I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby HH3 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:13 pm

tipper wrote:ok, in relation to this article: http://www.news.com.au/national/south-a ... 7213056530

i need to know about the charges that the bloke was hit with, "operating a radio communications device without a licence" and "possessing such a device without a licence"....

since when do we need to have a licence to have/operate a cb radio? am i breaking the law when i use the handheld units i purchased for when we go 4 wheel driving? am i a fully sick rebellious lawbreaker? brb, hiding the contraband :roll:

or is it just a law that they only bother charging you with if you are being a tool with it like the bloke in the article seems to have been?

using the term "fully sick" (even sarcastically) should be an offense.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:16 pm

All the more amazing, given he had to find two or more people to harass on CB radio.

"Breaker, breaker, Overland Radio 419 here, is there anybody out there?"
"Catch you on the 1 2, good buddy."
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby MW » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:17 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:All the more amazing, given he had to find two or more people to harass on CB radio.

"Breaker, breaker, Overland Radio 419 here, is there anybody out there?"
"Catch you on the 1 2, good buddy."

"Victor Charlie Charlie this is Mike Sierra Foxtrot" (might be showing my age with that one....)
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2654 times
Been liked: 1882 times

Postby cracka » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:23 pm

tipper wrote:ok, in relation to this article: http://www.news.com.au/national/south-a ... 7213056530

i need to know about the charges that the bloke was hit with, "operating a radio communications device without a licence" and "possessing such a device without a licence"....

since when do we need to have a licence to have/operate a cb radio? am i breaking the law when i use the handheld units i purchased for when we go 4 wheel driving? am i a fully sick rebellious lawbreaker? brb, hiding the contraband :roll:

or is it just a law that they only bother charging you with if you are being a tool with it like the bloke in the article seems to have been?

Don't need it for UHF but some other radio communications you do. The guy in the article is an absolute menace though & has been repeatedly up on charges in relation to UHF use, he amplifies his units (which is illegal) so he can speak over the top of people & just constantly abuses everyone, truckies mainly.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 466 times
Been liked: 574 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby tipper » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:25 pm

cracka wrote:

Don't need it for UHF but some other radio communications you do. The guy in the article is an absolute menace though & has been repeatedly up on charges in relation to UHF use, he amplifies his units (which is illegal) so he can speak over the top of people & just constantly abuses everyone, truckies mainly.

righto, so the article could have been a bit more specific in its description. cheers Cracka :)
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby tipper » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:25 pm

HH3 wrote:

using the term "fully sick" (even sarcastically) should be an offense.

:oops:
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby dedja » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:28 pm

Using the word offense should be a criminal offence in Australia, unless of course you meant to be offensive.
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

This post has not been approved by Dave from Alberton.
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 1062 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:34 pm

dedja wrote:Using the word offense should be a criminal offence in Australia, unless of course you meant to be offensive.

I typed it offence and the swiggley line told me I was wrong so I changed it. Never trust the swiggley line.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:34 pm

HH3 wrote:
dedja wrote:Using the word offense should be a criminal offence in Australia, unless of course you meant to be offensive.

I typed it offence and the swiggley line told me I was wrong so I changed it. Never trust the swiggley line.

The swiggly line is a yank.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:03 pm

Whats the chances of getting out of a parking fine for parking in a bike lane?

Moved in yesterday, no signs near my house, put the car out the front and got a $247 fine for parking in the bike lane between 4-6pm.

I understand the need for the fine, but **** me, $247 is f**kin insane!
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:51 am

I'll swap you that for my wifes $400 for doing 70 in a 60 zone...
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:55 am

MW wrote:I'll swap you that for my wifes $400 for doing 70 in a 60 zone...

No need to get that more powerful Kluger then.... ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7543 times
Been liked: 10874 times

Postby MW » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:58 am

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:I'll swap you that for my wifes $400 for doing 70 in a 60 zone...

No need to get that more powerful Kluger then.... ;)

Can't afford it now! :lol:
MW
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:32 am

HH3 wrote:Whats the chances of getting out of a parking fine for parking in a bike lane?

Moved in yesterday, no signs near my house, put the car out the front and got a $247 fine for parking in the bike lane between 4-6pm.

Thats a fair old fine.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1258 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:02 am

HH3 wrote:Whats the chances of getting out of a parking fine for parking in a bike lane?

I got out of a parking fine once.
I stopped in a bike lane for less than 30 secs to answer my phone. A council vehicle drove by just as I did so and I saw him snap the pic with his mobile phone whilst driving. I challenged the fine when it came in the post, mostly because it was unjust but the point that got me out of it was I mentioned that it was "illegal to use a phone while driving and probably an OH&S issue". I was later told that my mention of OH&S is more than likely what got me off.
Did you get a ticket or was it sent in the post?
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:16 am

Dogwatcher wrote:

I got out of a parking fine once.
I stopped in a bike lane for less than 30 secs to answer my phone. A council vehicle drove by just as I did so and I saw him snap the pic with his mobile phone whilst driving. I challenged the fine when it came in the post, mostly because it was unjust but the point that got me out of it was I mentioned that it was "illegal to use a phone while driving and probably an OH&S issue". I was later told that my mention of OH&S is more than likely what got me off.
Did you get a ticket or was it sent in the post?

It was stuck to the windscreen.

I didnt see the guy do it because we were out. I wonder if he walks down the street, or if he pulls over in the bike lane to jump out and give tickets. Might sit out the front tonight and have a gander. ;)
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:33 pm

Not sure you'll be able to get out of it, mate. Given it was stuck on your windscreen. It's your word against yours.

For a while, we had a sticker licker doing the rounds of our neighbourhood. He booked a number of cars for being partly on the footpath - not a problem there.
Except for the fact he booked a friend of ours who I'd warned to move her car - after she had moved it and parked it properly. Our neighbour saw him writing the fine out and later let me know, confirming my belief that the car had been moved before the ticket had been written. My neighbour actually challenged him on the veracity of the fine as it was being written.
We made a bit of noise about it but the fine stood as it was the sticker licker's word against ours.
However, since then, our street hasn't been bothered since by parking inspectors.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:35 pm

Are there fines on the street anywhere near? You might be able to argue that there aren't any signs anywhere.
However, their response will be - there's a bike lane, you should just assume you shouldn't park in it - it's like speed zones, if you don't know the speed limit you should just assume it's 50.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby dedja » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:44 pm

@pseudo

Did the informal vote at yesterday's Liberal Party leadership spill motion involve any depictions of phallic symbols?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

This post has not been approved by Dave from Alberton.
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 1062 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:59 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Are there fines on the street anywhere near? You might be able to argue that there aren't any signs anywhere.
However, their response will be - there's a bike lane, you should just assume you shouldn't park in it - it's like speed zones, if you don't know the speed limit you should just assume it's 50.

There isnt a sign near our place, but there is one a bit further up. Its pretty hard to spot if you're not looking for it though. Its on a stobie.

The other thing that shits me is I can park there 22 hours a day, just not between 4pm and 6pm. The ONLY time I want to park there.

Like I said before, Im not fussed getting the fine. I was technically in the wrong. I think Im a pretty honest person.

The thing thats pissing me off is the amount. $70 would have been a big enough incentive not to do it again.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion