The Contender Australia

Any other sports

The Contender Australia

Postby The Jack » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:51 pm

Is anyone else watching this? I've caught the last couple of shows, missed the first one, but I'm pretty happy with it so far. And even better, because it's basically a pugilistic version of all her favourite reality shows (Top Model, etc) the missus is liking it too! My favourite at the moment is Nader, who talked the talk and then was able to back it up! One thing I was wondering though, is there doesn't appear to be any consideration given to weight divisions? One bloke Sonni, big African dude, is not willing to do anything to help his team win challenges (the winning team gets to pick who's fighting that week, then that person gets to pick who from the losing team he fights), everyone hates him, but noone is picking him out because he's so bloody big! On again tonight and every Monday night from 8 on Fox8.
The Jack
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Re: The Contender Australia

Postby Iron Fist » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:52 am

I seen a bit of it last week
Nader looks alright, that would be so hard fasting during training
the bloke cant have a drink or something to eat from sunrise to sundown!
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Re: The Contender Australia

Postby The Jack » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:08 pm

Yeah Ramadan is no good in the middle of training for boxing! How was last night's fight??! Probably the best fight they've had so far between Victor "The Crushin' Russian" Oganov (I think that's his last name!) and Junior (not even gonna try his last name!). Blue team won the tug-o-war challenge and after quite a bit of discussion Victor was chosen to fight (Pradeep was not happy!), and he chose Junior from the Gold team. It ended up being one of those results that happens in boxing, with Victor coming out on top in a majority points decision after the full 5 rounds. I honestly thought Junior was all over him, he seemed to be too quick for the lumbering Russian, but when Victor got inside he definitely made his punches count! Suffice to say if it was a proper professional bout, there would have been a call for a rematch. But, now Junior's out of the competition. There's a fair carrot at the end of the comp, with the overall winner getting a fight with Anthony Mundine. I think I've answered my own question from earlier too about the weight division. I think they're all middleweights, even though some look bigger than others. It's all got me fired up for Dec 2, I booked Danny Green v Roy Jones Jr this morning! 8)
The Jack
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports