Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:41 am

HH3 wrote:
Feenix wrote:
Booney wrote:Boss is taking me out for lunch, might head to Bad Boy Burger bar on Grange Road. Review to come...

They're good burgers there, make sure you're hungry as they're defnitely bad boys

I got the biggest one when i went there. I had to take half of it home. It was massive!

Yeah, no "Heart Attack" for lunch, unless I can get away with an afternoon snooze in the office! ( Done it before.... :lol: )

Might go the mushroom.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7543 times
Been liked: 10874 times

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:00 pm

Bartley Tavern on West Lakes Shore.

Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner. Superb and ticked every box. 2 for 1 in the entertainment book.

Service was friendly, fast, polite and professional. The girl at the desk welcomed us, got us the table we wanted and made us feel important. We had a nice table by our selves in a busy venue overlooking West Lakes.

The salad and veg bar was the best I have seen. Some diverse choices including an artichoke salad, sweet spicy noodles and about 12-15 fresh, tidy looking choices. Interesting sign that children may not serve themselves. I liked it. It also had a range of a dozen sauces, warm rolls and room temp butter. It really was good enough to order by itself.

The 3 mains were all done perfectly.
Having perused the salad and veg bar I went with a dozen oysters Kilpatrick and they were fantastic. Rich and full of flavour. I sucked the f@ck out of them with pure delight.
Mum is a strict vegetarian and she had a wild mushroom and something Rissotto. Loved it and it was huge and presented beautifully.
Mrs had fish and chips and it was a complete contrast to my last order at the Oakden. The batter was like delicate oily angels dancing on my taste buds and the fish had size, substance and taste. She couldn't get through it all. The big dog stepped up to the plate.

In what was a nice surprise either the chef or manager came and introduced themselves and asked about each of our meals and talked to our baby. As we left the very nice girl at the start (seriously gentleman very nice indeed) thanked us for our patronage and said she hoped we would return in the near future. We most certainly will even without a voucher.

The 3 meals cost me a laughably cheap $41 as they discounted the second most expensive meal.

Pub food and service done right. Well done Bartley Tavern 9.5/10. Highly recommend.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 852 times

Postby JK » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:19 pm

Nice review mate, Leggy's been great for a feed for a long time now. My missus loves the place so id better take her there some time soon.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:52 am

wristwatcher wrote:Bartley Tavern on West Lakes Shore.

Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner. Superb and ticked every box. 2 for 1 in the entertainment book.

Service was friendly, fast, polite and professional. The girl at the desk welcomed us, got us the table we wanted and made us feel important. We had a nice table by our selves in a busy venue overlooking West Lakes.

The salad and veg bar was the best I have seen. Some diverse choices including an artichoke salad, sweet spicy noodles and about 12-15 fresh, tidy looking choices. Interesting sign that children may not serve themselves. I liked it. It also had a range of a dozen sauces, warm rolls and room temp butter. It really was good enough to order by itself.

The 3 mains were all done perfectly.
Having perused the salad and veg bar I went with a dozen oysters Kilpatrick and they were fantastic. Rich and full of flavour. I sucked the f@ck out of them with pure delight.
Mum is a strict vegetarian and she had a wild mushroom and something Rissotto. Loved it and it was huge and presented beautifully.
Mrs had fish and chips and it was a complete contrast to my last order at the Oakden. The batter was like delicate oily angels dancing on my taste buds and the fish had size, substance and taste. She couldn't get through it all. The big dog stepped up to the plate.

In what was a nice surprise either the chef or manager came and introduced themselves and asked about each of our meals and talked to our baby. As we left the very nice girl at the start (seriously gentleman very nice indeed) thanked us for our patronage and said she hoped we would return in the near future. We most certainly will even without a voucher.

The 3 meals cost me a laughably cheap $41 as they discounted the second most expensive meal.

Pub food and service done right. Well done Bartley Tavern 9.5/10. Highly recommend.

I 2nd that motion.

Been a while since I have eaten there but it sounds the quality remains
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12007 times
Been liked: 3667 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:45 am

We've been meaning to check the Bartley. Its 2 minutes from my place, but because its not on any of our routes we forget about it.

Then when we DO drive past, we always say "we should check the Bartley out"....

Next time.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:14 pm

Colonnades tavern

Schnitty night $11 but toppings are extra but Max out at $5

Had chicken with Mexican mayhem $4 extra

At $15 you can't go wrong

Solid pub grub

8/10
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12007 times
Been liked: 3667 times

Postby Mic » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:34 pm

Jimmie's at Crafers, a pizza bar that also serves other food.
Wife had a small lamb pizza, I had a medium seafood and proscuitto pizza. Both were superb.
We squeezed in a dessert each from their specials, a really nice chocolate pudding.
With a glass of wine each (plus I had a coffee), our bill was $96.
Friendly service in a nice spot.
A favourite spot of ours - 9/10.
Last edited by Mic on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 145 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:40 pm

Mic wrote:Jimmie's at Crafers, a pizza bar that also serves other food.
Wife had a small lamb pizza, I had a medium seafood and proscuitto pizza. Both were superb.
We squeezed in a dessert each from their specials, a really nice chocolate pudding.
With a glass of wine (plus I had a coffee), our bill was $96.
Friendly service in a nice spot.
A favourite spot of ours - 9/10.

$96 is pretty steep Pizza and dessert. Seafood and prosciutto sounds good though.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:51 pm

Hackney Hotel. 25% off in the ent book.

Went in a group of 5 adults and 2 babies. The service was polite and nice and the restaurant is spacious and I'd even go as far as to say fancy looking.

We started with a garlic loaf where you have to put the garlic on yourself. I can't stand this hipster shit. If I wanted to make the food I would have stayed home. A bit peculiar that they don't give you bread either but not to worry.

My mate and his wife went for their supposed award winning burger and chilli fries. They seemed to like it. Mumsy went the vegetarian pasta but it was served a little cold but she said tasted fine and wifey and I had the 300g porterhouse steak. My steak was cooked very well and was served with chips and salad. I wasn't all that hungry but it's fair to say the portions are on the smaller side.

Me and my mate had a froth and the girls had a wine and a coke. The total of the bill was about $180 and it came down to $140ish. It's a nice place to dine but if you were hungry you would need a entree and main and by the time you have a $9 pint the price could really blow out.

8/10.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:02 pm

My girlfriend and I went to the Tea Tree Gully hotel for lunch today, she raved about it after having drinks there with friends on Thursday night. The outside restaurant/bar area looks great, awesome setting they've got there. We shared Wedges and got the Moroccan Chicken Pizza. The Wedges were good, just standard wedges but the best thing about them is we got plenty of Sour Cream and Chili Sauce. The Moraccan Chicken Pizza was absolutely delightful, one of the best pizzas I've had. Loved it.

The food coming out of the kitchen looked great, I was going to go with their Beef Burger but decided we'll share the pizza.

A great spot for lunch/dinner on her side of town, and looks to be a place for a very decent pub meal.

8/10
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10437 times
Been liked: 1545 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:24 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:My girlfriend and I went to the Tea Tree Gully hotel for lunch today, she raved about it after having drinks there with friends on Thursday night. The outside restaurant/bar area looks great, awesome setting they've got there. We shared Wedges and got the Moroccan Chicken Pizza. The Wedges were good, just standard wedges but the best thing about them is we got plenty of Sour Cream and Chili Sauce. The Moraccan Chicken Pizza was absolutely delightful, one of the best pizzas I've had. Loved it.

The food coming out of the kitchen looked great, I was going to go with their Beef Burger but decided we'll share the pizza.

A great spot for lunch/dinner on her side of town, and looks to be a place for a very decent pub meal.

8/10

Good to hear it's improved from my last visit. It's a 2 for 1 as well from memory. I might. Have to give it another chance and just steer clear of the schnitzels.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:19 pm

Maranello Pizza Bar - John st. Salisbury. Basically on the corner across from the Pub and Interchange.

Big thanks to SPOS for the use of their best players vouchers. We had 2 x $30 vouchers so the entire meal was free.

Ordered 15 wings, garlic bread, cheese bread and 4 large pizzas. Vegetarian, BBQ Meatlovers, Supreme and American or Pepperoni. Did the job on 6 of us. We did have to pick it up though.

I find when you take a bite of a Pizza you tend to know straight away if it's good, bad or indifferent. I was amazed that first bite, these were crackers. When we opened the box they looked good, when we tasted them they were excellent. The sauce was good and the toppings were generous and looked and tasted fresh.

When I placed the order it was painful as I got a girl who told me three times she was new and really really nervous and it was a large order and to be fair we were not paying. There was a lot of so sorry I need to ask the manager but she was polite and sweet and it really didn't bother me at all but it did take a long time to order, like 6-7 minutes. Then she called me back to confirm.

Upon arrival the restaurant had 15-20 people in it and I recognised it as previously being Cafe Aqua from 2007 when I used to catch buses for a year after a bad decision one night. Not sure how long it's been Maranello for. They also forgot to give us our cheeses bread which both of us noticed but chose not to mention. They did call us 5 minutes later apologising and offered to comp us next time. Again very polite and when we picked the food up they were really nice even though we were not paying.

My local is the Walkleys Heights a pizza bar which is good but this was better. I would pay for these pizzas and wings would recommend it to those in the area. 8.5/10
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:46 am

wristwatcher wrote:Maranello Pizza Bar - John st. Salisbury. Basically on the corner across from the Pub and Interchange.

Big thanks to SPOS for the use of their best players vouchers. We had 2 x $30 vouchers so the entire meal was free.

Umm, if you don't play for SPOS, how did you get in their best players? :shock:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:36 am

Footy Chick wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Maranello Pizza Bar - John st. Salisbury. Basically on the corner across from the Pub and Interchange.

Umm, if you don't play for SPOS, how did you get in their best players? :shock:

I'm an old scholar. I didn't win them myself.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:20 pm

Cool, I might go to Old Iggies and scam some best player vouchers off them then ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:53 pm

I wonder if Ocean View College have any vouchers for the Taperoo Deli....
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:21 pm

My mate who works at North Adelaide lent me his ute to pick up my new fridge from West Lakes. I threw him the ent book and said pick a restaurant between Prospect and West Lakes for your trouble. He chose the Woodville hotel....muthafunken Stone Grill baby. Well played Sir 8)

We both went for the 250g sirloin from memory with creamy garlic sauce and had an entree of garlic bread. What a cut of meat. If steak can be sexy this was the Charlice Theron of meat. The side of slaw was tasty and the chips were hot, seasoned and tasty. 400 degrees of sizzling goodness gave me the best steak I have had in 2015.

Service was good and friendly and the place has been renovated since my last visit. The $64 bill became $35 with the 2 for 1.

9.5/10. This place could turn a gay man straight or a vegetarian into a carnivore. :D
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:55 am

Was at the Woody last night, just shared some S&P Squid and Pizza. Always a pretty reliable feed.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:25 am

I looked at the Woody for an upcoming function I'm hosting. They wanted some $300 for a "private room". When I asked where the aforementioned "private room" was ( knowing the Woody, I couldn't think of a room anywhere ) the young lady stated "Oh, we rope of a portion of the newly renovated glass bar for you". :shock:

"That's not private though?" - "Yeah, it is". :lol: Anyway, I'm having it somewhere else. Not to mention $2.50 "cakeage" per person! Yes, $2.50 PER PERSON for them to cut and serve a cake.... :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7543 times
Been liked: 10874 times

Postby JK » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:16 am

Do Cupcakes ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach