Anything!

Do you like the rankings?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes : 23

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:22 pm

Nothing worse than a feature that 'ranks' posters. The worst type of board is the one where newbie opinions are considered somehow less valid just because they have a life and haven't posted as much as some of the regulars.

'We are all amigos here'...

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1728 times
Been liked: 1833 times

Postby - » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:08 pm

Wedgie,

Glad you didn't post the fact you were in the shower on some of the other threads.

As for disclosure of alliance I think it should be up to the poster to decide if they want to let it out.

It was fun early on when you all had no idea who I followed. Wesley McGlashan is still yet to disclose his alliance.
Never give a sucker an even break

Nor ban a user for an acceptable topic of discussion.

"Baby on board". Why dont you put a sign on ur car saying "adult on board" or "car stereo in use"?
-
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Jimmy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:10 pm

Wedgie wrote:Stars are based on the same as the rankings, the more posts made, the more stars, mods and site admin auto have 5 stars.

I just had a thought in the shower (try not to picture it! lol), perhaps instead of a ranking I could put what club people support in that spot and maybe where the stars are just a small horizontal line with the colours of their team.
I know a few times on footysa and bigfooty I've got confused thinking to myself "who does that bloke barrack for again?" as it helps put perspective on some people's comments when you know who they go for, obviously this isn't an issue with Roosters Rules the World or Tigerboss but has been with others.
Thoughts?

sounds fair wedgie :D
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:09 pm

No probs guys, I've pissed off the rankings, Ill put up a new poll about team allegiances.
As Dasher is concerned about people like Wesley I'll make it a purely voluntary exercise if people want to me to take it down.
I'll go by Spell Checks thread to put up teams, Im not sure which one I'll qualify for!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2151 times
Been liked: 4090 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Wedgie » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:40 pm

OK, I've made a decision, I might do what I did on the Roost at one stage, in the little spot above avatars and below your Username you can have whatever you want printed there (within reason and size), check out where "Site Admin" is in regard to my Username to the left and you'll know what I mean.
Any requests can be PM'd to me.
Egs: Go Roosters, Sturt Member, Drunk, I Love Mum, anything you want.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2151 times
Been liked: 4090 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby spell_check » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:28 am

Team names above avatars is a good idea.

You could link that up with a thread/poll that says how many go for who. This would just about eliminate those wankers who troll and say they go for the same team.
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 184 times

Previous

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion