Worlds worst travellers, Aussies taking the lead!

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Re: Worlds worst travellers, Aussies taking the lead!

Postby Dirko » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:03 am

Bogan Australians doing the cheap Flight Centre deals to Bali & Phuket annoy the crap out of me. The amount of tattooed, bearded bogans sitting shirtless in restaurants in both places is enough to make you vomit. Respect the culture.

I've always learnt the basic "Hello", "Goodbye" & "Thankyou" of the country where I'm headed. Even if you stuff it up and get it wrong they (especially the Customs dudes) correct you, give you a smile, and look like they appreciate someone trying.

Funniest thing I've seen was in France on the Champs-Élysées. Went to a baguette place, and said "Bonjour", then the "Parlez vous Anglais", gave 'em a smile, and bingo off she went rattling off the choices in English. I ordered, paid, and moved aside. The next dudes up were a couple of Yanks. They just started rattling off in English, and the chick just looked straight through them, shrugged her shoulders, and said "Je ne comprends pas". The Yanks didn't understand her and started off again. The chick just shrugged her shoulders, and called the next people through. Poor bastards.

Friendliest country I have ever been to. Either Mauritius or Loas.
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Travel