Travelling through Heathrow on Wed 30th Nov ???

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Travelling through Heathrow on Wed 30th Nov ???

Postby JAS » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:41 am

Just on the very remote chance that someone on here might be travelling through Heathrow next Wednesday or knows someone who is then be warned if this goes ahead you're in for a looooong wait so take a good book with you...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/passengers-fac ... 11258.html
(link to full article)

Passengers travelling through Heathrow airport next week have been warned they may have to queue for up to 12 hours when immigration officers go on strike.

Heathrow's operating officer Normand Boivin warned: "Modelling of the impacts of strike action on passenger flows at Heathrow show that there are likely to be very long delays of up to 12 hours to arriving passengers.

"The delays at immigration are likely to be so long that passengers could not be safely accommodated within the terminals and would need to be held on arriving aircraft...

...Civil servants have been approached to help man the borders next Wednesday when up to 18,000 immigration officials are expected to take part in a public sector walkout.

The UK Border Agency has also asked staff working in embassies and high commissions in South Africa, India and Russia to return to Britain to help with cover for their striking colleagues.

Ministers have condemned the planned strike over public sector pensions which could see two million workers stay away from work on November 30.

Regards
JAS
You can't be a pirate if you don't have a beard. I said so. MY boat, MY rules.

We haven't got a plank. Just ******* jump

Trust no one The truth is everyone is going to let you down you eventually
JAS
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Board index   General Talk  Travel