Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Gozu » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:15 pm

bennymacca wrote:no, what did you do to make her start slamming and knocking on doors? :D

Smoking in my backyard. I'm a renter and if you're a renter you can't smoke inside. Her place is that far away from mine so reading between the lines I think she's an ex-smoker and they're on par tolerance wise with the Taliban.

Just waiting to come home to a horse's head on the bed now!
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:25 pm

I'd empty your ashtray on her front door mat, in her letterbox, underneath her windscreen wipers - not that I'm vindictive or a shit stirrer...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5568 times
Been liked: 5189 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jase » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:12 pm

Having my young fella sitting on the bench for a half a game last week and then half a game tonight in an Under 12 game of soccer which has unlimited interchanges... tonight he went on in the first half with 5 minutes to go only due to an injury... he then started the 2nd half and was on for 12 minutes before being brought to the bench again...

After talking to the team manager and letting him know that this was a heap of crap, he got subbed on again after about 5 minutes...

He is yet to play more than 70% of a game and there are others in the team who have not sat on the bench for 1 minute this season...

He has been at the club since he was 4 in the development squad and is now in under 12s

He's no star player but he's no dud either, he's a good solid little player...

May have to look at going somewhere else at the end of the season... which will be sad
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1508 times
Been liked: 563 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:34 am

Jase wrote:Having my young fella sitting on the bench for a half a game last week and then half a game tonight in an Under 12 game of soccer which has unlimited interchanges... tonight he went on in the first half with 5 minutes to go only due to an injury... he then started the 2nd half and was on for 12 minutes before being brought to the bench again...

After talking to the team manager and letting him know that this was a heap of crap, he got subbed on again after about 5 minutes...

He is yet to play more than 70% of a game and there are others in the team who have not sat on the bench for 1 minute this season...

He has been at the club since he was 4 in the development squad and is now in under 12s

May have to look at going somewhere else at the end of the season... which will be sad

Without opening the veritable can of worms, every parent wants their kid playing every minute, simple fact is they can't.

I've been on the wrong side ( as a team manager / assistant coach ) of a side where parents made their discontent known, kids pick up on that and it's no easy task coaching and managing a side. Cut the coach a break.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7535 times
Been liked: 10848 times

Postby Jase » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:39 am

Booney wrote:
Jase wrote:Having my young fella sitting on the bench for a half a game last week and then half a game tonight in an Under 12 game of soccer which has unlimited interchanges... tonight he went on in the first half with 5 minutes to go only due to an injury... he then started the 2nd half and was on for 12 minutes before being brought to the bench again...

Without opening the veritable can of worms, every parent wants their kid playing every minute, simple fact is they can't.

I've been on the wrong side ( as a team manager / assistant coach ) of a side where parents made their discontent known, kids pick up on that and it's no easy task coaching and managing a side. Cut the coach a break.

I don't want him to play every minute of every game...

I want him to have a fair crack like the rest of the team seems to...

That is not to much to ask, that he be given a fair crack... when there are players who haven't sat on the bench for 1 minute the entire season, do you think that is right in a under 12 non-federation team????
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:42 am

No, I don't, not at that age group. But then again I'm not the coach so I can't say how, when or why he's made those calls.

I know it's tough mate, I've been on both sides of the coin and trust me the coaching / managing side can be pretty thankless when all you're trying to do is your best for the kids you are coaching.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jase » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:53 am

Booney wrote:No, I don't, not at that age group. But then again I'm not the coach so I can't say how, when or why he's made those calls.

I know it's tough mate, I've been on both sides of the coin and trust me the coaching / managing side can be pretty thankless when all you're trying to do is your best for the kids you are coaching.

I understand, as I've done both roles before, and usually I'm the hardest judge on my son's effort and will support the coach in pretty much everything, but this is a joke.

My young fella doesn't complain during the games, just sits on the bench and plays wherever he is told, but he goes home after each game and just is miserable that he isn't getting a fair run...

Just breaks my heart, because he never complains to the coach, just gets on with it, until he is in the car and just breaks down...

That's not right
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:55 am

Jase wrote:
Booney wrote:No, I don't, not at that age group. But then again I'm not the coach so I can't say how, when or why he's made those calls.

I understand, as I've done both roles before, and usually I'm the hardest judge on my son's effort and will support the coach in pretty much everything, but this is a joke.

My young fella doesn't complain during the games, just sits on the bench and plays wherever he is told, but he goes home after each game and just is miserable that he isn't getting a fair run...

Just breaks my heart, because he never complains to the coach, just gets on with it, until he is in the car and just breaks down...

That's not right

I agree mate, it isn't. Best of luck with it all.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jase » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:58 am

Booney wrote:
Jase wrote:

That's not right

I agree mate, it isn't. Best of luck with it all.

Cheers mate...

It's been good venting on the couch of Psychologist Boon...

Will make for an interesting training session tomorrow night
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:01 am

Jase wrote:
Cheers mate...

How many players are on the bench each week?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4351 times
Been liked: 7956 times

Postby Jase » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:07 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jase wrote:
Cheers mate...

Saturday 1 (Junior Jase), Last night 2 (Junior Jase and another)...

Last night The Other went on after 10 minutes, leaving JJ stuck on the bench until 5 minutes before 1/2 time and only went on because of an injury...
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:35 am

Jase wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jase wrote:
Cheers mate...

Last night The Other went on after 10 minutes, leaving JJ stuck on the bench until 5 minutes before 1/2 time and only went on because of an injury...

Tbh my first thought was you might have just been a typical parent that wants the best for their kids but may be overthinking it a bit.

But then I see this and I change my tune completely. If there is only one or two on the bench with unlimited interchange it seems ridiculous that he doesn't get a run.

Surely you just say to 4/5 kids right this is your week to be rotated and each of them get a spell on the bench and the rest of them play 75% game time.

Then you change who gets rotated the next week.
Hell even if you only rotate your 4/5 worst kids they all would then be guaranteed at least 70/80% game time.

Not sure what it's like with soccer but in the Barossa footy you don't even play finals at that level...
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jase » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:55 am

bennymacca wrote:
Jase wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jase wrote:
Cheers mate...

Tbh my first thought was you might have just been a typical parent that wants the best for their kids but may be overthinking it a bit.

But then I see this and I change my tune completely. If there is only one or two on the bench with unlimited interchange it seems ridiculous that he doesn't get a run.

Surely you just say to 4/5 kids right this is your week to be rotated and each of them get a spell on the bench and the rest of them play 75% game time.

Then you change who gets rotated the next week.
Hell even if you only rotate your 4/5 worst kids they all would then be guaranteed at least 70/80% game time.

Not sure what it's like with soccer but in the Barossa footy you don't even play finals at that level...

As I have said, he is no superstar, he knows he's not the most skillful player on the team, but he is no dud either, a middle of the road, solid little player...

All I want for him (and all of the kids in the team) is for an even shot, if he plays 70% of one game and then 60% another then 80% another that's fine because that will mean that others are also doing the same...

Yes I am protective of my Junior Jase, but I'm a realist as well...
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby HH3 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:57 am

Maybe if he got more time, he'd improve. Thats the coaches job.

Where's the team on the ladder?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Jase » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:04 am

HH3 wrote:Maybe if he got more time, he'd improve. Thats the coaches job.

Sitting 3rd...

Some might say that well it is working for the team so suck it up...

But an example, JJ started one game, setup 2 goals in the time he was on, came off half way through the 1st half, stayed off until 15 minutes into the 2nd half in which time the opposition scored 2 goals and equalised. When he came on, he then setup another goal and the team won.

So of the 3 goals we scored he had a direct hand in all of them, 3 crosses from his wing, 3 goals.

Next week starts on the bench and doesn't come on until 10 minutes to go in the half... then gets subbed off again with 15 minutes to go in the 2nd half.. .

He does OK and contributes when he's on...

Anyway, I'm just whinging now... actually, I've been whinging all morning so will stop...
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby HH3 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:07 am

Jase wrote:
HH3 wrote:Maybe if he got more time, he'd improve. Thats the coaches job.

Sitting 3rd...

Some might say that well it is working for the team so suck it up...

But an example, JJ started one game, setup 2 goals in the time he was on, came off half way through the 1st half, stayed off until 15 minutes into the 2nd half in which time the opposition scored 2 goals and equalised. When he came on, he then setup another goal and the team won.

So of the 3 goals we scored he had a direct hand in all of them, 3 crosses from his wing, 3 goals.

Next week starts on the bench and doesn't come on until 10 minutes to go in the half... then gets subbed off again with 15 minutes to go in the 2nd half.. .

He does OK and contributes when he's on...

Anyway, I'm just whinging now... actually, I've been whinging all morning so will stop...

It does sound ridiculous, especially with the one man bench thing going on. The only problem with looking at moving clubs, is it might happen at the next place too coz he'll be the new kid.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:13 am

Jase wrote:

You have every right to have the shits on, I was expecting you to say there's like 8 on the bench every week, surely a better rotation can be implemented even if it means keeping the guns on the field.

I've seen in my sons footy where everything appears equal and the message is trying to be across that it is, it's just that some are more equal than others.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:19 am

Sounds like the coach is a wanker. Plain and simple.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:20 am

Q. wrote:Sounds like the coach is a wanker. Plain and simple.

It's big business mate, my 9 year old copped a heavy tag last Sunday playing under 10's footy, it's not the first time either.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:22 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Q. wrote:Sounds like the coach is a wanker. Plain and simple.

It's big business mate, my 9 year old copped a heavy tag last Sunday playing under 10's footy, it's not the first time either.

Oh FFS. Let the kids play footy.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion