Chopper Read dies

Anything!

Re: Chopper Read dies

Postby HH3 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:45 am

heater31 wrote:
HH3 wrote:
smac wrote:He was a story teller, not sure how channel 9 didn't work that out.

They wouldve known. But holding onto an interview til after he died guaranteed ratings.

My question is, since he confessed to 4 murders over 2 weeks before he died, and Channel 9 didnt pass the info on to police, can they be charged with anything?

At the end of the story they stated they passed on information to police. Did not state when they did it but with only days to live why would police waste resources when all medical opinions say he won't make it to trial.

The police would still want to tie all the loose ends up and close the cases, no matter if he's dead or not.

I didnt see the program, so just commenting on what i hear from people that did.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby RustyCage » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:54 am

His philosophy was to not let the facts get in the way of a good story, his final "tell all" interview would have been no different
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Gozu wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Uncle Chop Chop you old scallywag. Sixteen days before he dies he says in an interview that he killed Sid Collins. For those of you who have read some Chopper books you will know that Chopper was put inside in Tasmania for shooting Collins. Chopper always said that this was an absolute frame up and why would he 'hide' the gun in an obvious place etc etc.

Sid Collins disappeared a while ago (not sure when) and just before he dies Chopper says he killed the bloke? Nice little scam to go out on Chopper. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't but the Collins murder could very well go down as Chopper's final whopper.

regards,

REB

I saw that big 60 Minutes interview last night too REB but why do you suggest he was bullshitting about killing that bikie boss?

Because he wants to be remembered like Squizzy Taylor and Ned Kelly. Read was convicted of shooting Collins and I believe him when he said he didn't do it. If Read wanted to kill Collins in the early nineties he would have gotten rid of the gun and not given the bloke a lift to the hospital. Later on Collins disappeared...what better way to fuel the Chopper 'Legend' than 'Collins fingered Chopper and paid the ultimate price'. I call bullshit.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1820 times

Postby tigerpie » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Nobody gets away with killing a bikie boss...he bullshitted so he didnt spend the rest of his life in prison and/or an early painfull death.
Now he's gone he can fess up. You know it makes sense!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 506 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:58 pm

Who has the heavier rep? Chopper easily, even without the BS books.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1820 times

Previous

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion