$$$ overseas

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Re: $$$ overseas

Postby Iron Fist » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:24 pm

devilsadvocate wrote:
Johno6 wrote:Take some cocain over with u and just sell it when u need some cashola...

Cocain is stupidly more expensive in Aus than Europe, so perhaps just take plenty of lube and follow white line fever's advice!

take both
can be a sort of combo, buy this and get this for a reduced fee!
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Psyber » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:15 pm

In South Africa last year I just changed a couple of hundred $AU for Rand when I got there - the rate was better than obtainable here.
Everything major I just charged to my Diners or VISA cards, and got a better rate on the bill than any money exchange offered.
I sign and don't use a PIN - some devices can record your PIN and anyone can then enter it, and you can't prove you didn't.
Your bank can take back a payment if a signed chit cannot be produced, and, if they can't get it back for some reason, they still can't claim you did enter your PIN and get off the hook.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Iron Fist » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:41 am

Psyber wrote:In South Africa last year I just changed a couple of hundred $AU for Rand when I got there - the rate was better than obtainable here.
Everything major I just charged to my Diners or VISA cards, and got a better rate on the bill than any money exchange offered.
I sign and don't use a PIN - some devices can record your PIN and anyone can then enter it, and you can't prove you didn't.
Your bank can take back a payment if a signed chit cannot be produced, and, if they can't get it back for some reason, they still can't claim you did enter your PIN and get off the hook.

I always sign aswell
dunno why, but just prefer it!
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby godoubleblues » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:41 pm

going to Europe for a month in sep and we have got a ANZ travel card and loading it up with EUROs
also will have a credit union visa credit card and will use that also

just beware of debit cards, we got stung in NZ last year, we had booked a rental car through budget (booked through the travel agent) and went to pick up the car, asked for a credit card, presented my visa debit and they wouldnt accept it, it had to be a credit card, well that was news to me
what were my options, I could get a family member or friend to present a credit card at a budget office back home in OZ, how long would that take???
luckily I was with a kind mate and he let me use his credit card

yet later on in the trip we had booked a campervan through another company and the visa debit card was no probs :roll:
godoubleblues
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Millicent

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Travel