I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby locky801 » Wed May 22, 2024 6:43 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Where has RikEboy gone? Hasnt been sighted since May 01. Im missing his Supercoach updates

been thinking the same thing, hope alls ok
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3781 times
Been liked: 1180 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed May 22, 2024 7:19 pm

Not displaying as being hosted on a Linux webserver anymore but this site is still bloody slow for me!
Anyone else?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2238 times
Been liked: 2533 times

Postby Spargo » Wed May 22, 2024 8:32 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Not displaying as being hosted on a Linux webserver anymore but this site is still bloody slow for me!
Anyone else?

It’s f#cking slow, still…
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5548 times
Been liked: 5175 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 22, 2024 8:38 pm

Spargo wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Not displaying as being hosted on a Linux webserver anymore but this site is still bloody slow for me!
Anyone else?

It’s f#cking slow, still…

Yep, I hardly post as I’ve usually finished my poo by the time the page loads
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Spargo » Wed May 22, 2024 9:14 pm

locky801 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Where has RikEboy gone? Hasnt been sighted since May 01. Im missing his Supercoach updates

Also haven’t seen @Brodlach on here lately…

Spargo
Coach

Postby dedja » Wed May 22, 2024 9:17 pm

Spargo wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Nor Dog_ger
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 22, 2024 10:42 pm

dedja wrote:
Spargo wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Nor Dog_ger

Dog_ger passed away May 2022, it was posted on here at the time in the CDFC 2022 topic on the SANFL board (20th page).
He was 65.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby dedja » Thu May 23, 2024 9:33 am

Wedgie wrote:Dog_ger passed away May 2022, it was posted on here at the time in the CDFC 2022 topic on the SANFL board (20th page).
He was 65.

Apologies and sorry to hear.
dedja
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu May 23, 2024 11:14 am

Spargo wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Riko has been on holidays seeing family interstate.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10831 times

Postby RB » Thu May 23, 2024 12:56 pm

dedja wrote:I’ve done Homebush a few times by train and it worked really well, despite the little spur line for the last leg.

Homebush with 80k was an absolute sh1tshow getting in, and in particular out, for me. Otherwise public transport system is Sydney has always been quite good for me. Including the train to Gosford.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 773 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Postby dedja » Mon May 27, 2024 9:52 pm

saintal wrote:
Vamos wrote:Anyone else get a massive hike in their car insurance? I'm with AAMI and it's gone from $60 p/m to $100 p/m, did some online quotes and $100 p/m seems across the board.

Yep noticed a huge jump in car and also home/contents insurance when mine were up for renewal recently. Shopped around but all were fairly comparable.

All my insurances renew on 30/6, same here. Large car insurance premium hikes with severely reduced agreed values.

5 cars and house & contents, faark I hate doing this dance.
dedja
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue May 28, 2024 12:23 pm

dedja wrote:
saintal wrote:
Vamos wrote:Anyone else get a massive hike in their car insurance? I'm with AAMI and it's gone from $60 p/m to $100 p/m, did some online quotes and $100 p/m seems across the board.

Yep noticed a huge jump in car and also home/contents insurance when mine were up for renewal recently. Shopped around but all were fairly comparable.

All my insurances renew on 30/6, same here. Large car insurance premium hikes with severely reduced agreed values.

5 cars and house & contents, faark I hate doing this dance.

Problem is the cost of repairs for both Motor and HH.

I got rear ended and it took 10 weeks to fix because there were no parts available

For Agreed Value; do some research on the Market Value of the car. You may be better off
Arguing with an insurer about the MV is a lot easier these days because of AFCA
It costs them ~$10k if you persist so they usually cave in up to that amount
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 728 times
Been liked: 1086 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby dedja » Tue May 28, 2024 4:03 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:… For Agreed Value; do some research on the Market Value of the car. You may be better off
Arguing with an insurer about the MV is a lot easier these days because of AFCA
It costs them ~$10k if you persist so they usually cave in up to that amount

It’s an interesting point. The 5 cars in our family are wide and varied, so a couple of them actually benefit greatly with agreed value whilst one generally doesn’t, and the others can vary from year to year.

It’s also taken a couple of years for the inflated used car prices to subside back to something resembling normal, and during this period I had a couple of cars that had an agreed value way above the purchase price.

I generally prefer agreed value where I can negotiate it as insurers have more weasel room in their (varied) definition of market value.

It doesn’t negate the fact that there’s some investigation work to be done to work through the renewals, it’s just more than usual.

Anyway Jimmy, point well taken.
dedja
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 29, 2024 3:40 pm

My car was bought new and insured with RAA under their new for old lifetime replacement policy. It has been insured with them ever since.
My current policy has it listed as market value. When i called to question they said that the new for old still applies.
Should i be worried that they wont cough up if it actually came to a replacement claim?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2430 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby dedja » Wed May 29, 2024 3:53 pm

daysofourlives wrote:My car was bought new and insured with RAA under their new for old lifetime replacement policy. It has been insured with them ever since.
My current policy has it listed as market value. When i called to question they said that the new for old still applies.
Should i be worried that they wont cough up if it actually came to a replacement claim?

If you have it in writing then there should be no issue.
dedja
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed May 29, 2024 4:04 pm

daysofourlives wrote:My car was bought new and insured with RAA under their new for old lifetime replacement policy. It has been insured with them ever since.

@Footy Chick

Spargo
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 29, 2024 4:11 pm

dedja wrote:

If i can find an old policy im sure it is, other than that im relying on them. Its about 8 years old now
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2430 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed May 29, 2024 4:27 pm

Check the Policy Schedule first and then the PDS
Search for words like lifetime

Better still ask the chick @Footy Chick
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed May 29, 2024 5:54 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
dedja wrote:

If i can find an old policy im sure it is, other than that im relying on them. Its about 8 years old now

Here you go days

https://www.raa.com.au/help-centre/insurance-support/car-insurance/changes

If you're eligible for the Lifetime Vehicle Replacement benefit with your existing RAA Comprehensive Car Insurance policy, you'll continue to have the benefit after your policy changes to Premium Comprehensive. The benefit will no longer be available if you cancel your policy or change your vehicle.

You will only be eligible for this benefit if:

you have held a Comprehensive Car Insurance policy for your vehicle with RAA continuously from the date you purchased your vehicle;
your original Comprehensive Car Insurance policy with RAA commenced prior to 8 December 2023;
you purchased your vehicle new (including a demonstration model); and
the year of manufacture of your vehicle is 2014 or after.
The Lifetime Vehicle Replacement benefit is not available with any Standard Comprehensive Car Insurance policy. It's also not available with any Premium Comprehensive Car Insurance policy that isn't renewing from an existing RAA Comprehensive Car Insurance policy.

Read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement for more information.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 29, 2024 9:31 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
dedja wrote:

In the event of an accident, the Lifetime Vehicle Replacement will kick in, but the first thing they'll ask you for as proof, is a copy of your new car contract, which shows the driveaway date being the same as the date you started the policy. The LVR has been provided to you on the basis that you've disclosed that you're the first registered owner and have insured the car with RAA since the day you drove it out of the dealership.

If you can do this, then your insured amount pretty much becomes a guide as to whether RAA chooses to repair or replace, depending on the severity of the damage, so don't panic if you see this amount slowly depreciating, as cars do.

This benefit is no longer offered on new policies, however anyone who had it before our policy changes in December maintains the benefit, provided they keep the car insured with RAA and it is not cancelled by us or by you for any reason.

PS: your current policy will not show market value, it is insured for the value on your insurance certificate (if you don't have the lifetime replacement)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion