-trip-to-london-20151203-gler56.html

After losing the prime ministership, Tony Abbott sought an audience with the Queen during his trip to London last month, but the request was declined.

Mr Abbott, Australia's most famous monarchist and a former executive director of Australians for Constitutional Monarchy, was told that the Queen's schedule would not permit a meeting although she was in London at the time.

Mr Abbott's unsuccessful bid is revealed in part 5 of Fairfax Media's Shirtfronted series on the life of the Abbott government.

It also reveals that, on his last day in power, three of Mr Abbott's cabinet ministers discussed going to see him together to tell him his time was up.

In the morning of the day of the coup, Christopher Pyne and George Brandis, both Turnbull supporters by this point, separately phoned Julie Bishop about going together to see the leader.
She rejected the idea. Ms Bishop decided it had reached the critical point. It would be humiliating for a delegation to call on Mr Abbott.

She decided to go alone. She arranged to meet him the minute he returned from a trip to Adelaide, shortly before noon, and told him he'd lost the support of the party.

Ms Bishop still intended to vote for him until he later offered her job as deputy to another minister, Scott Morrison. At that, she considered herself no longer bound to vote for the leader.
Illustration: John Shakespeare

A few hours after Ms Bishop's call, Mr Turnbull went to see Mr Abbott to declare his challenge.

Mr Abbott was startled, despite feverish media reporting and warnings from colleagues.

He and his then chief of staff, Peta Credlin, had sometimes described Mr Turnbull in private as "another Peter Costello", all pose and no punch. They seemed to be convinced that he would never challenge.

The first leadership spill against Mr Abbott was precipitated when he announced that he had knighted the Queen's husband, Prince Philip.

The first leadership spill against Mr Abbott was precipitated when he announced that he had knighted the Queen's husband, Prince Philip. Photo: Getty Images

Mr Abbott, invited to give the Margaret Thatcher oration, was in London from October 26 to 28.

The Queen's daily schedule, which is published by the Palace, shows that she had only two appointments on the 26th and was apparently free in the evening.

On the 27th she hosted a morning reception and had an evening meeting with Britain's Prime Minister David Cameron but nothing in between.

And on the third and final day of Mr Abbott's trip she had no appointments all day but gave a reception in the evening, according to her published diary.

Mr Abbott once quoted Pascal in explaining widespread public support for the monarchy: "The heart has reasons that reason cannot know."

The former prime minister was careful to consult the Governor-General, Sir Peter Cosgrove, before approaching the Palace to make sure he was not breaching etiquette. He was encouraged to go ahead. Other former prime ministers have been granted audiences.

It's not clear whether Mr Abbott had any particular purpose in his request, but he said in September that part of the Queen's appeal was as a symbolism of continuity: "The Crown is a fixed and stable point in a shifting and changing world."

The first leadership spill against Mr Abbott was precipitated when he announced that he had knighted the Queen's husband, Prince Philip.

Correction: In Thursday's editions, the secretary of the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet at the time of the shooting down of MH17 was wrongly named as Michael Thawley. At that time, it was actually Ian Watt.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:03 am

Nothing wrong with gluten free, gluten makes my girlfriend ill and she cooks the best meals I've ever had, lots of meat and veggies, can't go wrong!
She misses beer but makes up for it with cider and wine while I drink her share.
Bit unfair to lump gf in with wanker vegans or lack of favour.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby heater31 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:21 am

Wedgie wrote:

Nothing wrong with gluten free, gluten makes my girlfriend ill and she cooks the best meals I've ever had, lots of meat and veggies, can't go wrong!
She misses beer but makes up for it with cider and wine while I drink her share.

You can buy gluten free beer......it actually tastes like beer too.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Alaska » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:18 am

heater31 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

You can buy gluten free beer......it actually tastes like beer too.

Yes, O'Briens is very good and Dan Murphy stock it
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby carey » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:44 pm

Man buns.

Why, just why have them?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:18 pm

Getting a text from my brother :

See you at 5:30. I'll have Chad and Tim with me to try your beers.

Not ******* bad.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:21 pm

carey wrote:Man buns.

Why, just why have them?

To give their boyfriend something to hold.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:06 pm

I've posted this here because there's no 'things you don't understand' thread (or maybe there is and I can't be stuffed looking for it).

A Krispy Kreme 24 drive-thru?

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/krispy-kreme-doughnut-factory-in-adelaides-north-ready-to-roll-out-sweet-treats/news-story/336e724bd8bdae8fa78fa625ea52f805

I like a doughnut as much as the next person, and have often taken advantage of Cafe de Vili's over the years, but is there that much demand for a humble nutful of dough? Personally, I reckon if all those people who obsess over Krispy Kremes did a blindfold test against a rival doughnut they'd be flat out trying to tell the difference.

Mind you, anything to stop people clogging up overhead luggage compartments on domestic flights with boxes and boxes of the bloody things.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:19 pm

I know if I do go to Krispy Kreme, it's never before 9pm.

We go there maybe once a fortnight to get a coffee and mudcake doughnut.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby norwood8 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:04 pm

norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:04 am

Magellan wrote:I've posted this here because there's no 'things you don't understand' thread (or maybe there is and I can't be stuffed looking for it).

A Krispy Kreme 24 drive-thru?

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/krispy-kreme-doughnut-factory-in-adelaides-north-ready-to-roll-out-sweet-treats/news-story/336e724bd8bdae8fa78fa625ea52f805

I like a doughnut as much as the next person, and have often taken advantage of Cafe de Vili's over the years, but is there that much demand for a humble nutful of dough? Personally, I reckon if all those people who obsess over Krispy Kremes did a blindfold test against a rival doughnut they'd be flat out trying to tell the difference.

Mind you, anything to stop people clogging up overhead luggage compartments on domestic flights with boxes and boxes of the bloody things.

I reakon a blind test would see them take the Balfours Choccie over any Krispy shite.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:10 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The response I got from the girls at work who were all in discussion about how the supplier for their work clothes.

They were all complaining about how the sizing seemed way smaller than last year despite being the same clothing company so I thought I might chuck in "Well perhaps you've all gained weight".

It sounded like a chook shed after that.

You brave brave man...
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion