Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby bennymacca » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:53 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:so what are you worried about then?

Got no issue with cops pulling me over for a breath test, and I would rather they do it then than hassle me inside the pub.

(Used to be funny at the Freeling pub when the word would get out that the cops were around, because everyone would groan at having to walk home haha. I used to specifically park my car in a way that i didnt have to make any turns to get home.

Once again, doesnt make it right, maybe i should have got done back in the day

I was merely entering the discussion of how I see wasted tax payer money, I am entitled to an opinion and in the 3 years that I've frequented the said establishment I have never seen them make a succesful arrest of a drink driver, I have however seen drug deals taking place on several occasions.

not having a go.

Have you contacted the police about the drug deals though? Seems like something you may have a fair bit of information about.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:53 pm

HH3 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:There's plenty of pubs they could nab people 2 or 3 times over the limit, plenty of pubs they could nab parents of two kids drunk and not one that had been drinking cokes.
I'be worked in an investigative section before, all they need to do is have a bit of nouse, community knowledge and intelligence and they could be doing a ten times better job for the community ans spending our tax payers money more efficiently.

How do you know they aren't at those pubs too. Do you carry a police scanner everywhere?

Criticizing police is the most ignorant thing people do these days.

If its an inconvenience, people just cry "revenue raising!" or "I know how to do their job better!"

Spot on mate. "I could do a better job!" ...... here's the recruitment link. Put up or shut up, I say.

http://www.achievemore.com.au/police-of ... t-process/
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7532 times
Been liked: 10839 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:54 pm

HH3 wrote:
Thats a matter of opinion. I dont think breathos are time wasting exercises. No matter which pub they're set up near. The one near the Reepham would also catch people heading into and out of town (depending which side its on) trying to avoid Main North Road.

There's usually a method to the madness.

Do you think the police wanna stand out in the cold not catching anyone? They set up where they think they'll catch the most people. And if someone is caught, thats their own fault.

Breatho's are fine, I have no issue with them at all, they are an integral part of road safety and keeping idiots off of the road.

The cops aren't waiting out in the cold, they stash out amongst the other cars in the warmth of their vehicle and target patrons that leave the front bar and I've never seen or heard of them catching anyone.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7946 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:54 pm

Just quietly, im thirsty. can the end of the day come quickly so i can go and have one too many at the pub and risk driving home? :D
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:55 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Thats a matter of opinion. I dont think breathos are time wasting exercises. No matter which pub they're set up near. The one near the Reepham would also catch people heading into and out of town (depending which side its on) trying to avoid Main North Road.

There's usually a method to the madness.

Do you think the police wanna stand out in the cold not catching anyone? They set up where they think they'll catch the most people. And if someone is caught, thats their own fault.

Breatho's are fine, I have no issue with them at all, they are an integral part of road safety and keeping idiots off of the road.

The cops aren't waiting out in the cold, they stash out amongst the other cars in the warmth of their vehicle and target patrons that leave the front bar and I've never seen or heard of them catching anyone.

they wouldnt do it unless they caught someone. they would move to somewhere else.

maybe it is the non regulars they catch - after all, the regulars would seem to know that the breatho's are there all the time?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:56 pm

bennymacca wrote:Just quietly, im thirsty. can the end of the day come quickly so i can go and have one too many at the pub and risk driving home? :D

I'll drop the car home, walk there for a few imperials and then see if Mrs Boon will be sporting enough to collect me.

But yes, this is certainly making me very ******* thirsty!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:57 pm

HH3 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:There's plenty of pubs they could nab people 2 or 3 times over the limit, plenty of pubs they could nab parents of two kids drunk and not one that had been drinking cokes.
I'be worked in an investigative section before, all they need to do is have a bit of nouse, community knowledge and intelligence and they could be doing a ten times better job for the community ans spending our tax payers money more efficiently.

How do you know they aren't at those pubs too. Do you carry a police scanner everywhere?

If its an inconvenience, people just cry "revenue raising!" or "I know how to do their job better!"

Because I've frequented those pubs much more than I've frequented the Reepham.
I have no issues with brrethos being set up on roads or people driving erratically or breaking a law being tested, all for it, they seem to get a heap of people. Hassling targeted people continuously for no result I have an issue with, they'd have more success at a McDonalds.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2063 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby heater31 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:58 pm

bennymacca wrote:Just quietly, im thirsty. can the end of the day come quickly so i can go and have one too many at the pub and risk driving home? :D

Ha got an email this morning from my state manager reminding us that knock off is 4.30 today for beers and pizza!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:01 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Like FC said, uniformed cops arent gonna stand around at pubs waiting for deals to happen. Plus it would only take one bust before the crims relocate their deals anyway.

If they're that big of an operation, there's probably surveillance on them anyone, and the drug squad would go after the source first.

But they'll sit in an unmarked car in the dark and try to nab a bloke who has 2 kids with him hoping that he's been drinking?

People are that stupid, believe it or not.

Haven't you heard all the parents they've picked up drug and drink driving at school pick up times lately?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1745 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:03 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Like FC said, uniformed cops arent gonna stand around at pubs waiting for deals to happen. Plus it would only take one bust before the crims relocate their deals anyway.

If they're that big of an operation, there's probably surveillance on them anyone, and the drug squad would go after the source first.

But they'll sit in an unmarked car in the dark and try to nab a bloke who has 2 kids with him hoping that he's been drinking?

Haven't you heard all the parents they've picked up drug and drink driving at school pick up times lately?

Oh I believe you girlfriend.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:04 pm

bennymacca wrote:
not having a go.

Have you contacted the police about the drug deals though? Seems like something you may have a fair bit of information about.

And say what?

I keep to myself mate and the safety and well-being of my family is #1 for me, what other people do is their own perogative, I don't need to bring trouble on to myself, I go there for a punt, sometimes a feed and more often than not, a beer.

I've never been asked if I want drugs and I've never felt threatened by their obvious presence, it would be nice if it stopped though as it's not a good look.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:05 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:

I know, how crazy, that should be in "Hangover IV".
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:07 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
not having a go.

And say what?

I keep to myself mate and the safety and well-being of my family is #1 for me, what other people do is their own perogative, I don't need to bring trouble on to myself, I go there for a punt, sometimes a feed and more often than not, a beer.

I've never been asked if I want drugs and I've never felt threatened by their obvious presence, it would be nice if it stopped though as it's not a good look.

You could tell the local police station, anonymously, that you have concerns of drug deals taking place anywhere. Be it the house across the road from you or the pub you drink at. If it's plain and obvious to you and you'd rather it not take place then report it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby am Bays » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:07 pm

Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Spot on mate. "I could do a better job!" ...... here's the recruitment link. Put up or shut up, I say.

http://www.achievemore.com.au/police-of ... t-process/

Anything the Police do to catch drink drivers is fine by me.

pretty good chance that the police doing the RBT have at some stage attended a fatal car crash with alcohol as the primary cause
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 1834 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:15 pm

LOL the cops are flying drones over Paralowie today.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:19 pm

Is it beer o'clock yet?
All this talk has made me thirsty
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:19 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
not having a go.

And say what?

Crime stoppers. Especially if you know there's likely to be a cop in the carpark most nights.

Cops can't see everything. If you have info that you aren't sharing with the police, you can't really blame them for not doing anything about it.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:20 pm

The Ash Man wrote:Is it beer o'clock yet?
All this talk has made me thirsty

Am I the only one that feels like some meth now......?

I'm about 1km from the Reepham Hotel too....anyone know a dealer?

;)
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:06 pm

Haha it would be the first bust the cops make :)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:08 pm

Less than 3 hours till happy hour at the Reepham! :)
Wedgie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion