Eyre Peninsula

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Re: Eyre Peninsula

Postby Brodlach » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:51 pm

I have friends over there and I go across about 7-8 times a year but have never been there for New Years, just about my favorite spot in the world. Im sure they would have something down the front on the waters edge for NYE. Never had to buy seafood over there as we normally catch our own but there are plenty of fish factories there and they are not far from town. The Tourist Centre is great and the girls are very helpful.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4306 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby AFLflyer » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:48 am

After NYears, booked two nights at memory cove wilderness area (camp site) looks awesome from what i have seen on the web. (travel blogs etc)
tiny bit of info here:
http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/parks/ ... ction_Area
Apparently only 5 x sites, and they only let 15 cars in the area per day (to protect the area), can't believe they still had a vacancy for that time of the year. hopefully nail some fish here!
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:37 pm

You need to spend a day on Farm Beach, best beach around!! Probably get 2wd on during Summer (4wd preferred). Can catch whiting, tommies off the beach, have a bbq and enjoy what is bliss. Gods own country. It's about 50 minutes from Lincoln heading towards Elliston, turn left at Wangary and follow the dirt for ten minutes right to the end.
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby AFLflyer » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:59 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:You need to spend a day on Farm Beach, best beach around!! Probably get 2wd on during Summer (4wd preferred). Can catch whiting, tommies off the beach, have a bbq and enjoy what is bliss. Gods own country. It's about 50 minutes from Lincoln heading towards Elliston, turn left at Wangary and follow the dirt for ten minutes right to the end.

thanks for the tip, may try and camp a night there. Is it part of the coffin bay NP?
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Postby Brodlach » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:17 pm

Nice area Farm Beach. Have caught good size KGW 5 metres off the shore line so you dont need to cast far. Watch out for the people at Sheringa though :shock:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4306 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby westcoastpanther » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:01 pm

AFLflyer wrote:
westcoastpanther wrote:You need to spend a day on Farm Beach, best beach around!! Probably get 2wd on during Summer (4wd preferred). Can catch whiting, tommies off the beach, have a bbq and enjoy what is bliss. Gods own country. It's about 50 minutes from Lincoln heading towards Elliston, turn left at Wangary and follow the dirt for ten minutes right to the end.

thanks for the tip, may try and camp a night there. Is it part of the coffin bay NP?

There is a camp ground 200 metres back from the beach, has toilets and cold showers. $5 a night. This is a place you really don't want to miss, trust me!! Gallipoli was also filmed just to the North. At the Farm Beach car park there is a track running north, follow this to the end (about 3-4 km's) and you come to Galipolli beach.

Not part of CBNP....
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times

Postby Media Park » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:16 pm

And the Eyre Peninsula has also got pubs... Where you will see MP... :D

That's worth the travel alone!! :D
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Been liked: 0 time

Postby old fullback » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:37 am

Tumby Bay, need i say any more!!
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby AFLflyer » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:44 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:
AFLflyer wrote:

There is a camp ground 200 metres back from the beach, has toilets and cold showers. $5 a night. This is a place you really don't want to miss, trust me!! Gallipoli was also filmed just to the North. At the Farm Beach car park there is a track running north, follow this to the end (about 3-4 km's) and you come to Galipolli beach.

Not part of CBNP....

thanks for this tip, awesome beach, so easy to spend the day here. Caught sand whiting and a big flathead of the beach. clear blue water!!!! all the locals are friendly, just a shame i couldnt go out in a boat!!
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Postby AFLflyer » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:00 am

Memory Cove Camoing Spot (Pt Lincoln National Park) Highly recommend
Attachments
memory cove.jpg
memory cove.jpg (59.04 KiB) Viewed 289 times
memory cove 2.jpg
memory cove 2.jpg (80.05 KiB) Viewed 288 times