Cruises

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Re: Cruises

Postby Smashed Crab » Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:15 pm

Doing a cruise with wife and 5 & 6yr old kids out of Adelaide Dec 16 to New Zealand and back to Adelaide Jan 4. Christmas & New Year's plans sorted, don't have to organise or cook a f!@#$ng thing. No flight hassles with young kids. Magic. Of course we've got the drinks package, coz why wouldn't ya. Looking forward to seeing who else is on board that we'd know. If anyone from here is going sing out.
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:04 am

Just finished a 7 day Northbound cruise of Norway and the scenery was absolutely astonishing plus the service and food on board was top notch. Really enjoyed it for the most part but geez it was a rough old ride for a some long stints especially at night. The Norwegian Sea was in full fury one night and when you look out your 5th floor window to be greeted by waves at eye level it’s a bit scary. We were tossed around like a rag doll that night and some very sick and sorry souls onboard at brekky the next day and many didn’t emerge from their cabins. My wife was crook as a dog for 2 days but I coped ok.
From speaking to seasoned cruisers on the ship it seems we picked quite the cruise to break our cruise duck and we have been assured that others are much smoother sailing.
Looking at going to the West Indies for the cricket next year and will probably squeeze a short Caribbean cruise in over the course of the month we will be away for
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:09 am

Jim05 wrote:Just finished a 7 day Northbound cruise of Norway and the scenery was absolutely astonishing plus the service and food on board was top notch. Really enjoyed it for the most part but geez it was a rough old ride for a some long stints especially at night. The Norwegian Sea was in full fury one night and when you look out your 5th floor window to be greeted by waves at eye level it’s a bit scary. We were tossed around like a rag doll that night and some very sick and sorry souls onboard at brekky the next day and many didn’t emerge from their cabins. My wife was crook as a dog for 2 days but I coped ok.
From speaking to seasoned cruisers on the ship it seems we picked quite the cruise to break our cruise duck and we have been assured that others are much smoother sailing.
Looking at going to the West Indies for the cricket next year and will probably squeeze a short Caribbean cruise in over the course of the month we will be away for

Sounds f*cking awful and why you won't get me on one of those things. F*ck that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:28 am

We usually want more waves on our cruises as the South Pacific and Australian waters are very calm. The closest we've had to any movement just had me walking in a straight line when I was pissed! :lol:
To me a cruise is definitely a warm weather thing, we all know what happened to the Titanic. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Psyber » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:44 pm

We are off to Hawaii cruising via several Pacific islands in April. This will be more relaxing, though we did enjoy our active trip back in October driving around Ireland and then Wales.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Jim05 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:20 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Just finished a 7 day Northbound cruise of Norway and the scenery was absolutely astonishing plus the service and food on board was top notch. Really enjoyed it for the most part but geez it was a rough old ride for a some long stints especially at night. The Norwegian Sea was in full fury one night and when you look out your 5th floor window to be greeted by waves at eye level it’s a bit scary. We were tossed around like a rag doll that night and some very sick and sorry souls onboard at brekky the next day and many didn’t emerge from their cabins. My wife was crook as a dog for 2 days but I coped ok.

Sounds f*cking awful and why you won't get me on one of those things. F*ck that.
Ship was excellent.
Crew and everything onboard was superb.
Most of the days the weather was great and was like sailing on glass but the couple of days it was rough was real hard work. Unfortunately it’s really the only way to see parts of Norway we wanted to see in winter as most roads are shut.
Once in a lifetime experience and don’t need to do it again :)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:07 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Ship was excellent.
Crew and everything onboard was superb.
Most of the days the weather was great and was like sailing on glass but the couple of days it was rough was real hard work. Unfortunately it’s really the only way to see parts of Norway we wanted to see in winter as most roads are shut.
Once in a lifetime experience and don’t need to do it again :)

I'll take your word for it. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Travel