Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby JK » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:34 pm

Yeah mate, we couldn't finish all the food .. Beers probably helped I suppose, was hungry 3-4 hours later.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:06 am

Q. wrote:In a food coma, forgive me.

Ordered 'The Cure' burger with sides of fried chicken and arancini balls.

The balls were top notch, crunchy on outside and cheesy in the middle. Chicken was tasty and succulent and came with a delicious dipping sauce.

The burger had two Angus beef patties, double bacon double cheese and pickles. Meat was great, but the pickles were even better and the burger held together well for its size.

Up there with one of the best burgers I've had in Adelaide.

I rate 127 Days very highly, I also now rate Bad Boy Burger Bar on Grange Road ( Cnr East Ave ) just as highly. They also have a store in North Adelaide.

Went there Friday night, had the Coopers Ale Burger deal. Coopers Ale Cheeseburger, chips and a Pale for $18.

The burger, being a cheeseburger, wasn't anywhere near as big as The Heart Attack or Big Boy on the table next to us, but was ample with chips on the side. The meat was perfectly cooked, just a touch of pink deep inside* and the chips, while bog standard fries, had clearly been cooked well in nice clean oil. The shop is also very accommodating for dine in folks, easily seat 30 odd and has that American Burger Bar feel/look about it. Could have sat outside if you wanted and obviously being licensed is a real bonus.

They also have yiros ( which looked awesome ), fish'n'chips, standard fish and chip shop fare. Highly recommend it.

I had The Cure last time round at Days Rd, mine fell to pieces. Although, I might add I was 3 parts cut so my fine motors skills would have been well off. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7541 times
Been liked: 10870 times

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:10 am

After a pretty rough week last week the boss took me to Zoots at Henley Square for the full breakfast, full? You betcha!

Now, a breakfast is pretty hard to screw up, but I reakon for $20 it would feed the average couple.....I can put my tucker away, I never got close.

3 bacon, 2 eggs, 2 hashbrowns, baked beans, mushrooms, spinach and pine nuts, 2 slices of thick cut toast and a cheese cransky. ( Full size cransky )

Great location, excellent coffee too.

I've heard and had mixed experiences there for dinner, but this was a smashing breakfast and as noted, I think it would be ample for two people to share. For $20 I rate it as really good value in a cracking location ( on the right morning weather wise, obviously )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:12 am

Have eaten at Zoots a few times (admittedly not for a coupla years) and the food was exceptional every time
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:32 am

Will definitely check it out on the right morning or evening
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11997 times
Been liked: 3665 times

Postby Coach Bombay » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:19 am

had my buck show on the weekend, wento a brewery in myponga called the smiling samoyed. Nice beer and wood oven pizza's!
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:25 am

Its not a bad location Smiling Samoyed, I hope the beer has improved, cos under the previous owner it was absolute rubbish!

Went to a 21st there a few years back
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:45 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I hope the beer has improved, cos under the previous owner it was absolute rubbish.

safooty's resident brewmaster has spoken.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5582 times
Been liked: 5196 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:55 am

Spargo wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I hope the beer has improved, cos under the previous owner it was absolute rubbish.

I hope MT has sampled the **** Yeah! IPA and the Frankenbrown from the Big Shed Brewing Concern in Royal Park?

They've got a couple of other little offerings in the making as well.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:58 am

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:

I hope MT has sampled the **** Yeah! IPA and the Frankenbrown from the Big Shed Brewing Concern in Royal Park?

They've got a couple of other little offerings in the making as well.

SSSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:02 am

I haven't as yet, but that is on my radar.

Just haven't had an opportunity to get down to the side of town lately.

ive heard very good reviews!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:08 am

wrong thread, but sort of relevant, but it is good to see the rise of Craft Brewery's coming through.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:45 pm

Coach Bombay wrote:had my buck show on the weekend, wento a brewery in myponga called the smiling samoyed. Nice beer and wood oven pizza's!

I was there a few weeks back. Which beer was your favourite?
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3313 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:19 am

Went back to the Windmill last night. $22 w the voucher for our mains.

I stuck with the mixed grill and the missus went for the rump. Service was good and food was good.

Another solid 8/10.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 852 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:33 am

Day 50 of not smoking today so I get the restaurant of my choice.

I'm thinking the Cure burger at 127 is going to get destroyed for lunch.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:41 am

Going to check out the new tea tree gully hotel. I'll get back to you later
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 225 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:13 pm

127 days located @ 127 Days Rd. Croydon. Not only open 127 days a year as my stoner Nephew asked.

It is cute, hip little hidden gems of a venue with air conditioning and music and interesting decor with table and window bench seating. The place looked clean and we were served immediately with all food coming out together in a reasonable amount of time. We all had meal deals for $16 each which came with hashtag chips and your choice of drink which included a good selection of American varieties.

Mrs. Wristy had the mushroom melt. Of the 3 this was the least appealing. A little dry and could have had more bacon. Still good with excellent meat. She gave the meal deal a 7/10.

Stoner mini Wristy had the mother trucker and got some of it in his mouth. In his words "everything on here is f@cken good". 8.5/10

I had "The Cure" and a 2 hour nap when I got home. As previously reviewed it two Angus beef burgers, bacon, cheese , onion and a sweet pleasant contribution of pickles. With the hash tags and a root beer it was fan-bloody tastic. Not sure how anyone could dislike this burger. 9/10

Overall 8.5/10. Definitely recommend. Well done to the posters who already recommended it and great to see a review by Booney when you Google it :lol:
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:18 am

wristwatcher wrote:127 days located @ 127 Days Rd. Croydon. Not only open 127 days a year as my stoner Nephew asked.

It is cute, hip little hidden gems of a venue with air conditioning and music and interesting decor with table and window bench seating. The place looked clean and we were served immediately with all food coming out together in a reasonable amount of time. We all had meal deals for $16 each which came with hashtag chips and your choice of drink which included a good selection of American varieties.

Mrs. Wristy had the mushroom melt. Of the 3 this was the least appealing. A little dry and could have had more bacon. Still good with excellent meat. She gave the meal deal a 7/10.

Stoner mini Wristy had the mother trucker and got some of it in his mouth. In his words "everything on here is f@cken good". 8.5/10

I had "The Cure" and a 2 hour nap when I got home. As previously reviewed it two Angus beef burgers, bacon, cheese , onion and a sweet pleasant contribution of pickles. With the hash tags and a root beer it was fan-bloody tastic. Not sure how anyone could dislike this burger. 9/10

Overall 8.5/10. Definitely recommend. Well done to the posters who already recommended it and great to see a review by Booney when you Google it :lol:

Heeeey! I'm a food blogger! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Ash Man » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:55 am

Went to the Windsor Hotel yesterday for lunch.
4 of us got tapas plates to share with mini cheeseburgers, crumbed Camembert, potato spun prawns, potato skins and oysters Kirkpatrick.
I started feeling sick about 10 last night and apparently so did everyone else.
6/10 while eating
-100/10 for last night
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:05 am

Used the Entertainment book voucher at The Lighthouse at the Port Saturday night.

The breeze had picked up at about 7:30-8pm, we sat outside on a perfect sumemrs night and enjoyed a really good meal. Mind, you, the 4 of us ( me, Mrs Boon and another couple ) were the only people eating when our meals came out!

A group of 6 inside had finished and were about to leave, there were two bar flies in the front bar who left at around 8, so the cook had plenty of time on his hands to prepare the meals. All were good quality pub food.

I went fish and chips ( crumbed ), was very nice, the Mrs a Chicken Burger, again, loved it while my mate had the S&P squid for the second time in a month there and his Mrs the Chowder ( say it, Frenchy! ) that was served in a hollowed out bread roll, like we've all seen at a party where someone's Mrs will make one of those cheese dip thingys. The chowder was really, really tasty.

The Lighthouses own ginger beer is something to behold on a hot summers night, it was a perfect addition to a feed of fish and chips on a summers night with the breeze cooling things down.

With hardly anyone to serve the staff came out to enjoy the cool breeze, the manager sat and chatted for a bit, nice lady indeed.

All in all, I'd give it 8/10. Despite the lack of patronage the place offered some good quality tucker and pretty good prices. ( The fish and chips with 2 pieces of fish, salad and veggie bar was $17.90. A pint of the ginger beer was $7 )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion